Total 69 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Should Marvin Lewis be fired?
[Image: 05x33R.png]
Reply/Quote
(11-26-2018, 01:36 AM)GodFather Wrote: [Image: 05x33R.png]

You should make one of these where Mike disowned Katie and left the team to Marvin.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Reply/Quote
With 5 games left we might as well finish off the year.

But I was all for promoting Mike Zimmer.

It's not that Marvin is absolutely terrible, because I remember what we were in the 90's.

But there have been times when I thought we were reliving them this year, like the first half of today's game.

He got us to the over the hump, but he has never took us to the promise land.

Art Modell once told Paul Brown that "everybody is useful, but nobody is neccessary."

If Paul Brown wasn't beyond reproach and he basically build the NFL and Browns then neither should Marvin Lewis.
[Image: i-8rLM4gw-M.jpg]
Reply/Quote
Times other franchises would've considered firing Marv:

2006: Lost 3 straight at the end to lose a playoff spot and finish 8-8
2007: 2-6 start, finished 7-9. Take your pick where to fire him
2008: 4-11-1, 0-4 start with Palmer, 3 straight non-winning seasons
2010: Team with SB aspirations finished 4-12 with 10 straight losses
2013: Team that is 8-0 At home gets demolished in home playoff game. 0-5 playoff record. Had a perfect replacement in either Jay or Zimmer.
2015: Epic playoff meltdown, 0-7 playoff record
2016-2018: 3 straight losing seasons full of embarrassment.

That's at least 9 different times a normal franchise would've considered firing him.
The training, nutrition, medicine, fitness, playbooks and rules evolve. The athlete does not.
Reply/Quote
Even though I voted yes obviously, I don't see anything happening till the season is over. My reasons below, not all my reasoning, you have to remember this is Mike Brown we are talking about.

A. We are already down a coach that Mikey is paying, he sure as hell isnt going to pay 2 coaches to not be here.

B. Maybe the "Demotion" with Marvin already took place with hiring Hue. Marvin was quietly demoted to D coordinator as a last chance to fix things saving the embarrassment of flat out firing him. That would make Brown look like a fool for not doing it after last season and so on. Too late but still...

C. Marvin is already penciled in as the future GM, can't fire the guy then bring him back as GM. Hue will be coach, wash rinse repeat.

D. Mike Brown made a deal with the devil (on what I have no idea, damn sure wasent to win) but he can only stay alive as long as Marvin is the HC.
Reply/Quote
(11-25-2018, 10:28 PM)2MinutesHate Wrote: Lol.  First he will agree.
Next, he will question the move by suggesting  there are only a few limited candidates.
Finally, he will completely disagree and conjour up some stats that only a true magician could show marvin lewis in a positive light.

Lol. So true
Reply/Quote
With the season now in the tank this would be the logical time to make a move. But I don't know what good it will do unless they're willing to burn it all down and start from scratch with a different attitude in the front office.

The seeds of this debacle were planted years ago as players were allowed to leave and the "brain trust" whiffed on drafting their replacements. Add a disastrous DC hire and Marvin found himself shooting blanks on his last chance to get over the hump.

I'm afraid they may bring him back or promote Jackson next year just because Mike hates change. That would suck because they're burning opportunities to get something out of the Dalton/Green era.
Reply/Quote
(11-25-2018, 10:17 PM)chopperbobby Wrote: Are you kidding. They sucked all last year but the last two games of the year they beat two playoff teams and kicked them out of the playoffs.  So I guess technically not play off teams then. But Brown saw it that way.   So last game this year Steelers will be sitting out their starters and it will be a close game.  So he will see it a keeping up with a playoff team (I did not say. Win. It is the Steelers).  So I see another extension  in the future for Marvin

This is actually going to be the 3rd straight losing season. You're right though, Mike looks for literally any positive he can use to excuse keeping Marv. I'm sure he has Hobspin briefed and ready to spin stories about all the injuries and the Bengals somehow showing "fight" at the end.
The training, nutrition, medicine, fitness, playbooks and rules evolve. The athlete does not.
Reply/Quote
At some point there needs to be accountability. Firing a DC giving up record numbers doesn't end the madness. None of us will ever understand Mike and Marvin's relationship but the man has the keys it seems.

I'm assuming he pushes Duke out and we continue this charade of an ambiguous FO. He buys the next few weeks from Hue being put in a bad spot, but if Marvin already had plenty of control I'm not sure how making him the one that makes the football decisions can be sold to anyone as a change in culture. I don't think they care, but there is should and there is the Bengals.
Reply/Quote
(11-26-2018, 02:38 AM)Shake n Blake Wrote: Times other franchises would've considered firing Marv:

2006: Lost 3 straight at the end to lose a playoff spot and finish 8-8
2007: 2-6 start, finished 7-9. Take your pick where to fire him
2008: 4-11-1, 0-4 start with Palmer, 3 straight non-winning seasons
2010: Team with SB aspirations finished 4-12 with 10 straight losses
2013: Team that is 8-0 At home gets demolished in home playoff game. 0-5 playoff record. Had a perfect replacement in either Jay or Zimmer.
2015: Epic playoff meltdown, 0-7 playoff record
2016-2018: 3 straight losing seasons full of embarrassment.

That's at least 9 different times a normal franchise would've considered firing him.

