Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Shooter's 65 yard field goal
Paul Dehner said the coaches measured the kick. It was 7 yards above the crossbar when it crossed it. I can't wait to see him attempt one like that in a game. It is nice to know we have him on the bench at a why not try it moment at the half or end of the game.

Evan, in a couple of years, will be another one of those guys we will have to overpay to keep. Now, I do get overpaying for a kicker is a relative term. But, he will be a sought-after free agent if it gets that far which will drive his price up. He should end up as the #1 or #2 paid kicker on his next contract depending on what happens with Justin Tucker whose contract is up after the 2023 season.

Fueled by the pursuit of greatness.

Reply/Quote
(08-03-2022, 06:06 PM)pally Wrote: Paul Dehner said the coaches measured the kick.  It was 7 yards above the crossbar when it crossed it. I can't wait to see him attempt one like that in a game.  It is nice to know we have him on the bench at a why not try it moment at the half or end of the game.

Evan, in a couple of years, will be another one of those guys we will have to overpay to keep.  Now, I do get overpaying for a kicker is a relative term.  But, he will be a sought-after free agent if it gets that far which will drive his price up.  He should end up as the #1 or #2 paid kicker on his next contract depending on what happens with Justin Tucker whose contract is up after the 2023 season.

He'll prove that he's completely worth it when he kicks a few long field goals at the end of halves or to win games!

I LOVE that he's part of this organization!

Let's hope the salary cap goes up enough that we can sign him without an issue!
Reply/Quote
(08-03-2022, 06:11 PM)BFritz21 Wrote: He'll prove that he's completely worth it when he kicks a few long field goals at the end of halves or to win games!

I LOVE that he's part of this organization!

Let's hope the salary cap goes up enough that we can sign him without an issue!

Hopefully he wants to stay and be part of the team, even if not paid the highest paid. Isn't Tucker around $5 million?
Like a teenage girl driving a Ferrari. 
Reply/Quote
(08-03-2022, 07:58 PM)Destro Wrote: Hopefully he wants to stay and be part of the team, even if not paid the highest paid. Isn't Tucker around $5 million?

His cap hit this year is $5.9 million.
Reply/Quote
(08-03-2022, 06:06 PM)pally Wrote: Paul Dehner said the coaches measured the kick.  It was 7 yards above the crossbar when it crossed it. I can't wait to see him attempt one like that in a game.  It is nice to know we have him on the bench at a why not try it moment at the half or end of the game.

Evan, in a couple of years, will be another one of those guys we will have to overpay to keep.  Now, I do get overpaying for a kicker is a relative term.  But, he will be a sought-after free agent if it gets that far which will drive his price up.  He should end up as the #1 or #2 paid kicker on his next contract depending on what happens with Justin Tucker whose contract is up after the 2023 season.

That is insane leg, and quite a weapon.  However, one needs to understand that if you MISS a kick from your own 45 yard line then your opponent would have really good field position.  It becomes a debate of pin the other team deep or take the chance for the FG.  I could see them doing it on the final play of the first half, though, and it would be incredibly fun.  

As far as paying Evan goes, there is no doubt he will have a heck of a nice second contract.  
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(08-04-2022, 08:25 AM)SHRacerX Wrote: That is insane leg, and quite a weapon.  However, one needs to understand that if you MISS a kick from your own 45 yard line then your opponent would have really good field position.  It becomes a debate of pin the other team deep or take the chance for the FG.  I could see them doing it on the final play of the first half, though, and it would be incredibly fun.  

As far as paying Evan goes, there is no doubt he will have a heck of a nice second contract.  

Oh yeah, you don’t try a 65 yarder unless it’s the last play of the half or game

Reply/Quote
(08-04-2022, 08:25 AM)SHRacerX Wrote: That is insane leg, and quite a weapon.  However, one needs to understand that if you MISS a kick from your own 45 yard line then your opponent would have really good field position.  It becomes a debate of pin the other team deep or take the chance for the FG.  I could see them doing it on the final play of the first half, though, and it would be incredibly fun.  

Not unless its an the end of the half or game. 

That's where this becomes VERY valuable IMO. All this offense needs is a minute at most to get into field goal range starting from anywhere on the field. 
[Image: Screenshot-2022-02-02-154836.png]
The boys are just talkin' ball, babyyyy
Reply/Quote
(08-04-2022, 08:51 AM)pally Wrote: Oh yeah, you don’t try a 65 yarder unless it’s the last play of the half or game

Like the FREE kick the 49ers tried things like that will be possible to try
Reply/Quote
I couldn't tell you how many FG attempts over the last well decade plus I've been cringing anytime it's over 40.

It's nice to not have that feeling much anymore.
Reply/Quote
'member when folks were criticizing the team for drafting this guy in the fifth? Pepperidge Farms remembers....

"Better send those refunds..."

Reply/Quote

All true, pay the man just the same. 

Evan could be the next Justin Tucker and is actually my bet to be just that of the young Kickers in the NFL now.

These types of Kickers are extremely rare and win you games. Clutch, that is what we need more than anything.

We almost had it in the SuperBowl if blocking held up for Burrow. 

These guys are clutch, same with Chase, Tee, Boyd and even Mixon late last season and postseason.
Reply/Quote

Reply/Quote
Remember for the past 1-2 decades where we were nervous about the K making a 50+ yarder?
It's nice to have a K we don't have to be super nervous every time they take a 50+ yard attempt.
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote
(08-09-2022, 12:22 PM)ochocincos Wrote: Remember for the past 1-2 decades where we were nervous about the K making a 50+ yarder?
It's nice to have a K we don't have to be super nervous every time they take a 50+ yard attempt.

There's been many seasons I was nervous with anything over 40 !
Reply/Quote
(08-04-2022, 11:37 AM)Wyche Wrote: 'member when folks were criticizing the team for drafting this guy in the fifth? Pepperidge Farms remembers....

Pepperidge Farms needs to shut the hell up. Mad
[Image: giphy.gif]
Reply/Quote
Paying a kicker a lot isn't paying all that much compared to any other position.
“History teaches that grave threats to liberty often come in times of urgency, when constitutional rights seem too extravagant to endure.”-Thurgood Marshall

Reply/Quote
Kid is going to win us a lot of games. He will get paid well with that ability.
Reply/Quote
Shooter is worthy of a Bengals Board smiley like this one:

Joe
Reply/Quote

Very true, yet many kicks do happen as you stated on last play of games or final play before half. 

Basically in good weather or domed stadium all Bengals have to do is cross the 50 to give Evan a chance at crunch time. 

That's a luxury for sure. 

The water tastes funny when you're far from your home,
yet it's only the thirsty that hunger to roam. 
          Roam the Jungle !
Reply/Quote
(08-09-2022, 04:38 PM)michaelsean Wrote: Paying a kicker a lot isn't paying  all that much compared to any other position.

^ This.

Kickers are rarely if ever cap casualties. With Burrow vaulting from $10 to 50 million, the kicker's salary is a drop in the bucket no matter where it ultimately lands. They'll keep him for as long as they want him.

Just as importantly, Justin Tucker is next level. He's a lock for the HOF, arguably the GOAT. His consistency over time is second to none. Mac won't get there for years. But he will get there imo.

Reply/Quote