Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 1 Average
Shaziers hit was legal, should have been a TD
(01-17-2016, 06:29 PM)Blake2Pickens Wrote: League confirms.  Steelers should have been up 22 to 0.

Stop crying about it.  Game never should have been close enough to win.

We got dominated

The league is wrong by their own rules. Leading with the helmet outside the tackle box like that is a penalty and Burfict has been penalized for a play with much less impact, which I've linked below. In this link, you will see that the Stephen Hill, Jets' receiver, was well established as runner, more so that Gio was and the hit wasn't nearly as bad as what Gio got.

http://cdn1.sbnation.com/assets/3496249/burfict.gif?_ga=1.104010560.1799217387.1453155850

[Image: 300x-131.jpg?w=250]

Here's the article covering the fine and penalty:

http://www.cincyjungle.com/fines-suspensions/2013/11/1/5056070/bengals-linebacker-vontaze-burfict-fined-21000-by-the-nfl

Now here's the hit on Gio, which was not flagged or fined:

http://www.si.com/nfl/2016/01/09/giovani-bernard-hard-hit-steelers-bengals-video

[Image: capture_20160109_214003.jpg?w=1000&h=600&crop=1]

How is Burfict's hit spearing when Shazier's isn't? Makes no sense. The NFL is talking out of both sides of it's mouth.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Reply/Quote
(01-18-2016, 07:35 PM)BengalChris Wrote: The league is wrong by their own rules. Leading with the helmet outside the tackle box like that is a penalty and Burfict has been penalized for a play with much less impact, which I've linked below. In this link, you will see that the Stephen Hill, Jets' receiver, was well established as runner, more so that Gio was and the hit wasn't nearly as bad as what Gio got.

http://cdn1.sbnation.com/assets/3496249/burfict.gif?_ga=1.104010560.1799217387.1453155850

[Image: 300x-131.jpg?w=250]

Here's the article covering the fine and penalty:

http://www.cincyjungle.com/fines-suspensions/2013/11/1/5056070/bengals-linebacker-vontaze-burfict-fined-21000-by-the-nfl

Now here's the hit on Gio, which was not flagged or fined:

http://www.si.com/nfl/2016/01/09/giovani-bernard-hard-hit-steelers-bengals-video

[Image: capture_20160109_214003.jpg?w=1000&h=600&crop=1]

How is Burfict's hit spearing when Shazier's isn't? Makes no sense. The NFL is talking out of both sides of it's mouth.

Shaizer's hit was "legal" because they screwed up on the TD catch and no flags thrown on DeCastro and Porter and the flag thrown on Williams. If they admit that Shazier's hit was illegal ( as it plainly was under the rule on hitting someone with your helmet outside the box) they are pretty much admitting that the officials were completely incompetent and threw the game to the Steelers.

The NFL better get a handle on this because if it happens again in Cincinnati there will be a riot. They have not seen debris thrown on the field like they will get if anything similar happens at the next Steeler game in Cincinnati.

They need to get the leaders of both teams in the same room and document instructions that pre game smack talk and celebrations of vicious hits will result in disqualification and then the rules need to be applied equally. Flags should include efforts by Steeler coaches to goad Bengal players and Steeler players trying to goad Bengal players with dirty plays like DeCastro tackling Burfict and poking Gillberry in the eye.

Most importantly, the most profitable professional league needs to hire full-time officials who study game films full-time with supervisors to get consistency in rules applications and personal fouls and interference calls need to be subject to review by reply.
Reply/Quote
I agree. But if the NFL has full time NFL refs they will be held accountable. The way it is set up now the outcomes can be manipulated and if they run out of excuses they can always say that the NFL refs blew the call. And every  one will go along with it because they are part time. What can you do.

No accountability to the NFL refs under the present structure. Just the way the NFL wants it.

The NFL refs are blowing calls all over the place and what action of any substance is the NFL doing to correct the problem?

Nothing, They bring on some so called expert who lies through his teeth to sell the NFLs BS.

Thats my opinon.
Reply/Quote
(01-18-2016, 07:17 PM)BayouBengal Wrote: BS explanation of rule. ANGLES?!? ANGLES?!?!? IT WAS A HELMET TO HELMET HIT! What a load of crock they are trying to stuff down our throats. I don't buy it and neither should you!!

here's the relevant parts of the rule:

(g) If a player uses any part of his helmet (including the top/crown and forehead/”hairline” parts) or
facemask to butt, spear, or ram an opponent violently or unnecessarily.

(j) if a player illegally launches into a defenseless opponent. It is an illegal launch if a player (1) leaves
both feet prior to contact to spring forward and upward into his opponent, and (2) uses any part of his
helmet (including the top/crown and forehead/”hairline” parts) to initiate forcible contact against any
part of his opponent’s body.

They said he's not defenseless so (j) doesn't apply. How does (g) not apply? Angles you say? No! That's a BS league cover up! The INTENT of the rule is to avoid so many concussions from helmet to helmet hits. GIO was Knocked OUT by a helmet to helmet spear! How can this rule not apply? It makes no sense. BS BS BS!

Don't be like the OP! Don't let the league lull you to sleep with their BS! 

They ain't lulling me, well said.

"Better send those refunds..."

Reply/Quote
And the NFL continues to just make it up as they go.
“Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I’m not sure about the universe.” ― Albert Einstein

http://www.reverbnation.com/leftyohio  singersongwriterrocknroll

Reply/Quote
(01-17-2016, 06:40 PM)J24 Wrote: How does this guy still have an account?

Its funny cause you should read what the Steeler forum on reddit says bout the Bengals and us fans. I couldn't help creating a profile called "PerfectBurfict" to razz them and was banned by my second post. I think they're still sensitive to the fact Tez will beat them at their own game.

At least we have the mental capacity to play with them, they on the other hands are the classic example of dishing it out but not being able to take it.
Reply/Quote
(01-17-2016, 06:29 PM)Blake2Pickens Wrote: League confirms. I eat sausage.

Facts hurt

Least you're coming clean.
If you see something suspicious, say something suspicious.

Reply/Quote
(01-17-2016, 06:29 PM)Blake2Pickens Wrote: League confirms.  Steelers should have been up 22 to 0.

Stop crying about it.  Game never should have been close enough to win.

We got dominated

How are you not banned yet? 
[Image: Screenshot-2022-02-02-154836.png]
The boys are just talkin' ball, babyyyy
Reply/Quote