Wow,just looking at it together looks really bad, i remember that 3 year stretch 2006-2008 it was horrible,then all we got was built up for a major let down. We need to really get marvin out of here.
Reply/Quote
(11-26-2018, 02:40 AM)TKUHL Wrote: Even though I voted yes obviously, I don't see anything happening till the season is over. My reasons below, not all my reasoning, you have to remember this is Mike Brown we are talking about.

A. We are already down a coach that Mikey is paying, he sure as hell isnt going to pay 2 coaches to not be here.

B. Maybe the "Demotion" with Marvin already took place with hiring Hue. Marvin was quietly demoted to D coordinator as a last chance to fix things saving the embarrassment of flat out firing him. That would make Brown look like a fool for not doing it after last season and so on. Too late but still...

C. Marvin is already penciled in as the future GM, can't fire the guy then bring him back as GM. Hue will be coach, wash rinse repeat.

D. Mike Brown made a deal with the devil (on what I have no idea, damn sure wasent to win) but he can only stay alive as long as Marvin is the HC.
Honestly i dont care what anybody says id give the job to hue if it meant getting rid of marvin. Atleast hes offensive minded which is big in todays nfl. I think marvin dips too much in the offense and he doesnt know offense.
Reply/Quote
(11-25-2018, 09:47 PM)BengalChris Wrote: Simple question. We all know his record. We all know how the team is playing and has played over the past 3 years and for the 16 years he's been here.
Two things are clear,1 Marvin Lewis is trash, 2 Mike Brown will never fire him. Therefore Marvin Lewis should do whats right for the team and the City of Cincinnati and retire asap. Hue Jackson and every coach on the roster should recuse themselves from HC consideration.
Reply/Quote
The most consistent thing I've seen about Marvin Lewis coached Bengals teams is the disaster of coming out flat, and not ready to get after it right away, right from the opening whistle. It happened again today. We were not up in the bit and ready to kick ass.

Now taking this season as a microcosm, this was a big game for us. We came in with a chance to still make a run, it was the Browns, they were mouthing off all week, and continued today, right there in our own stadium. Why wouldn't we have been breathing fire and ready to run them out of there.

But looking at Marvin's tenure as a whole, I've had this feeling many times, including a number of playoff games. It's like we don't grasp the moment, and we're not fired up at all. How do you take a bunch of professional football players, who have fought their way to the NFL, and make them come off as disinterested? or at least not ready to kick some ass and show the world how awesome they are.

We can question personnel choices and scheme all day, but that can be hard to see from our standpoint. What I think is easy for us fans to see, and feel, is an uninspired football team.
Reply/Quote
(11-26-2018, 03:52 AM)bengalsturntup926 Wrote: Honestly i dont care what anybody says id give the job to hue if it meant getting rid of marvin. Atleast hes offensive minded which is big in todays nfl. I think marvin dips too much in the offense and he doesnt know offense.
He does not know defense anymore either since he gave up 265 yards on the ground last week to a rookie QB that had major questions about his arm and a RB that had 64 yards all year. This week his defense gave up 28 points by halftime to another rookie QB.
Reply/Quote
Yes he should be and he should take Hue with him but he won't.

Mike Brown isn't going to fire someone he could have let walk for free at the end of last season, just so he can give him a payoff if he does fire him.
Sorry but we are stuck with Marv until the end of Next season at least!
Reply/Quote
(11-26-2018, 06:30 AM)BengalsBong Wrote: He does not know defense anymore either since he gave up 265 yards on the ground last week to a rookie QB that had major questions about his arm and a RB that had 64 yards all year. This week his defense gave up 28 points by halftime to another rookie QB.

Yeah i agree,the game looks like it passed him by,now looking back on it he was saved by his coordinators and still couldnt get past the hump,also had a top qb at one time that was up there with manning. 
Reply/Quote
My Hope is that Lewis is maintained for next year and that Mike Brown and Lewis leave the Bengals after next year. I think Mike Brown has always been the problem and I pray that Katie blows up the organization and starts fresh with new uniforms and everything.
[Image: maXCb2f.jpg]
-Paul Brown
“When you win, say nothing. When you lose, say less.”

My album "Dragon"
https://www.humbert-lardinois.com/

Reply/Quote
The easiest question ever, the one no must be trolling.
Reply/Quote
(11-26-2018, 07:40 AM)psychdoctor Wrote: My Hope is that Lewis is maintained for next year and that Mike Brown and Lewis leave the Bengals after next year.  I think Mike Brown has always been the problem and I pray that Katie blows up the organization and starts fresh with new uniforms and everything.

I don't even care if they change the name. Get as much of this stink off of them as possible. 

A new Cincinnati expansion franchise to replace them entirely would be sweet.
Reply/Quote
(11-26-2018, 08:31 PM)Shake n Blake Wrote: I don't even care if they change the name. Get as much of this stink off of them as possible. 

A new Cincinnati expansion franchise to replace them entirely would be sweet.

I hope that since Mike brown is 83 going on 84 that he and Lewis are tied at the hip and depart together.  Give them one more year.  Start fresh.  Let Katie make her mark.  
[Image: maXCb2f.jpg]
-Paul Brown
“When you win, say nothing. When you lose, say less.”

My album "Dragon"
https://www.humbert-lardinois.com/

Reply/Quote