Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Should Bengals have drafted Steven Jackson?
(03-07-2019, 01:54 AM)Bengal Dude Wrote: Klingler could be thrown into the pool of unknown talents. His OL got him killed so many times that his mentality changed. David Carr is another example of someone like this. 

However, something I always come back to is that Mike Brown talked to Paul about Klingler shortly before Paul passed away. Paul told Mike to stay away from Klingler. There was something about him that Paul didn't like.

That's an interesting tidbit. Maybe it was the spread offense he was in at Houston?

Ki-Jana Carter is another 'What if' story. Dude was outstanding at Penn State. Maybe the best college back I've ever seen.

Interesting how in the early 90's we seemed to trade up and be aggressive in the draft. At some point, that aggressive backed off. Probably after being burned by several picks.
Reply/Quote
(03-07-2019, 10:30 AM)THE PISTONS Wrote: That's an interesting tidbit. Maybe it was the spread offense he was in at Houston?

Ki-Jana Carter is another 'What if' story. Dude was outstanding at Penn State. Maybe the best college back I've ever seen.

Interesting how in the early 90's we seemed to trade up and be aggressive in the draft. At some point, that aggressive backed off. Probably after being burned by several picks.

It was actually the Run and Shoot, which made the spread look like three yards and a cloud of dust.

It should not be forgotten that the year we took Big Daddy first, we could've had Marshall Faulk and the year we took Kijana, we could have had Tony Boselli, who was a perennial all pro.   How different might things have been in the alternate scenario?
“Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I’m not sure about the universe.” ― Albert Einstein

http://www.reverbnation.com/leftyohio  singersongwriterrocknroll

Reply/Quote
(03-07-2019, 11:11 AM)McC Wrote: It was actually the Run and Shoot, which made the spread look like three yards and a cloud of dust.

It should not be forgotten that the year we took Big Daddy first, we could've had Marshall Faulk and the year we took Kijana, we could have had Tony Boselli, who was a perennial all pro.   How different might things have been in the alternate scenario?

Yep.

Wilkinson and Carter seemed like no brainers at the time.

Although, I was pretty young then. The me now wouldn't want a RB #1 and would probably want the Tackle. RB careers are just so short. You get a good Tackle and you're good for 10-12 years. Although, Boselli didn't have an extraordinarily long career if I remember correctly.
Reply/Quote
(03-07-2019, 11:19 AM)THE PISTONS Wrote: Yep.

Wilkinson and Carter seemed like no brainers at the time.

Although, I was pretty young then. The me now wouldn't want a RB #1 and would probably want the Tackle. RB careers are just so short. You get a good Tackle and you're good for 10-12 years. Although, Boselli didn't have an extraordinarily long career if I remember correctly.

Eight years.  It wasn't extraordinarily long but it was extraordinarily good.  And Marshall Faulk?  His career speaks for itself.

David Klingler once threw 11 TD passes in a game at Houston. Not sure if he threw that many in his whole Bengal career.
“Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I’m not sure about the universe.” ― Albert Einstein

http://www.reverbnation.com/leftyohio  singersongwriterrocknroll

Reply/Quote
I've been working on a Scott Kooistra thread that will rival this one. It's the riveting tale of underappreciated 7th round lineman.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(03-07-2019, 11:04 PM)bonesaw Wrote: I've been working on a Scott Kooistra thread that will rival this one.  It's the riveting tale of underappreciated 7th round lineman.

Kooistra was the izzle fo rizzle.
Reply/Quote
(03-05-2019, 03:17 PM)McC Wrote: Is the Quantam Leap week or what?  What was that other one--Jerome Simpson/Desean Jackson?

idk I don't think I can trade simpsons frying pan hands and flip into the endzone.
Reply/Quote
(03-07-2019, 11:04 PM)bonesaw Wrote: I've been working on a Scott Kooistra thread that will rival this one.  It's the riveting tale of underappreciated 7th round lineman.

what about all them 7th round WRs lol
Reply/Quote
(03-08-2019, 06:49 PM)XenoMorph Wrote: what about all them 7th round WRs lol

Like Houshmandzadeh?
Reply/Quote