Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Shocker: Bengals defense on record setting pace - Marvin not backing Austin
(11-12-2018, 12:14 AM)muskiesfan Wrote: The soft zones, players looking lost, and the lack of tackling are just mind blowing. The fact that we have trouble generating pressure but are also last in the league in blitz percentage is also baffling.

With how bad the defense is, the scheme should be to allow the opposing offense to score quickly so they can get off the field. It's ridiculously bad.

I can't believe after 8 years, Dalton can't get these guys to tackle better and get in the proper alignment. Dumbass Andy. Ninja

"Better send those refunds..."

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(11-12-2018, 12:40 AM)Truck_1_0_1_ Wrote: Oh-ho, I'm salivating! Big Grin

The way we're rotating our Cs too is just so effective AND we're not even using Greg Monroe!

Its going to be a great season Big Grin

The Raptors...couldn't get by LeBron, but had success. A lot of franchises would have stood pat. They changed coaches and made a big trade and got better.

Great example of what change can do!
Reply/Quote
(11-11-2018, 10:06 PM)NATI BENGALS Wrote: Fans defending Dalton after throwing for 153 yards and once again proving he has AJ green to thank for his NFL success is the worse part about it. 

The D sucks... They didnt make Dalton play like it was primetime game. Matt Barkley had a better game and has been on the bills for like a week

Games AJ has missed since 2014:

vs ATL: 252 yards - 1 TD - 0 INT - 116.6 rating - Win
vs CAR: 323 yards - 2 TD - 2 INT - 93.5 rating - Tied
@ IND: 126 yards - 0 TD - 0 INT - 55.4 rating - Loss
vs BAL: 266 yards - 0 TD - 1 INT - 89.3 rating - Win (2 rush TDs)
vs DEN: 146 yards - 2 TD - 1 INT - 93.1 rating - Win (AJ was used only as a decoy)
vs BUF: 207 yards - 1 TD - 2 INT - 57.0 rating - Loss (AJ injured early...only 1 target)
@ BAL: 283 yards - 1 TD - 0 INT - 78.7 rating - Loss
vs PHI: 332 yards - 2 TD - 0 INT - 130.0 rating - Win
@ CLE: 180 yards - 2 TD - 0 INT - 112.2 rating - Win
vs PIT: 157 yards - 0 TD - 1 INT - 60.3 rating - Loss
@ HOU: 268 yards - 1 TD - 1 INT - 84.2 rating - Loss
vs BAL: 226 yards - 1 TD - 0 INT - 101.2 rating - Win
vs NO: 153 yards - 1 TD - 2 INT - 61.0 rating - Loss

Record with AJ: 12-16
Record without AJ: 6-6-1

Rating with AJ: 90.3
Rating without AJ: 84.6

Yards per game with AJ: 247.9
Yards per game without AJ: 224.5

Sure, there's some drop off statistically - as there would be for any QB losing his top guy - but Dalton hasn't exactly melted like people claim.

Dalton is one of the few reasons we're 5-4 right now, fwiw.

(11-11-2018, 10:27 PM)coachmcneil71 Wrote: Haslett is terrible! Ts, Austin is historically bad, so there's that.

Haslett can literally only go up from "worst defense of all-time".
The training, nutrition, medicine, fitness, playbooks and rules evolve. The athlete does not.
Reply/Quote
Man, I've been going over the causes of this team's defensive issues in my head a lot, and maybe it's cheap to just blame the DC.

However, as fans, we'd better hope that Austin is the source of the problem. If our players really suck this bad, then we're looking at a full-scale rebuild on the defensive side. This organization just can't do that in one or two offseasons. That's not how they operate. Couple that with the fact that the right side of the offensive line still sucks (Andy is under pressure an awful lot), and you have a team that is going to wander in darkness well into 2020.

If it ain't Teryl, then we have a trash secondary. We have a trash d-line that gets no pressure when they need it most making a small fortune for the next several seasons. We have a linebacking corps that needs a total rebuild (this one is true regardless).

This team is lost fundamentally and schematically. Better to dump Teryl ASAP and find out how extensive the problem is before they come up with an offseason plan.
Reply/Quote
Austin should have been fired before bye break. Simply awful. The Bengals still need linebackers and new safety player. As bad as the O-line has been at RG and RT, I still see more needs at defense and maybe TE.
[Image: maXCb2f.jpg]
-Paul Brown
“When you win, say nothing. When you lose, say less.”

