Poll: Should the Bengals build a new covered stadium?
This poll is closed.
Yes, much more comfortable
36.17%
17 36.17%
No, we're not wimps
63.83%
30 63.83%
Total 47 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Shoukd Bengals Build New Covered Stadium?
(05-07-2017, 01:54 AM)J24 Wrote: Plus you can get Final Fours and WM as well which make the same type of money as the Superbowl.

But, will the taxpayers pay for it. Mike Brown won't, especially not after he fleeced the County the first time. He might be a terrible football GM, but he's an excellent negotiator.
Through 2023

Mike Brown’s Owner/GM record: 32 years  223-303-4  .419 winning pct.
Playoff Record:  5-9, .357 winning pct.  
Zac Taylor coaching record, reg. season:  37-44-1. .455 winning pct.
Playoff Record: 5-2, .714 winning pct.
Reply/Quote
(05-07-2017, 02:31 AM)t3r3e3 Wrote: But, will the taxpayers pay for it.  Mike Brown won't, especially not after he fleeced the County the first time.  He might be a terrible football GM, but he's an excellent negotiator.

Hopefully Mike Brown will allow someone else to run the team by then and that someone is a revolutionary mind like Paul brown and understands that you can build a stadium without taxpayer money. I know good luck with that but a dude can dream.
https://twitter.com/JAKEAKAJ24
J24

Jessie Bates left the Bengals and that makes me sad!
Reply/Quote
(05-04-2017, 11:14 PM)guyofthetiger Wrote: I know PBS is not very old. However, I think an indoor stadium would be much better in wet or cold weather. The Vikings built an awesome stadium. Is it time for Cincinnati to get with the times and build our own covered stadium? I've heard some rumblings about it recently. Or do you prefer the fan experience to be in the elements along with the team?

Not sure how long you have rooted for the bengals, but when the city was doing stadium proposals for PBS, Mike Brown wanted open air so the team could play on real grass. Ironically, the team only played on real grass for a season, because, predictably, the turf ended up being impossible to maintain in the wet and cold. 

So, Mikey had his shot for a dome and kicked it the curb. PBS is still a fine venue.
Reply/Quote
Maybe if we win a playoff or SB,then the fans MIGHT support a Retractable roof! To the victor goes the spoils! Tiger
Reply/Quote
I voted no. Outdoor elements are part of the game.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
They won't even build a $100,000 steel building for practice
Reply/Quote
(05-04-2017, 11:54 PM)Synric Wrote: No more snow games....no more pouring rain and "mud"....doesn't sound like football to me.

Exactly!   I love sitting out there in the snow and rain. Makes it feel like you are part of it somehow.  

I have always hoped that they would let the team with the best record host the Super Bowl. It would keep people from resting their players at the end of the year and it would let the real fans celebrate the Super Bowl with their team. I know the NFL would never go for that because they want the stars to come out, but I have never been a fan of the celebrity side of Football.
Reply/Quote
Good ol' stadiums. The only thing that can cost a billion bucks and be a "piece of crap" in a decade or so. The fact that we live in a world where a Dodge Neon has a longer lifespan than a stadium amuses me to no end.
Reply/Quote
(05-04-2017, 11:14 PM)guyofthetiger Wrote: I know PBS is not very old. However, I think an indoor stadium would be much better in wet or cold weather. The Vikings built an awesome stadium. Is it time for Cincinnati to get with the times and build our own covered stadium? I've heard some rumblings about it recently. Or do you prefer the fan experience to be in the elements along with the team?

The year will come Brown Family and NFL will demand a new stadium or franchise moves to St Louis or San Diego or Oakland or some other area, just like in 1990's with a stadium only opened in 1970.   If and when this happens, and if a new stadium is built, the city must demand a few things.  The Brown Family likes an open stadium but it is not good for the city.  Look at Milwaukee and their roof that opens and closes. This would allow Cincy to have indoor events in sports, concerts, many things local and world wide to use stadium all year round.  Plus Bengals too cheap to spring for their own indoor practice facility, so it would solve that problem.   There should be attached year round restaurants and a Bengals Hall Of Fame open all year long. A Multi-Plex facility so the city has other uses and ways to get some money back. Maybe also for growing sport soccer and perhaps even hockey or NBA.  Keep mind open about how to use it more than just 10 Bengals games.  .....Now Brown Family will be jerks and want it open and all to themselves. Maybe even wanting to relocate to a bigger market. 

If and when Cincy has to build a new stadium or lose NFL forever, I think city should demand naming rights on stadium.  Instead of Paul Brown Stadium, City could sell advertising rights and help get taxpayers back some money.  That is indeed where that money should go, not for players but back to the taxpayers to help pay for it.  Local school things should be able to use stadium now and then. Pay the taxpayers back a little.  I could care less the name of the stadium, and if GE puts up money to call it GE Stadium and it goes back to taxpayers, good. 

