Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Shawn, be quiet
(09-11-2018, 11:08 AM)PV Bengal Wrote: He got the flag because the QB was already down. Simple as that.

Agreed. It all happens really fast. Still, Williams should have known (or maybe not) that MJ was bringing Luck down. You can see where his knee was down before he gets the 1st down. The hit was just plain not necessary. Given the rules, it was the right call by the refs.

[Image: 1%20Shawn%20Williams%20Ejection_zpszwcvj2dy.png]
Today I'm TEAM SEWELL. Tomorrow TEAM PITTS. Maybe TEAM CHASE. I can't decide, and glad I don't have to.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(09-12-2018, 02:30 AM)Shady Wrote: Agreed. It all happens really fast. Still, Williams should have known (or maybe not) that MJ was bringing Luck down. You can see where his knee was down before he gets the 1st down. The hit was just plain not necessary. Given the rules, it was the right call by the refs.

It is 2018, when it comes to QBs, you TACKLE, not HIT.  Williams needs to update himself. Geeze.

RULE #1: You don't live in Cleveland
RULE #2: You don't dirty like Pittsburgh
Reply/Quote
(09-12-2018, 02:30 AM)Shady Wrote: Agreed. It all happens really fast. Still, Williams should have known (or maybe not) that MJ was bringing Luck down. You can see where his knee was down before he gets the 1st down. The hit was just plain not necessary. Given the rules, it was the right call by the refs.

Not that dirty of a hit. He didn't try to hit him with his helmet and it was a bang bang play. You're not going to be able to stop from  tackling a guy when you're going full speed at them. Yeah, if he had the ability to slow down time and see that his knee was down a half of a second before he hit them then I would agree.
Reply/Quote
(09-12-2018, 02:52 AM)Brownshoe Wrote: Not that dirty of a hit. He didn't try to hit him with his helmet and it was a bang bang play. You're not going to be able to stop from  tackling a guy when you're going full speed at them. Yeah, if he had the ability to slow down time and see that his knee was down a half of a second before he hit them then I would agree.

He probably didn't want to hit his head/helmet, but he definitely wanted to go for the "hit". He missed, hit the head, the rest is history. Play to play, rather than play to pain.
Reply/Quote
(09-12-2018, 02:52 AM)Brownshoe Wrote: Not that dirty of a hit. He didn't try to hit him with his helmet and it was a bang bang play. You're not going to be able to stop from  tackling a guy when you're going full speed at them. Yeah, if he had the ability to slow down time and see that his knee was down a half of a second before he hit them then I would agree.

I hear ya, but if you look at his position in the first still, he could have pulled up at that point. At some point he decided that he had to stop Luck from getting the 1st down. That's when he drove his shoulder pad at Luck to stop his forward progress. (Too late)

Still, I can only imagine how fast sh*t was happening out there and in his head. He made a snap judgement, and it wasn't a good one.  Had the same thing happened last year or before, we wouldn't even be talking about it.

Not hating on him I was one who really wanted us to draft him. I thought he was better than Bacari Rambo, who got more hype coming out of college, but he's not signed with anybody right now. 

Anyway, I'm just glad he's not suspended. 
Today I'm TEAM SEWELL. Tomorrow TEAM PITTS. Maybe TEAM CHASE. I can't decide, and glad I don't have to.
Reply/Quote
If nothing else they need to get Burfict back on the field to be the designated ejection.  I mean - they're used to not playing with him now after a few seasons.
Reply/Quote

You sound as archaic and clueless as Williams. It was a completely unnecessary hit which is exactly why he was penalized and thrown out of the game. You can literally see in the stills that MJ had already tackled him and started taking him to the ground. There was no need for Williams to dive in with his shoulder right near Lucks head. Literally 0.
Reply/Quote