My album "Dragon"
https://www.humbert-lardinois.com/

Reply/Quote
I so hope this is true..
If you see something suspicious, say something suspicious.

Reply/Quote
(11-12-2018, 01:29 AM)Wyche Wrote: I can't believe after 8 years, Dalton can't get these guys to tackle better and get in the proper alignment. Dumbass Andy. Ninja

But I can believe that after 8 years Dalton still under throws balls that end up getting picked.
Reply/Quote
(11-12-2018, 08:44 AM)zygrot24 Wrote: But I can believe that after 8 years Dalton still under throws balls that end up getting picked.

I'm the biggest critic of dalton, and i truly believe that we need a change like the chiefs made in order to really make a run, but besides yesterday he's had an excellent season. 
Reply/Quote
(11-12-2018, 09:04 AM)CornerBlitz Wrote: I'm the biggest critic of dalton, and i truly believe that we need a change like the chiefs made in order to really make a run, but besides yesterday he's had an excellent season. 

Guessing you missed the KC game...

Reply/Quote
Well, they've got something to shoot for now--"Come on, guys, let's get it together and be the second worst defense ever. We can do it!"
“Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I’m not sure about the universe.” ― Albert Einstein

http://www.reverbnation.com/leftyohio  singersongwriterrocknroll

Reply/Quote
To be fair to Andy it's not exactly easy to get motivated when you know that the defense is going to cough up a minimum of 40+ points per game and you have a crappy offensive line and the only real star on the O is out..
In the immortal words of my old man, "Wait'll you get to be my age!"

Chicago sounds rough to the maker of verse, but the one comfort we have is Cincinnati sounds worse. ~Oliver Wendal Holmes Sr.

Reply/Quote
Sure, lets continue to treat the symptoms and not the disease.
[Image: images?q=tbn:ANd9GcS2LMwnxebk2zwcBWk4W7X...I8vWk4x3_g]
Reply/Quote
(11-12-2018, 09:04 AM)CornerBlitz Wrote: I'm the biggest critic of dalton, and i truly believe that we need a change like the chiefs made in order to really make a run, but besides yesterday he's had an excellent season. 

This.  All QBs have a bad day.  Having Boyd tripled as your #1 didn't do him any favors either.  He had a bad day, no question.  The defense has had consecutive bad YEARS.

Reply/Quote
(11-12-2018, 09:48 AM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: Guessing you missed the KC game...

Guess you missed the 4 game winning drives out of 5 wins, or the #8 ranking by Pro Football Focus.  Cool
The training, nutrition, medicine, fitness, playbooks and rules evolve. The athlete does not.
Reply/Quote

Thinking the same. 
Fredtoast + Ignore = Forum bliss

Reply/Quote
(11-12-2018, 03:42 PM)Shake n Blake Wrote: Guess you missed the 4 game winning drives out of 5 wins, or the #8 ranking by Pro Football Focus.  Cool

C’mon Shake, I never said he hasn’t been good in most of our games this year. I pointed out yesterday was not his only bad game. There’s been 2. I don’t think that’s unfair.

Reply/Quote
(11-12-2018, 08:44 AM)zygrot24 Wrote: But I can believe that after 8 years Dalton still under throws balls that end up getting picked.

Yeah.  We should sign that NFL QB who does not throw any interceptions.

What's his name again?
Reply/Quote
(11-12-2018, 03:49 PM)fredtoast Wrote: Yeah.  We should sign that NFL QB who does not throw any interceptions.

What's his name again?

We played a guy yesterday who only has one. He’s ridiculous. Especially at his age.

Reply/Quote
(11-12-2018, 03:48 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: C’mon Shake, I never said he hasn’t been good in most of our games this year. I pointed out yesterday was not his only bad game. There’s been 2. I don’t think that’s unfair.

I was just bustin your chops bro.  Smirk

Yes, Dalton was pretty abysmal in both of those games. 
Reply/Quote
(11-12-2018, 03:53 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: We played a guy yesterday who only has one. He’s ridiculous. Especially at his age.

No shit.  Can we go back in time somehow, and get him before the Saints did? Smirk

I'm amazed that he has never won a MVP.  I know he doesn't have the rings, and it's all Brady this, and Brady that, but Brees is amazing.

Reply/Quote