Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 2.5 Average
Shayne Graham signs 1-day contract to retire a Bengal
(02-21-2017, 05:27 PM)Bengal Dude Wrote: This makes me wonder if any other player wanted to sign a 1-day deal and retire a Bengal.

I believe Willie Anderson wanted to but couldn't due to still be signed to the Ravens and them wanting him to keep playing.
Check out my YouTube channel: https://www.youtube.com/user/AndWeGiveUp

[Image: Mx7IB2.png]
Reply/Quote
Very glad to hear.

Prior to that unforgettable 2010 playoff game he was a damn good kicker for us. Happy to hear he wants to retire a Bengal
Reply/Quote
Classy move by the FO...For a change. Congrats to Shayne! Maybe BengalSis can come back to the board and retire a Bengal as well...?

Truthfully, she was a very informed fan and I loved the way she was proud of her brother. She should be!

Glad to learn of this move.
Reply/Quote
Where are all the Shank Graham homers? He was a decent kicker most of his career. It is great he loved the Bengals enough to retire as one.
Who Dey!  Tiger
Reply/Quote
(02-21-2017, 03:17 PM)bfine32 Wrote: I miss Bengal Sis

(02-21-2017, 09:36 PM)Fan_in_Kettering Wrote: She was a class act.

She was a great contributor to the boards back then until several gave her shit when he was going through his bad stint. He was a good kicker and there was a few he missed due to bad snaps, etc. Some misses were key to losses. I am glad he retired as a Bengal. Hope Bengal Sis makes her way back here some time. I doubt it, yet she was a pretty cool on the boards and a good poster. She had my respect.

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(02-21-2017, 02:46 PM)WeezyBengal Wrote: You cant make this stuff up:

https://twitter.com/KBarnett15/status/834081321119055872

Hilarious

Honestly, the fact that a player actually wanted to retire as a former member of this team is shocking. I have to wonder if a player like Chad Johnson ever gets in the HOF, do you think he goes in as a Bengal, or is that bridge long burned. The fact that we give zero shits about some of our vested alumni is disturbing. It would cost Mike nothing to do something for guys like that, get some local brand to sponsor it. If the god damned Reds can do it, why cant we?
[Image: s4ed9rgnqb251.jpg]
Reply/Quote
(02-21-2017, 11:43 PM)guyofthetiger Wrote: Where are all the Shank Graham homers? He was a decent kicker most of his career. It is great he loved the Bengals enough to retire as one.

He was accurate, but had zero power, and that was an issue when he was kicking off at the 25 no the 35. But he wasn't beating his wife, beating up bathroom hair dryers, so I cant complain, and im just happy theres a player that actually wants to retire as a Bengal.
Reply/Quote
They should've done this with Chad and TJ...
I'm gonna break every record they've got. I'm tellin' you right now. I don't know how I'm gonna do it, but it's goin' to get done.

- Ja'Marr Chase 
  April 2021
Reply/Quote
(02-22-2017, 10:36 AM)jason Wrote: They should've done this with Chad and TJ...

They should do a lot more for a lot of guys who played here. Its pathetic how we just kinda forget guys who spent a majority are all of their careers here. Im shocked that Mike Brown would allow something like this to happen.
Reply/Quote
(02-21-2017, 08:57 PM)Awful Llama Wrote: Is Dave ok?

As far as I know. Figured that would have went over a lot of heads.

Dave always had a thing for "Golden Graham"

Reply/Quote
(02-21-2017, 06:18 PM)Hammerstripes Wrote: Why would you think this is a joke?

It's actually pretty damn cool that a guy would want to retire a Bengal.  How long has it been since somebody was proud of that?

I think its pretty damn funny. You usually don't hear about kickers coming back to a team and signing a 1 day contract to retire with that team. 

This being the Bengals makes it even funnier. 

For years people have been screaming and yelling how the Bengals don't care about their former players and low and behold, the one time someone does come back and retire a Bengal it's a mediocre kicker. 

Its just so....Bengals. 
[Image: Screenshot-2022-02-02-154836.png]
The boys are just talkin' ball, babyyyy
Reply/Quote
Shayne was okay his sister was a major pain in the ass though.

Years after Shayne wasn't on the team she was still paroling Jungle Noise getting butt hurt over anybody saying anything negative about Graham.
Reply/Quote
(02-22-2017, 01:01 PM)CageTheBengal Wrote: Shayne was okay his sister was a major pain in the ass though.

