Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Shawn Williams to Start
(12-18-2015, 04:57 PM)SunsetBengal Wrote: He seems trustworthy in the role.  As compared to looking lost, in previous seasons.

Couldn't agree more.  

Would love to get Reggie resigned for 1-2 years. Similar to what we signed Whit....  Then Shawn takes over
Reply/Quote
I'm fine with it. I question his deep safety play. Plus he's a little stiff in the hips. But he's done much better than one would expect with a player with those issues.

They're playing the 49ers. So definitely not worried about his deep ball play.
Check out my YouTube channel: https://www.youtube.com/user/AndWeGiveUp

[Image: Mx7IB2.png]
Reply/Quote
(12-18-2015, 04:20 PM)Earendil Wrote: As long as he hits the opponents instead of his own teammates, I don't mind.

As long as he wraps up and goes for the tackle instead of the big hit, we should be fine.  When he tackles he does pretty well, but I'm pretty sure I've seen him whiff a couple times going for the big hit instead of the tackle.
[Image: PApinhead-Sig-1_2.png]

Sig compliments of ExtraRadiohead
Reply/Quote
(12-19-2015, 02:02 PM)PApinhead Wrote: As long as he wraps up and goes for the tackle instead of the big hit, we should be fine.  When he tackles he does pretty well, but I'm pretty sure I've seen him whiff a couple times going for the big hit instead of the tackle.

Is that him? I swear there's always someone that flies through the picture head first through the air and completely misses everything. Good initiative, bad judgement.
Reply/Quote
(12-19-2015, 02:18 PM)StoneTheCrow Wrote: Is that him? I swear there's always someone that flies through the picture head first through the air and completely misses everything. Good initiative, bad judgement.

I can't say that it is him all the time, but I do know I have seen him do that once or twice.  That's why I wish guys would wrap up instead of going for the big hit.

Reply/Quote
He looked pretty solid today. I gotta say I'm starting to become a Shawn Williams fan.
Reply/Quote
(12-21-2015, 01:32 AM)CageTheBengal Wrote: He looked pretty solid today. I gotta say I'm starting to become a Shawn Williams fan.  Cool

He does a great job jumping in front of defenders. That play was very similar to the one in Pittsburgh
Reply/Quote
I'm expecting Williams will be a starter next season with Iloka and Nelson both being FAs.
You can always trust an dishonest man to be dishonest. Honestly, it's the honest ones you have to look out for.
"Winning makes believers of us all"-Paul Brown
Reply/Quote
(12-21-2015, 02:24 AM)Bengal Dude Wrote: I'm expecting Williams will be a starter next season with Iloka and Nelson both being FAs.

I would hope that we retain both and if not, then at the very least Iloka. 
Reply/Quote
(12-21-2015, 03:21 AM)CornerBlitz Wrote: I would hope that we retain both and if not, then at the very least Iloka. 

yeah nelson is getting older but having a career year...

williams is making me a little less worried,.
Reply/Quote
(12-21-2015, 03:21 AM)CornerBlitz Wrote: I would hope that we retain both and if not, then at the very least Iloka. 

Yeah, I sure would like to have both back, knowing we have Williams ready to step in when needed.  He is looking like he will be a good safety, but man I'd hate to see Nelson or Iloka go.  Even though Nelson is getting up there in age, he is showing he can still play at a great level.

Reply/Quote
Williams has shown improvement, but I don't see him as a replacement to Nelson. Even though our coaches won't admit it He's more of the SS mode than a FS mode, even though they act like theirs no difference. Still wouldn't trust him in coverage like Nelson.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Quote:"Success doesn’t mean every single move they make is good" ~ Anonymous 
"Let not the dumb have to educate" ~ jj22
Reply/Quote

Definately, I like Shawn but he is not the cover guy that Reggie is yet and may never be the ballhawk that Reggie is.

Have to keep George in the jungle.
Reply/Quote
(12-21-2015, 11:08 AM)jj22 Wrote: Williams has shown improvement, but I don't see him as a replacement to Nelson. Even though our coaches won't admit it He's more of the SS mode than a FS mode, even though they act like theirs no difference. Still wouldn't trust him in coverage like Nelson.

Nelson has whiffed on plenty of coverage this year. He gets a lot of Ints but he gets burned his fair share too. Especially early in the year he got dusted a few times.
Reply/Quote
I think we keep either one Nelson or Iloka.
Reply/Quote

I imagine that Iloka will be franchised at the very least. I'd have no problem with us keeping Nelson, but I don't know where he ranks in terms of importance with all of our other free agents.
You can always trust an dishonest man to be dishonest. Honestly, it's the honest ones you have to look out for.
Reply/Quote
(12-21-2015, 05:23 PM)Bengal Dude Wrote: I imagine that Iloka will be franchised at the very least. I'd have no problem with us keeping Nelson, but I don't know where he ranks in terms of importance with all of our other free agents.

If we use the tag it should be on Reggie, not George. Sign George long term.
Reply/Quote
(12-21-2015, 07:56 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: If we use the tag it should be on Reggie, not George. Sign George long term.

If you can't get a long term deal, you use the tag on George.
Reggie is old. He will be easier to retain. 
George should be lined up for a decent payday. 
Reply/Quote
(12-21-2015, 07:57 PM)RoyleRedlegs Wrote: If you can't get a long term deal, you use the tag on George.
Reggie is old. He will be easier to retain. 
George should be lined up for a decent payday. 

Then by all means use the dough on George.

Dude is seriously a rare talent that hopefully the rest of the league is not accustomed to yet...

Reggie is having a great year in terms of picks but that won't last forever.
Reply/Quote
(12-21-2015, 07:56 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: If we use the tag it should be on Reggie, not George. Sign George long term.

Everyone wants Iloka back long term. Here's the thing, the team tried extending him before the season and both sides didn't come to agreement. Iloka chose to bet on himself and landing a better payday. He's probably going to attract top 5 safety money. If we can't come to agreement before free agency opens, then you absolutely tag him and continue to work towards a long term deal.

Plenty of us love Reggie, but he has made some mistakes this year and it's looking like that eventual tumble over the cliff that older DBs take is coming up on him in a year or two.
Reply/Quote