No
1.45%
1 1.45%
Total 69 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Should Marvin Lewis be fired?
Simple question. We all know his record. We all know how the team is playing and has played over the past 3 years and for the 16 years he's been here.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Reply/Quote
I'm thinking contract extension. Mike probably is too.
“We're 2-7!  What the **** difference does it make?!” - Bruce Coslet
Reply/Quote
(11-25-2018, 09:49 PM)Awful Llama Wrote: I'm thinking contract extension.  Mike probably is too.

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!

Reply/Quote
What good is firing him now? Do you think it will save the season?

All firing him will do is probably ensure Hue is the HC next year.
Reply/Quote
At least give him a real chance. Firing him after only 16 seasons would feel like a knee jerk reaction to me.

Reply/Quote
Yes.

Only Fred will say no
Reply/Quote
Yes but with conditions. The entire coaching staff goes and the new coach gets to pick his own. If there are some he’d like to retain that’s fine but it’s his decision.

Mike Brown and family relinquish control of the football side of the business.

These won’t happen so while I vote yes, nothing will change but the name on the door.
“History teaches that grave threats to liberty often come in times of urgency, when constitutional rights seem too extravagant to endure.”-Thurgood Marshall

Reply/Quote
It's just a shitty situation all around. Everyone knows Marvin will not be fired. Mike won't fire his future GM. Giving the amount of control Marvin has has, like it or not he will be the first GM of the Bengals not named Brown. I'm just not sure who will be HC & OC. I assume Hue plays a role notvsyre which. Maybe even Simmons. I with this whole damn team would start over from scratch including players. No player should be safe from being traded/Cut.
Reply/Quote
Depends. Which happens to be the same brand as Mike browns diapers. 2 of our last 3 games are vs the raiders and browns. If we win those games on the same days mikes depends dont get soggy. Marv is coming back. Shit happens
Reply/Quote
Marvin should have been fired ten years ago.
Reply/Quote
Are you kidding. They sucked all last year but the last two games of the year they beat two playoff teams and kicked them out of the playoffs. So I guess technically not play off teams then. But Brown saw it that way. So last game this year Steelers will be sitting out their starters and it will be a close game. So he will see it a keeping up with a playoff team (I did not say. Win. It is the Steelers). So I see another extension in the future for Marvin
Reply/Quote
ML should have been fired after 08. ML should never ever have made it past 10. In no world but Mike's does Marvin have a job after the debacle against Pittsburgh !

Yes, without question
Reply/Quote
(11-25-2018, 09:56 PM)Pat5775 Wrote: Yes.

Only Fred will say no

Lol.  First he will agree.
Next, he will question the move by suggesting  there are only a few limited candidates.
Finally, he will completely disagree and conjour up some stats that only a true magician could show marvin lewis in a positive light.
"Our offensive line is going to surprise a lot of people" - Mike Brown (7-26-21)
Reply/Quote
(11-25-2018, 10:17 PM)chopperbobby Wrote: Are you kidding. They sucked all last year but the last two games of the year they beat two playoff teams and kicked them out of the playoffs.  So I guess technically not play off teams then. But Brown saw it that way.   So last game this year Steelers will be sitting out their starters and it will be a close game.  So he will see it a keeping up with a playoff team (I did not say. Win. It is the Steelers).  So I see another extension  in the future for Marvin

Brown likes that Marvin goes with the flow. If a strong willed coach came in, they'd clash.

Coughlin supposedly didn't know if he could win here the way the organization was setup...ie no GM.

A legit coach is going to want a GM.
Reply/Quote
(11-25-2018, 10:29 PM)THE PISTONS Wrote: Brown likes that Marvin goes with the flow. If a strong willed coach came in, they'd clash.

Coughlin supposedly didn't know if he could win here the way the organization was setup...ie no GM.

Do you have a source for this? Cause I’ve always heard WE chose Marvin over Coughlin.

Reply/Quote
(11-25-2018, 10:29 PM)THE PISTONS Wrote: Brown likes that Marvin goes with the flow. If a strong willed coach came in, they'd clash.

Which is why good ole Marve will be Hue's GM. See we are screwed either way. Mike Brown sells the team or we hand in our fan cards and move on. That's it, as long as Brown owns this team we are doomed to mediocrity.
Reply/Quote
He should not be the head coach this season but I do think there is a spot in the front office somewhere for him. I trust him more than Mike.
https://twitter.com/JAKEAKAJ24
J24

Jessie Bates left the Bengals and that makes me sad!
Reply/Quote
(11-25-2018, 09:47 PM)BengalChris Wrote: Simple question. We all know his record. We all know how the team is playing and has played over the past 3 years and for the 16 years he's been here.

Nothing personal but that's not even a debatable question. He should have any of several times. No NFL team has ever kept a HC the way the Bengals have kept Lewis.

"The measure of a man's intelligence can be seen in the length of his argument."
Reply/Quote
(11-25-2018, 09:47 PM)BengalChris Wrote: Simple question. We all know his record. We all know how the team is playing and has played over the past 3 years and for the 16 years he's been here.

He should get canned tomorrow, which won't happen, but this team looked pathetic today.  Totally undisciplined, poor overall effort,, and guys looking lost.  Best case scenario, MB lets him retire at season's end to save face.  
Reply/Quote
(11-25-2018, 09:54 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: At least give him a real chance. Firing him after only 16 seasons would feel like a knee jerk reaction to me.

A fourth reboot is definitely in order. You know the old saying...4th time, or 5th or 6th even, is a charm. 

"The measure of a man's intelligence can be seen in the length of his argument."
Reply/Quote