Poll: Should Eifert play in the Preseason?
This poll is closed.
Yes, he needs live action.
60.38%
32 60.38%
No. Save him from meaningless hits.
39.62%
21 39.62%
Total 53 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Should Eifert play in the preseason?
He does need reps against players. If he is going to get injured again, it doesn't matter what he is doing, it will just happen (Pro Bowl). I would give him some reps a game, let him take GAME HITS and get back to GAME SPEED.

[Image: tumblr_nmz43uky8c1rtim7ko1_500.gif]

Feel free to support my Film/TV Review YouTube Channel  - Youtube.Com/NaterTot
Reply/Quote
Does anyone know if other players have had the same surgery on their back and how they fared on the field after? I believe Gresham and Gronk has had back surgery but was it the same procedure?
Reply/Quote
(03-23-2018, 09:29 PM)SunsetBengal Wrote: Hell yes, he needs to knock the rust off, get his body tuned in to football again.

I'm not saying extensive action, but he needs to get some meaningful reps in each game.
He's just as likely to get hurt in OTA or practice so it doesn't make much difference..
Reply/Quote
Five step plan to utilize Eifert:

1. Find an old, unused telephone booth.
2. Put it at the end of the bench with a stool inside.
3. Paint "Break in case of game-winning drive emergency" on the glass.
4. Put Eifert inside the booth.
5. Only break in case of game-winning drive emergency
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
Eifert is the Bengals version of the Reds pitcher Disco ...alot of potential but just cant stay healthy .
But the question is how can one stay healthy as they cant control injuries?
Reply/Quote
Hell yes he needs some live practice plus if he gets hurt it woulda happened anyways
Who Dey!!!

Reply/Quote
(03-24-2018, 12:41 AM)TheLeonardLeap Wrote: He needs to play in any games Dalton plays in. Presumably a new offense with Lazor washing away the last of the Zampese stains means the QB and TE need to get on the same page.

An Eifert on the bench does you the same good as an Eifert on the trainer's table does.

If he explodes on his first hit in preseason, at least you will still have enough time to find a semi-viable replacent, which can't be said for when the regular season already starts.

I agree, anytime Green and Dalton are on field in pre-season, Eifert should be there also.
Free Agency ain't over until it is over. 

First 6 years BB - 41 wins and 54 losses with 1-1 playoff record with 2 teams Browns and Pats
Reply/Quote
If Eifert can make iit through the OTA's and training camp, he should absolutely play in the preseason games. I think there's a very slim chance he makes it through the season. It took Montana 2 years before he came back and he wasn't really the same either. I think it's unrealistic to expect even Kroft-like numbers from Eifert and personally I believe they over-paid for him.
"Our offensive line is going to surprise a lot of people" - Mike Brown (7-26-21)
Reply/Quote
(03-25-2018, 03:56 PM)2MinutesHate Wrote: If Eifert can make iit through the OTA's and training camp, he should absolutely play in the preseason games.  I think there's a very slim chance he makes it through the season.   It took Montana 2 years before he came back and he wasn't really the same either.   I think it's unrealistic to expect even Kroft-like numbers from Eifert and personally I believe they over-paid for him.

He has played in less than half the games he has been eligible for. Sad thing is, he still has a lot of production in those games. Clearly, that's what the Bengals paid for. 

I tend to agree. I seriously doubt he makes the full 16. I think 12 at best 

[Image: tumblr_nmz43uky8c1rtim7ko1_500.gif]

Feel free to support my Film/TV Review YouTube Channel  - Youtube.Com/NaterTot
Reply/Quote
(03-23-2018, 09:29 PM)SunsetBengal Wrote: Hell yes, he needs to knock the rust off, get his body tuned in to football again.

I'm not saying extensive action, but he needs to get some meaningful reps in each game.

Yes sir. Just can't coddle the guy. He would say so himself.
Reply/Quote
......Ross should get a chance to do some punt and kickoff returns in the preseason.
I have the Heart of a Lion! I also have a massive fine and a lifetime ban from the Pittsburgh Zoo...

Reply/Quote
He will play every quarter of his career with us in 2018. Specially pre-season. Kroft has proven to be reliable.

MARVIN, IF YOU ARE READING THIS DO THIS:

Create plays and overkill practice plays with Eifert in the RED ZONE (20 yds) and play him there EXCLUSIVELY.

