Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 3 Average
Should Mayorkas be impeached?
(01-29-2024, 02:46 AM)pally Wrote: What CRIME has he committed to warrant impeachment? And what evidence is there to support it?

Those are DEM questions, and show how your view is liberal biased.

The REAL questions are "what party is Mayorkas?" and "Will his impeachment hurt Biden?"

Republicans warned us--if you start impeaching Republicans for impeachable offenses,

it will lead to impeachment over policy division.  
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
How one of the more centrist GOP senators feels about the partisan time wasting sham impeachment.
https://thehill.com/homenews/senate/4440320-gop-sen-murkowski-partisan-mayorkas-impeachment-a-detour-from-work/

“”Oh my goodness. We’re busy, right? To have to take a detour from the important work that’s going on,” she said.

The Alaska senator, a senior member of the Appropriations Committee, cited an upcoming meeting on legislation to fund the government through 2024 and the need to fund national security needs in a defense supplemental.

“I’ve got a four-corners meeting as an appropriator tomorrow; we’re trying to get the security supplemental advanced. If we have to deal with an impeachment proceeding that’s going to come across on a wholly partisan vote, there’s more important things,” she said.”

But when the party platform is obstruct and point fingers. The hardcore base cheers this type of broken form of government.
Reply/Quote
(01-31-2024, 08:45 PM)NATI BENGALS Wrote: How one of the more centrist GOP senators feels about the partisan time wasting sham impeachment.
https://thehill.com/homenews/senate/4440320-gop-sen-murkowski-partisan-mayorkas-impeachment-a-detour-from-work/

“”Oh my goodness. We’re busy, right? To have to take a detour from the important work that’s going on,” she said.

The Alaska senator, a senior member of the Appropriations Committee, cited an upcoming meeting on legislation to fund the government through 2024 and the need to fund national security needs in a defense supplemental.

“I’ve got a four-corners meeting as an appropriator tomorrow; we’re trying to get the security supplemental advanced. If we have to deal with an impeachment proceeding that’s going to come across on a wholly partisan vote, there’s more important things,” she said.”

But when the party platform is obstruct and point fingers. The hardcore base cheers this type of broken form of government.

She is a RINO, Nati.

Those types need to be expunged from the party if real Americans are to take back Washington from those who aren't.
Reply/Quote

Fueled by the pursuit of greatness.

Reply/Quote
No.
"A great democracy has got to be progressive, or it will soon cease to be either great or a democracy..." - TR

"The test of our progress is not whether we add more to the abundance of those who have much; it is whether we provide enough for those who have too little." - FDR
Reply/Quote
The impeachment is moving forward. Some ask what law did he break? The law that states asylum seekers must seek asylum in the first safe state they enter, which is Mexico. They should never been permitted by Mayorkas and some would argue Biden should be impeached as well over not following immigration law.

https://www.foxnews.com/politics/house-clears-way-advance-impeachment-articles-dhs-secretary-mayorkas

House clears way to advance impeachment articles of DHS Secretary Mayorkas
Biden border chief has been heavily criticized over his handling of the southern border amid record numbers of illegal immigrants entering the US
House lawmakers on Tuesday cleared the way to advance an impeachment resolution against Homeland Security Secretary Alejandro Mayorkas.

The 216-209 floor vote came as the Republican-controlled House adopted the "rule" to manage the debate on the measure. The House then began debating two impeachment articles against the secretary.

"Secretary Mayorkas took an oath to protect our nation from all enemies, both foreign and domestic," said Rep. McCaul, R-Texas. "By refusing to enforce our nation’s laws, he has violated that oath — and every Texan knows it. An architect of destruction at our southern border, the secretary has caused serious injury to society, as the Founding Fathers discussed. I’m honored the speaker has given me this opportunity to use my experience as a federal prosecutor to stand up for our Constitution and the safety of the American people."

The resolution affirms that Mayorkas, "has willfully and systematically
refused to comply with Federal immigration laws" by having repeatedly violated laws enacted by Congress regarding immigration and border security during his tenure.

"I don’t believe there’s ever been a Cabinet secretary who so blatantly, openly, willfully and without remorse did the exact opposite of what federal law asked him to do,"House Speaker Mike Johnson told reporters Tuesday.

If the vote goes through, Mayorkas would be the first Biden Cabinet official impeached in nearly 150 years.

