Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Dog mauls passenger on flight
Well, this should provide a nice distraction from Radical Islamic Terrorism long enough that we can all spend a few days contemplating the merit of support dogs.

http://www.msn.com/en-us/travel/news/dog-mauls-passenger-on-delta-flight/ar-BBC4LEY?li=BBmkt5R&ocid=spartandhp

[quote"The gentleman’s face was completely bloody, blood in his eyes, cheeks, nose, his mouth, his shirt was covered in blood," passenger Bridget Maddox-Peoples told Fox 5.
She described the dog as a possible lab mix weighing an estimated 50 pounds.
According to Maddox-Peoples, the victim was sitting by the window while the dog's owner was in the middle seat. She said the flight crew reacted immediately and paramedics boarded the plane to render medical attention.][/quote]
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Almost zero chance this was a real service dog.  Those dogs are trained within an inch of their life.  This kind of attack should never happen with a real service dog.  If it is a fake service dog the owner is in for a nice lawsuit.
(06-05-2017, 08:41 PM)Sociopathicsteelerfan Wrote: Almost zero chance this was a real service dog.  Those dogs are trained within an inch of their life.  This kind of attack should never happen with a real service dog.  If it is a fake service dog the owner is in for a nice lawsuit.

I've seen several "service dogs" that I've been suspect of their qualifications.  I always just keep quiet, as to not be "that guy".

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
(06-05-2017, 08:45 PM)SunsetBengal Wrote: I've seen several "service dogs" that I've been suspect of their qualifications.  I always just keep quiet, as to not be "that guy".

We have similar issues, but the law really prohibits what you can ask regarding them.
(06-05-2017, 08:45 PM)SunsetBengal Wrote: I've seen several "service dogs" that I've been suspect of their qualifications.  I always just keep quiet, as to not be "that guy".

I did a story a couple weeks ago on a guy who trains ptsd service dogs. I was really surprised to find out there isn't any regulation. You can start a training service, get any dog out of the pound and charge $20,000+ to anyone willing to pay you. A lot of legitimate trainers aren't opposed to this since the way the law works, you could spend the dozens of hours training your own dog to meet your need and certify him yourself.
(06-06-2017, 01:31 AM)Benton Wrote: I did a story a couple weeks ago on a guy who trains ptsd service dogs. I was really surprised to find out there isn't any regulation. You can start a training service, get any dog out of the pound and charge $20,000+ to anyone willing to pay you. A lot of legitimate trainers aren't opposed to this since the way the law works, you could spend the dozens of hours training your own dog to meet your need and certify him yourself.

My Brother's fiance has a "service" dog who is just their dog, but she claims she needs him for her anxiety. While the dog is great, he has never received any special training to handle interactions with other people (but he is great at it none the less). It is becoming a bit of an epidemic as more and more people figure out you can take your dog with you wherever you want, all you have top do is say it makes you feel better. My biggest issue with this is these people completely disregard the impact it has on the other people they interact with including those with allergies or fears of dogs/animals.
You can just pay a price and print off the certification now. Buy a vest to go with it. It's a real shame and an insult to those who train real service dogs and the things those dogs do.
[Image: ulVdgX6.jpg]

(06-06-2017, 09:41 AM)BmorePat87 Wrote: You can just pay a price and print off the certification now. Buy a vest to go with it. It's a real shame and an insult to those who train real service dogs and the things those dogs do.

With all of the laws that have been strengthened, regarding animal rights, over the past generation;  One would think that the title of service dog would be a bit more tightly guarded than that.

Perhaps the incident described in the article can lead to some reformation of the service dog industry?

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Yeah these aren't real service dogs. These are the anxiety ones that are basically just the person's pet.
“History teaches that grave threats to liberty often come in times of urgency, when constitutional rights seem too extravagant to endure.”-Thurgood Marshall

It's almost like you need a set of nationwide regulations on some things.   Cool
[Image: giphy.gif]
Your anger and ego will always reveal your true self.
What?  No snarky "must have been an Islamic dog"  comment yet?

Allah Ahkbark, Allah Ahkbark..
(06-07-2017, 09:45 AM)michaelsean Wrote: Yeah these aren't real service dogs.  These are the anxiety ones that are basically just the person's pet.

And their owners are likely not required to carry any liability insurance, in case of incidents like the one described in the article linked in the OP.

-Frank Booth 1/9/23