Use KROFT exclusively for midfield from the 20 yrd line to the opposite 20 yrd line.

Marvin, if you do this, we will be the high scoring BENGALS team we like us to be AND minimize injuries to EIFERT.

It's knowing how to use the players that makes the difference Marvin.

Tiger Tiger
Reply/Quote
(03-26-2018, 12:48 AM)Bengalitis Wrote: He will play every quarter of his career with us in 2018. Specially pre-season. Kroft has proven to be reliable.

Create plays and overkill practice plays with Eifert in the RED ZONE (20 yds) and play him there EXCLUSIVELY.

Use KROFT exclusively for midfield from the 20 yrd line to the opposite 20 yrd line.

Marvin, if you do this, we will be the high scoring BENGALS team we like us to be AND minimize injuries to EIFERT.

Tiger  Tiger

Was just about to say this. More jokingly then serious but given his injury history I wouldn't be surprised if they have discussed using him mostly exclusively in the redzone. 
Reply/Quote
If Ken Zampese was still the OC, I'd say no way.

Problem is - it's a new offense. New plays. New calls. New language. Now, starters only play one series in games 1-2 anyway so we're not talking about a lot of plays anyway -- and I'd really limit his work, as much as you can -- but you are signing him in the expectation he is a healthy player and not more likely to be hurt than anyone else playing the game. But you do want him in there to get that game rhythm. Think about it: The last time he played, he stepped out of the end zone against Houston and nullified what could have been the game-winning touchdown. Even Tyler Eifert needs game reps to shake the rust off.
Beat writer for Cincinnati.com & The Enquirer. Follow along on Twitter, Facebook, Instagram and Periscope.
Reply/Quote
(03-26-2018, 12:05 PM)jowczarski Wrote: If Ken Zampese was still the OC, I'd say no way.

Problem is - it's a new offense. New plays. New calls. New language. Now, starters only play one series in games 1-2 anyway so we're not talking about a lot of plays anyway -- and I'd really limit his work, as much as you can -- but you are signing him in the expectation he is a healthy player and not more likely to be hurt than anyone else playing the game. But you do want him in there to get that game rhythm. Think about it: The last time he played, he stepped out of the end zone against Houston and nullified what could have been the game-winning touchdown. Even Tyler Eifert needs game reps to shake the rust off.

I agree with all of this.  Get him in there when the first team is on the field.  I was going to note the same thing you did.....new OC.  He needs to get some live game reps with the new philosophies in place.  Get him ready for his 4 week season. Mellow

"Better send those refunds..."

Reply/Quote
(03-26-2018, 12:48 AM)Bengalitis Wrote: He will play every quarter of his career with us in 2018. Specially pre-season. Kroft has proven to be reliable.

Tiger  Tiger

Ideal plan in my opinion.

Quote:"Success doesn’t mean every single move they make is good" ~ Anonymous 
"Let not the dumb have to educate" ~ jj22
Reply/Quote
(03-25-2018, 09:16 PM)Synric Wrote: ......Ross should get a chance to do some punt and kickoff returns in the preseason.

I don't know. Maybe Ross should focus strictly on wide receiver. Him on returns is a luxury if we can get Brandon going.

Quote:"Success doesn’t mean every single move they make is good" ~ Anonymous 
"Let not the dumb have to educate" ~ jj22
Reply/Quote
(03-26-2018, 01:27 PM)jj22 Wrote: I don't know. Maybe Ross should focus strictly on wide receiver. Him on returns is a luxury if we can get Brandon going.

Plus if Ross rumbles a PR Marvin will probably bench him and then demand we trade him for a 10th round pick.
Reply/Quote
(03-26-2018, 12:05 PM)jowczarski Wrote: Think about it: The last time he played, he stepped out of the end zone against Houston and nullified what could have been the game-winning touchdown.

I tried to not think about it, and had finally managed to forget that was a thing that happened until you mentioned it.

Thanks a lot, Jim.    Sarcasm

[Image: jamarr-chase.gif]
Reply/Quote
I would like the poll to say "should Eifert play in the regular season" but it's too late the contract was signed, xD
[Image: 43325991030_4d39723a8f.jpg]
Reply/Quote