The impeachment articles state Mayorkas has "refused to comply with Federal immigration laws" amid a record surge of migrants at the southern border and that he has "breached the public trust" in his claims to Congress that the U.S.-Mexico border is secure.

Mayorkas has called the impeachment effort politically motivated and baseless.

Tom Emmer: It is time to hold Secretary Mayorkas accountableVideo
Last week, the House approved two impeachment articles along party lines. Republicans pointed to the high number of border crossings and mass release of migrants into the United States interior.
Free Agency ain't over until it is over. 

First 6 years BB - 41 wins and 54 losses with 1-1 playoff record with 2 teams Browns and Pats
Reply/Quote
Mayorkas survived, I guess the GOP is not a cult and 4 members voted no.

On the other hand, every Democrat once again voted together. Who is the cult party again?

First 6 years BB - 41 wins and 54 losses with 1-1 playoff record with 2 teams Browns and Pats
Reply/Quote
(02-06-2024, 09:09 PM)Luvnit2 Wrote: Mayorkas survived, I guess the GOP is not a cult and 4 members voted no.

On the other hand, every Democrat once again voted together. Who is the cult party again?

GOP just getting stuff done.

Now that the border is fixed what will they tackle next? Keep up the great work guys. Really producing results for the American people.

Meanwhile back in cult reality world. How much time did they waste on the floor today defending a guy who attempted a coup?
Reply/Quote
(02-06-2024, 09:09 PM)Luvnit2 Wrote: Mayorkas survived, I guess the GOP is not a cult and 4 members voted no.

The cult party is the one trying to avenge the Dear leader's valid impeachments
by stretching the definition of impeachment crimes to cover differences in policy.

(You warned us you would do this!)

Dems once again voted together to uphold the law, as they were doing when they
voted to impeach Trump. Call the the "rule of law" cult. LOL
Reply/Quote
Another tremendeous demonstration of mediocrity.

Sounds these people like public humiliation.

And again I say unto you, It is easier for a camel to go through the eye of a needle, than for a rich man to enter into the kingdom of God.

Reply/Quote
(02-06-2024, 10:29 PM)Arturo Bandini Wrote: Another tremendeous demonstration of mediocrity.

Sounds these people like public humiliation.

MTG is having a melt down claiming the Democrats “hid” people until the last minute. I’ve seen The West Wing. That is not a new tactic. It’s called failing to understand your own whip count

Reply/Quote
(02-06-2024, 10:52 PM)pally Wrote: MTG is having a melt down claiming the Democrats “hid” people until the last minute.  I’ve seen The West Wing.  That is not a new tactic.  It’s called failing to understand your own whip count

To be fair, noone told her that the impeachment involved maths.

And again I say unto you, It is easier for a camel to go through the eye of a needle, than for a rich man to enter into the kingdom of God.

Reply/Quote
(02-06-2024, 09:24 PM)NATI BENGALS Wrote: GOP just getting stuff done.

Now that the border is fixed what will they tackle next? Keep up the great work guys. Really producing results for the American people.

Meanwhile back in cult reality world. How much time did they waste on the floor today defending a guy who attempted a coup?

Someone attempted a coup?   
Reply/Quote
(02-07-2024, 10:33 AM)Mickeypoo Wrote: Someone attempted a coup?   

Democrats believe guilty when not charged in a court of law..............if it is a Republican accused  Smirk

Reply/Quote
Sorry to disappoint everyone, but it appears one Republican voted no only to avoid a tie. If tied, the issue dies. They will impeach Mayorkas next week when Scalise returns from cancer treatment.

It will be 216 to 214 so I guess Republicans do know math.

People ask, what are Republicans doing to secure the border?

1. Impeaching Mayorkas for not enforcing current immigration law.
2. Texas using barriers to deter/stop illegal immigrants to enter US. It is working as since they added another layer of razor wire in Eagles Pass, encounters down 400%.

What have Democrats and Biden done to deter/stop illegal encounters at the southern border?

1. Encouraged free shelter in sanctuary cities
2. Free food
3. Free medical care and free insurance
4. Sued Texas attempting to stop them from deterring/stopping illegal immigrants from entering US
5. Allowed over 10 million illegal immigrants into the US including flying them with no requirement of passport
6. Allowed entry of individuals with no money or required US vaccines

My bad, it appears Democrats are doing more to recruit illegal immigrants to come to the southern border than deter/stop them.