Yes, when Bengals and NFL blackmail city again and hold the relocation gun to taxpayers heads, the city should DEMAND it be a stadium like Milwaukee or Houston with open and closing roof in a few minutes time.  Something that can be used for more than 8 regular season NFL games. 357 days of non season games is not logical for the city. If The Brown Family balks at that, let them leave.  Indy and Cincy are the closest NFL cities.  I would just become a Colts Fan. Don't let The Brown Family call all the shots on next stadium, unless they want to pay for the whole thing. 
1968 Bengal Fan
Reply/Quote
(05-07-2017, 02:48 PM)kevin Wrote: The year will come Brown Family and NFL will demand a new stadium or franchise moves to St Louis or San Diego or Oakland or some other area, just like in 1990's with a stadium only opened in 1970.   If and when this happens, and if a new stadium is built, the city must demand a few things.  The Brown Family likes an open stadium but it is not good for the city.  Look at Milwaukee and their roof that opens and closes. This would allow Cincy to have indoor events in sports, concerts, many things local and world wide to use stadium all year round.  Plus Bengals too cheap to spring for their own indoor practice facility, so it would solve that problem.   There should be attached year round restaurants and a Bengals Hall Of Fame open all year long. A Multi-Plex facility so the city has other uses and ways to get some money back. Maybe also for growing sport soccer and perhaps even hockey or NBA.  Keep mind open about how to use it more than just 10 Bengals games.  .....Now Brown Family will be jerks and want it open and all to themselves. Maybe even wanting to relocate to a bigger market. 

If and when Cincy has to build a new stadium or lose NFL forever, I think city should demand naming rights on stadium.  Instead of Paul Brown Stadium, City could sell advertising rights and help get taxpayers back some money.  That is indeed where that money should go, not for players but back to the taxpayers to help pay for it.  Local school things should be able to use stadium now and then. Pay the taxpayers back a little.  I could care less the name of the stadium, and if GE puts up money to call it GE Stadium and it goes back to taxpayers, good. 

Yes, when Bengals and NFL blackmail city again and hold the relocation gun to taxpayers heads, the city should DEMAND it be a stadium like Milwaukee or Houston with open and closing roof in a few minutes time.  Something that can be used for more than 8 regular season NFL games. 357 days of non season games is not logical for the city. If The Brown Family balks at that, let them leave.  Indy and Cincy are the closest NFL cities.  I would just become a Colts Fan. Don't let The Brown Family call all the shots on next stadium, unless they want to pay for the whole thing. 

The Atlanta Braves built a new stadium only when the old one was 23 years old. The Bengals should consider a new stadium when the lease expires in 2026. That's why I'm saying replace US Bank arena with a stadium for soccer and football indoors.
Who Dey!  Tiger
Reply/Quote
And call it the Kroger Dome. lol
Who Dey!  Tiger
Reply/Quote
You know..I don't know if I could root for the Columbia SC Bengals or not..I live near Columbia, but I don't feel any kind of connection with it. (not that Columbia would ever get an NFL franchise..it won't without unprecedented growth which ain't happening) Suppose they move to..oh..let's just pick a random city... Billings Montana.. I might still root for them, but then again I might not.. I've never actually lived in Cincinnati for that matter. I'm from Dayton..Maybe hell will freeze over and Dayton will grow again and become an NFL town.. I dunno..I really don't like Dayton anymore..They had me locked up in jail because my dog ran away..I'm not rooting for the Dayton Bengals.. Screw em..  
In the immortal words of my old man, "Wait'll you get to be my age!"

Chicago sounds rough to the maker of verse, but the one comfort we have is Cincinnati sounds worse. ~Oliver Wendal Holmes Sr.

Reply/Quote
I voted yes.

If the city isn't willing to help the local NFL flavor out a little by adding a retractable roof or a new stadium, then maybe the local NFL flavor should find a new city to help it out. 

St. Louis isn't that far away from me.  If the Bengals do ever decide to leave the Queen City, I sure hope St. Louis can offer their stadium up to the Bengals.  I might be able to actually attend a game or two then.

The St. Louis Bengals?   Hmm, maybe its an acquired taste?  And they better leave the helmets alone! 
[Image: Zu8AdZv.png?1]
Deceitful, two-faced she-woman. Never trust a female, Delmar, remember that one simple precept and your time with me will not have been ill spent.

Reply/Quote
(05-07-2017, 02:13 PM)Ricky Spanish Wrote: They won't even build a $100,000 steel building for practice

where exactly to you expect them to put it?
Reply/Quote