Poll: Should Taylor and the friends he brought in be cut loose after the season?
Yes - Dump them
No - It might get better some day
[Show Results]

Note: This is a public poll, other users will be able to see what you voted for.
Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Should Taylor and the friends he brought in be cut loose after the season?
Should Taylor and the friends he brought in be cut loose after the season?

Taylor is now guaranteed to have the worst start than Dave Shula, who went 5-11 his first season and is widely considered to be the Bengals' worst HC in its history.

Taylor took a 6 win team and turned it into a 1-12 team.

He promised accountability, but seems to have left himself off the list of those who need to be accountable.

He's an offensive guy, but the offense has failed to score more than 23 points in any game this season, include games against two winless teams.

The Bengals are playing worse than Miami who traded away its better players for draft picks.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Reply/Quote
Fire the staff. Bring in Rivera, McCarthy, or JDR.
Reply/Quote
The general rule is a new HC gets 3 years. Plus it looks bad to fire a coach after one season.

But there's exceptions to every rule. There's just nothing encouraging about what ZT has shown offensive genius wise ! Injuries, bad players, Oline, and all the other excuses be damned.

Let me just say it wouldn't bother me if he was.
Reply/Quote
Man, I'm conflicted on Taylor. Part of me says you have to give him at least another year to grow and improve, another opportunity to add to the staff, another offseason and another draft to see what he does before you give up and send him packing.

Another part isn't so sure. I would like to know how much input he had in free agency, for example...because it was the laziest, most uninspired FA period I can remember in a while, even by Bengals standards. Outside of Williams and Pratt, I wasn't a big fan of his first draft either.
Reply/Quote
(12-09-2019, 12:11 AM)bengalfan74 Wrote: The general rule is a new HC gets 3 years. Plus it looks bad to fire a coach after one season.

But there's exceptions to every rule. There's just nothing encouraging about what ZT has shown offensive genius wise ! Injuries, bad players, Oline, and all the other excuses be damned.

Let me just say it wouldn't bother me if he was.

Taylor is supposed to be an offensive genius and modernize this team...and he's a terrible playcaller and coordinator.

It's kind of like hiring a person to manage your computer programmers who can't program...and being like - Ok you don't know how to program, so just manage all of my programmers.
Reply/Quote
(12-09-2019, 12:13 AM)Bengalholic Wrote: Man, I'm conflicted on Taylor. Part of me says you have to give him at least another year to grow and improve, another opportunity to add to the staff, another offseason and another draft to see what he does before you give up and send him packing.

Another part isn't so sure. I would like to know how much input he had in free agency, for example...because it was the laziest, most uninspired FA period I can remember in a while, even by Bengals standards. Outside of Williams and Pratt, I wasn't a big fan of his first draft either.

The risk of keeping him is that he could have another huge draft flop...and he's making a lot of players on the roster regress. Also, he could ruin Joe Burrow IF we draft him.

That's a huge risk.

The reward? Well, the reward is letting a terrible coach keep trying to become average. Also, you don't have to pay 2 staffs.

IF he'd shown any signs of being able to modernize an offense it's another story. I don't see any evidence of that. Not a shred of it.

Lets face it, Dalton is an above average QB and he's basically destroyed him.
Reply/Quote
It’s time to dump the staff. Dump them like the Grinch wanted to dump the Whos’ gifts from the top of Mount Crumpet before his heart grew three sizes.

It takes a special brand of incompetent to turn good players into passionless drones.
Reply/Quote
I will personally call for the dumpster pull after these guys are thrown in. Although 1 year coaches are not a good look it is becoming more common and I can't think of many times it was the wrong call. Arizona was in the exact same situation as us last year and they acted quite boldly not only dumping inept coaches but the bad 1st round pick in Rosen as well. Its paid off for them
Reply/Quote
(12-09-2019, 12:21 AM)cj1895 Wrote: I will personally call for the dumpster pull after these guys are thrown in. Although 1 year coaches are not a good look it is becoming more common and I can't think of many times it was the wrong call. Arizona was in the exact same situation as us last year and they acted quite boldly not only dumping inept coaches but the bad 1st round pick in Rosen as well. Its paid off for them

Yep. Honestly...it can't get worse.

That said, we know these guys will be kept.
Reply/Quote
I'd probably keep him, but some of his pals need to go.

It says something that the players seem to believe in him. That's good enough for me to give him another year. I'm not saying I'd be pissed if they decided to can him, but I can still see justifications for him remaining. If they want to get a QB with the first overall pick and don't trust Zac, then they should do as they see fit.