Reply/Quote
(02-07-2024, 06:13 PM)Luvnit2 Wrote: Democrats believe guilty when not charged in a court of law..............if it is a Republican accused  Smirk

Oh god. The crushing irony.
Our father, who art in Hell
Unhallowed, be thy name
Cursed be thy sons and daughters
Of our nemesis who are to blame
Thy kingdom come, Nema
Reply/Quote
(02-07-2024, 06:25 PM)Luvnit2 Wrote: Sorry to disappoint everyone, but it appears one Republican voted no only to avoid a tie. If tied, the issue dies. They will impeach Mayorkas next week when Scalise returns from cancer treatment.

It will be 216 to 214 so I guess Republicans do know math.

People ask, what are Republicans doing to secure the border?

1. Impeaching Mayorkas for not enforcing current immigration law.
2. Texas using barriers to deter/stop illegal immigrants to enter US. It is working as since they added another layer of razor wire in Eagles Pass, encounters down 400%.

What have Democrats and Biden done to deter/stop illegal encounters at the southern border?

1. Encouraged free shelter in sanctuary cities
2. Free food
3. Free medical care and free insurance
4. Sued Texas attempting to stop them from deterring/stopping illegal immigrants from entering US
5. Allowed over 10 million illegal immigrants into the US including flying them with no requirement of passport
6. Allowed entry  of individuals with no money or required US vaccines

My bad, it appears Democrats are doing more to recruit illegal immigrants to come to the southern border than deter/stop them.

and what next...you all get your impeachment and then what?  The Senate will never take it up or if they do he will be quickly acquitted and he goes on doing his job,  What changes other than fulfilling one of MAGA's wet dreams?  Every person in America knows this is a revenge impeachment.  It makes House Republicans look even more pathetic than they already do

Reply/Quote
(02-07-2024, 10:11 PM)pally Wrote:  and what next...you all get your impeachment and then what?  The Senate will never take it up or if they do he will be quickly acquitted and he goes on doing his job,  What changes other than fulfilling one of MAGA's wet dreams?  Every person in America knows this is a revenge impeachment.  It makes House Republicans look even more pathetic than they already do

Hilarious same person who says Trump persecutions are valid. Yet, polls show you are in the minority.

He may have been avoiding the existing law because Biden told him to, but problem is he took and oath. As for the senate, the same one that said Trump was not gulty impeachment 1 and would not take up the phony Jan. 6 impeachment.

Democrats are the ones who started impeaching Trump for nothing, so if the GOP did the same would it not be justified.

Reply/Quote
(02-08-2024, 12:02 PM)Luvnit2 Wrote: Hilarious same person who says Trump persecutions are valid. Yet, polls show you are in the minority.

He may have been avoiding the existing law because Biden told him to, but problem is he took and oath. As for the senate, the same one that said Trump was not gulty impeachment 1 and would not take up the phony Jan. 6 impeachment.

Democrats are the ones who started impeaching Trump for nothing, so if the GOP did the same would it not be justified.

What existing law has Mayorkas ignored?  That is the one question this "impeachment" has failed to answer

Trump is being PROSECUTED after grand juries have concluded there is enough evidence to warrant criminal trials.  Now you may disagree but that is how the American justice system works.  

When the House produces actual evidence of anyone's guilt we can have a real conversation but they throw out a lot of hyperbole with nothing as of yet to back it up.

The House Democrats produced evidence of Trump withholding aid in return for a forced "favor" of Ukraine investigating Trump's political opponant.
The House Democrats produced evidence of Trump being involved in the Jan 6th attack on Democracy and the US election.

The Senate disagreed but there was enough evidence to get bipartisan votes for impeachment and conviction.

All I and many others have ever asked for is EVIDENCE not accusations or disproven "evidence"

and this tit for tat revenge politics is so middle school. Shouldn't we expect our political leaders to act like adults not vengeful children?

Reply/Quote
Mike Gallagher of Wisconsin, one of the 3 Republican NO votes against impeachment announced today that he is not seeking reelection. Gallagher, Chairman of the House Select Committee on China, was once considered a rising star in the Party until he thought for himself. A Trump MAGA ally announced a primary challenge yesterday

Reply/Quote