Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Shawn Williams is worthless in pass coverage
That is all.
Reply/Quote
I'm starting to wonder if there's ANYONE worth a dang on this team. Ninja
Reply/Quote
(09-18-2016, 10:46 PM)Crazyjdawg Wrote: That is all.

Yeah, from what i saw, thats what it seemed like. I truly thought he was gonna have a breakout year. Could be wrong tho.
Reply/Quote
I thought he played better than Iloka.
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(09-18-2016, 10:49 PM)Gohards Wrote: Yeah, from what i saw, thats what it seemed like. I truly thought he was gonna have a breakout year. Could be wrong tho.

Hard to follow a guy like Reggie Nelson. He spoiled us for years.
Reply/Quote
Williams is nowhere near as bad as Dennard.
Reply/Quote
I thought it was interesting sometimes him and Pacman had bracket coverage on Brown, but Pacman was the deep guy and Williams underneath. On one deep out Brown had a big catch and Pac was right behind him but Williams got shook and Big Ben threw it right past him.

Just thought it was weird to see a the safety underneath and the CB deep. Good call by Paulie G. Williams should've had a pick on it
Reply/Quote
This is what his 4th or 5th start give the guy some time.
https://twitter.com/JAKEAKAJ24
J24

Jessie Bates left the Bengals and that makes me sad!
Reply/Quote
(09-19-2016, 12:43 AM)bonesaw Wrote: I thought it was interesting sometimes him and Pacman had bracket coverage on Brown, but Pacman was the deep guy and Williams underneath.  On one deep out Brown had a big catch and Pac was right behind him but Williams got shook and Big Ben threw it right past him.

Just thought it was weird to see a the safety underneath and the CB deep.  Good call by Paulie G.  Williams should've had a pick on it

You're right, that was a weird look at times.  I assumed it was to have Sean being able to get to the perimeter quicker vs backs at the time.  As for Williams, I won't single him out but I wouldn't be surprised if we see Smith out there more or even three safeties at times depending on the personnel.  
Reply/Quote
Held rottenturdgurggler to 259 pass yards. Coates was their leader with 2 for 80 something. Everybody else under 40 yards.

He will get better.
Reply/Quote
Yea our secondary is actually doing a lot better so far this year than I'd anticipated. They've let a few big plays go but otherwise they're giving out small change or nothing. A stingy secondary is a good one.
Reply/Quote
I tried to tell people I didn't want Williams as a starter, they kept saying he's younger and better in the long run. I think we'd be better off with derron Smith.
Reply/Quote
Dunno about worthless but I was missing Reggie Nelson today.

And Darqueze Dennard had a pretty bad game. He had me missing Leon Hall.

Reply/Quote
(09-19-2016, 02:41 AM)BoomerFan Wrote: Dunno about worthless but I was missing Reggie Nelson today.

And Darqueze Dennard had a pretty bad game. He had me missing Leon Hall.

Ouch.
Reply/Quote
Dennard is awful and can't stay healthy he's terrible in coverage and got burned big time
Reply/Quote
The rest of the Cincinnati secondary is making Dre Kirkpatrick look like an all-pro!
Reply/Quote
(09-19-2016, 06:38 AM)Andy2AJ Wrote: Dennard is awful and can't stay healthy he's terrible in coverage and got burned big time

I agree that Dennard cant stay healthy and had a terrible game but i don't think he should have started over shaw considering he missed all last season and this was his 1st week practicing since the 1st week of camp, they should have made him the 4th cb and eased him back like they did Kroft last week.  Williams has struggled that last TD big Ben threw either him or pacman blew the coverage and if i had to guess by pacman's reaction it was Williams.  Hopefully him and Dennard get better with more game experience.  Also I know PIT's line was holding a lot but where has Dunlap been these last 2 games ? I think the D will be fine once Burfict gets back much more concerned with the offense.   
Reply/Quote
Individually some players need to, and will, get better, but as a Secondary Unit I'm not sure how you can hack on them when they kept the Rapist and Antonio Brown in check pretty much the whole game. I'm fine with our secondary, it's the oline that's giving me concern.
Reply/Quote
(09-19-2016, 12:43 AM)bonesaw Wrote: I thought it was interesting sometimes him and Pacman had bracket coverage on Brown, but Pacman was the deep guy and Williams underneath.  On one deep out Brown had a big catch and Pac was right behind him but Williams got shook and Big Ben threw it right past him.

Just thought it was weird to see a the safety underneath and the CB deep.  Good call by Paulie G.  Williams should've had a pick on it

By and large, they secondary did a good job on covering Brown.  The problem is, as it always seems to be, allowing opposing TEs to have good days.  Both of Ben's TD passes were to TEs.

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
The secondary has played fine. How about we talk about the HB's in back to back week rushing for about 100 yards and catching almost 50 yards a piece. You aren't going to win when the opposing team is always in good down and distance due to a successful running game.
Reply/Quote