I'd want Turner gone and a real OC brought in. Zac hasn't handled the play calling well. He seems alright at motivating the players and creating a culture, even in this dumpster fire of a season. I'd argue, as many would, that he got short-armed in free agency by the family and had a deficient roster to begin with.
Reply/Quote
Have a season that resembles "rebuild mode" without the actual rebuild?

Dump this loser!

Are we really going to say "it's a bad look" for anything the Bengals front office does?

They are a complete laughing stock to the world!!
[Image: 51209558878_91a895e0bb_m.jpg]
Reply/Quote
(12-09-2019, 12:30 AM)samhain Wrote: I'd probably keep him, but some of his pals need to go.  

It says something that the players seem to believe in him.  That's good enough for me to give him another year.  I'm not saying I'd be pissed if they decided to can him, but I can still see justifications for him remaining.  If they want to get a QB with the first overall pick and don't trust Zac, then they should do as they see fit.

I'd want Turner gone and a real OC brought in.  Zac hasn't handled the play calling well.  He seems alright at motivating the players and creating a culture, even in this dumpster fire of a season.  I'd argue, as many would, that he got short-armed in free agency by the family and had a deficient roster to begin with.

Do they believe in him? Don't they have clauses in their contracts that they can't speak out against the team?

Also, you rarely hear NFL players openly say they're against the coaches.
Reply/Quote
(12-09-2019, 12:31 AM)BengalsRocker Wrote: Have a season that resembles "rebuild mode" without the actual rebuild?

Dump this loser!

Are we really going to say "it's a bad look" for anything the Bengals front office does?

They are a complete laughing stock to the world!!

IF they fire this staff, bring in say Rivera...get Burrow and maybe a Top College WR in the 2nd Round...and sign a Guard like Scherff and a T like Conklin. Get Jonah back.

I think fans would be excited.

With Taylor back...I'm going to not believe in this team.
Reply/Quote
The entire staff is terrible. I was concerned in the off season when he basically just brought in his friends as this thread suggests. Nearly ever coordinator was either inexperienced or inferior. I was down with it at the time because i thought we need to take a risk and if worse comes to worst we'll end up with a top pick. So here we are....
Reply/Quote
(12-09-2019, 12:36 AM)CornerBlitz Wrote: The entire staff is terrible.  I was concerned in the off season when he basically just brought in his friends as this thread suggests.  Nearly ever coordinator was either inexperienced or inferior.  I was down with it at the time because i thought we need to take a risk and if worse comes to worst we'll end up with a top pick.  So here we are....

The front office has to know how bad the staff is, right?

They couldn't be delusional enough to think that AJ Green and Jonah would have this team winning could they?
Reply/Quote
(12-09-2019, 12:40 AM)THE PISTONS Wrote: The front office has to know how bad the staff is, right?

They couldn't be delusional enough to think that AJ Green and Jonah would have this team winning could they?

I think they realize it's horrible and will probably get rid of some coordinators but i doubt they get rid of Zac.  Maybe if they can get a legit D coordinator and a better QB and O line play they can turn things around but i'm not optimistic. 
Reply/Quote
I don't expect the FO to hardly change a thing! And, Zac may be a good dude. I've witnessed nothing that proves to me that he's ready to be a HC on the professional level.
I've witnessed nothing from him that shows he could win on an NCAA level. I'm not hating, but I think it may be best if we move on.
Reply/Quote
Tiger

I didn't vote because I don't feel as if there are enough options.

ZT back? Yes. However, he should be stripped of playcalling duties.

DC should go. Line coach and a few others should be replaced as well...
The only thing I hate worse than Pittsburgh football...

...is Pittsburgh fans!!

SLIM--gone, but never forgotten...

Original Bengals message boards
Rep Points: 4726

Reply/Quote
I've seen improvements to this team but I do have long term concerns as well. He is rookie coach who is a first time play caller there were going to be growing pains. I'm willing to give him some time. He needs to be more flexible with his formations though.
I've like what I have seen from the defense outside of the last Baltimore game. Things could be better but lou has done a fine job.
Special teams have been solid as well.
https://twitter.com/JAKEAKAJ24
J24

Jessie Bates left the Bengals and that makes me sad!
Reply/Quote
(12-09-2019, 12:35 AM)THE PISTONS Wrote: IF they fire this staff, bring in say Rivera...get Burrow and maybe a Top College WR in the 2nd Round...and sign a Guard like Scherff and a T like Conklin. Get Jonah back.

I think fans would be excited.

With Taylor back...I'm going to not believe in this team.

Why after 20 something years would the Brown family finally change and use FA to actually improve not just sign bargain basement players?

I love the thought but the only way we get the 3 new OL players we need and another starting LB is the draft and there isn't enough picks to fix it all.

[Image: bengals08-1-800small.jpg]

Reply/Quote