Years after Shayne wasn't on the team she was still paroling Jungle Noise getting butt hurt over anybody saying anything negative about Graham.

I don't think she hung around that long after he was gone. I think once he was gone, she left then came back briefly months later and that was it.

She's still got me waiting on those noodz tho.
Reply/Quote
(02-22-2017, 01:10 PM)yellowxdiscipline Wrote: I don't think she hung around that long after he was gone. I think once he was gone, she left then came back briefly months later and that was it.

She's still got me waiting on those noodz tho.

I remember one time she got pissy because people called him Shank (It was like she poofed up out of nowhere if you said Shank.) and then a month later after he kicked a game winning field goal for the Saints she had to revive an old thread just to tell everyone they were wrong. LOL

She couldn't handle any criticism and acted like everyone was attacking Shayne personally.
Reply/Quote
(02-22-2017, 01:17 PM)CageTheBengal Wrote: I remember one time she got pissy because people called him Shank (It was like she poofed up out of nowhere if you said Shank.) and then a month later after he kicked a game winning field goal for the Saints she had to revive an old thread just to tell everyone they were wrong. LOL

She couldn't handle any criticism and acted like everyone was attacking Shayne personally.

He rightfully earned the nickname Shank, but I cant fault her for sticking up for her brother. Her first mistake was signing up for the message board in the first place.
Reply/Quote
He was on that 2005 Bengals team. And he was very, very good for quite awhile. Glad to hear he wanted to retire a Bengal. Part of having an identity is stuff like this.

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(02-22-2017, 11:36 AM)WeezyBengal Wrote: I think its pretty damn funny. You usually don't hear about kickers coming back to a team and signing a 1 day contract to retire with that team. 

For years people have been screaming and yelling how the Bengals don't care about their former players and low and behold, the one time someone does come back and retire a Bengal it's a mediocre kicker. 

Its just so....Bengals. 

I have to agree with this.  First he is a kicker, second it's not even like he was a long time Bengal.  In a 15 year career, he only spent six with Cincinnati.  Good for him, but it just strikes me as odd...
Reply/Quote
(02-22-2017, 11:36 AM)WeezyBengal Wrote: I think its pretty damn funny. You usually don't hear about kickers coming back to a team and signing a 1 day contract to retire with that team. 

Its just so....Bengals. 

Other recent kickers to sign 1 day contracts:

John Kasay - Panthers
Jason Elam - Broncos
Steve Christie - Bills
Ryan Longwell - Packers

Graham was not a "mediocre kicker". He's 1st all-time in field goal % in franchise history at 86.8%. Mike Nugent is 2nd place at 81.8%, a full 5 points behind. Shayne is the only Pro Bowl kicker in Bengals history and for a period of time, was the most accurate kicker in NFL history. His Bengals conversion rate of 86.8% would currently still rank 5th all-time in NFL history.

People really should stop revising history just because he went out on a couple misses in a playoff game. Let's give the guy the respect he's due.
The training, nutrition, medicine, fitness, playbooks and rules evolve. The athlete does not.
Reply/Quote
(02-22-2017, 01:51 PM)Shake n Blake Wrote: Other recent kickers to sign 1 day contracts:

John Kasay - Panthers
Jason Elam - Broncos
Steve Christie - Bills
Ryan Longwell - Packers

Graham was not a "mediocre kicker". He's 1st all-time in field goal % in franchise history at 86.8%. Mike Nugent is 2nd place at 81.8%, a full 5 points behind. Shayne is the only Pro Bowl kicker in Bengals history and for a period of time, was the most accurate kicker in NFL history. His Bengals conversion rate of 86.8% would currently still rank 5th all-time in NFL history.

People really should stop revising history just because he went out on a couple misses in a playoff game. Let's give the guy the respect he's due.

ok ok...he was a good kicker. Ill give you that. 
[Image: Screenshot-2022-02-02-154836.png]
The boys are just talkin' ball, babyyyy
Reply/Quote
(02-21-2017, 02:46 PM)WeezyBengal Wrote: You cant make this stuff up:

https://twitter.com/KBarnett15/status/834081321119055872

Hilarious

not sure why its funny..  Its nice to see players wanting to retire as a Bengal.

I'm trying to remember the last one ive seen that happen with.
Reply/Quote