Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Should Trading McCarron Be Considered?
(03-09-2016, 06:58 PM)Shake n Blake Wrote: Kubiak's offense values athletic QB's. 

http://broncoswire.usatoday.com/2016/02/27/colin-kaepernick-a-potential-fit-in-denver/

"Imagine Kaepernick running one of Kubiak’s famous bootleg plays. He is a real dual threat, capable of making tough throws as well as outrunning nearly every defender on the field."

One of the reasons why the Broncos stuck with Osweiler last year is that Peyton wasn't capable of running those boots effectively. McCarron has some positive traits, but athleticism isn't one of them. He's a very slow pocket QB. He also has a much weaker arm than Kaep and lacks the postseason success. Kaep is a much better fit for all of these reasons, and that's probably why it looks like Kaep is the guy they'll be targeting.

He also values accurate passers. Which Kaep is not . Besides flacco did well enough and he is slower than AJM.
Reply/Quote
(03-09-2016, 07:01 PM)StLucieBengal Wrote: He also values accurate passers. Which Kaep is not .  Besides flacco did well enough and he is slower than AJM.

Idk, McCarron was pretty scattershot on mid-long range throws and those are the throws that Kaepernick prefers. You can't base accuracy on completion % alone. 

And no...Flacco is not slower than AJ Mac:

Flacco: 4.84 forty - 6.82 three cone drill
AJ Mac: 4.94 forty - 7.18 three cone drill

You're making stuff up.
The training, nutrition, medicine, fitness, playbooks and rules evolve. The athlete does not.
Reply/Quote
(03-09-2016, 07:08 PM)Shake n Blake Wrote: Idk, McCarron was pretty scattershot on mid-long range throws and those are the throws that Kaepernick prefers. You can't base accuracy on completion % alone. 

And no...Flacco is not slower than AJ Mac:

Flacco: 4.84 forty - 6.82 three cone drill
AJ Mac: 4.94 forty - 7.18 three cone drill

You're making stuff up.

They are both slow lol

My point is running a boot leg isn't all about speed.
Reply/Quote
(03-09-2016, 07:11 PM)StLucieBengal Wrote: They are both slow lol

The difference in those times is actually pretty large. Flacco isn't fast, but he's not slow either. Big doesn't = slow. Being a Bengals fan, you should know that Flacco is pretty athletic for his size.

And yes, boots are a little about speed. I'm going to make this my last post on this. Agree to disagree.

We'll see who the Broncos show interest in soon enough.
The training, nutrition, medicine, fitness, playbooks and rules evolve. The athlete does not.
Reply/Quote
Ideally Andy won't get hurt again and AJMC will never see the field because we are having undefeated seasons with Dalton running the show. So AJMC's stock will never be higher. I like this QB class. I could live with quite a few of the mid to late round guys as a developmental #2 QB. Cardale Jones, Dak, Coker, Kessler. etc.

If we can get some really valuable draft picks pull the trigger. Or if Hue Jackson wants to play games maybe he comes off of Danny Shelton and Josh Gordon to get his QB.
Reply/Quote
Send him off. If Sam and Brock are getting $18m/yr, and Flacco is the highest paid QB in the NFL, then SOMEONE will be desperate enough to send their 1st round pick for him. A 2nd and 4th at the least.

What's that? Broncos on line 1, Browns on line 2, and Jets on line 3?

[Image: jamarr-chase.gif]
Reply/Quote
Only if it's a team like Denver that could end up desperate and willing to over pay, otherwise I like him just fine in Stripes.
Reply/Quote
(03-09-2016, 07:14 PM)NATI BENGALS Wrote: Ideally Andy won't get hurt again and AJMC will never see the field because we are having undefeated seasons with Dalton running the show. So AJMC's stock will never be higher. I like this QB class. I could live with quite a few of the mid to late round guys as a developmental #2 QB. Cardale Jones, Dak, Coker, Kessler. etc.

If we can get some really valuable draft picks pull the trigger. Or if Hue Jackson wants to play games maybe he comes off of Danny Shelton and Josh Gordon to get his QB.

(03-09-2016, 07:15 PM)TheLeonardLeap Wrote: Send him off. If Sam and Brock are getting $18m/yr, and Flacco is the highest paid QB in the NFL, then SOMEONE will be desperate enough to send their 1st round pick for him. A 2nd and 4th at the least.

What's that? Broncos on line 1, Browns on line 2, and Jets on line 3?

You dudes know whats up.
Reply/Quote
(03-09-2016, 05:46 PM)J24 Wrote: Yes we should Brock Oswiler just got 72 million dollars for 4 years. Teams do dumb shit for Qbs.

holy over payed batman! 
[Image: 1jKEzj4.png]
Formerly known as Judge on the Bengals.com message board.
Reply/Quote
(03-09-2016, 07:11 PM)StLucieBengal Wrote: They are both slow lol

I played the QB position. Often times on a boot one of the DE goes unblocked. I am/was pretty fast, I also played WR,RB,and CB. One of the worst hits I can remember taking was against an unblocked DE on a boot to his side. I managed to get by him for a second after selling the play fake but this big boy was fast and when he caught up to me it wasn't pretty from my perspective. I scored a TD on that same drive and we went for two on the conversion. The two point play was another PA fake left and BL right hitting the TE  on a little waggle play. My point being the next BL went the opposite way of the the DE that damn near killed me about 6 plays before.
Wts, you have to have some speed and agility to run a BL and run it properly.
Reply/Quote
(03-09-2016, 07:32 PM)magikod Wrote: holy over payed batman! 

The Broncos offered him 16 per and the Texans topped that with 18 per.

So the Texans didn't overpay by much, that's just the way the market is going. 

Brock looked capable and capable QBs are getting paid.
Reply/Quote
(03-09-2016, 07:36 PM)Shake n Blake Wrote: The Broncos offered him 16 per and the Texans topped that with 18 per.

So the Texans didn't overpay by much, that's just the way the market is going. 

Brock looked capable and capable QBs are getting paid.

I read the Broncos offered $15m/yr for 3 years, and the Texans offered $18m/yr for 4 years. So $3m/yr more, with an extra year. Does turn out to be $27m more.

I blame Joe Flacco for ruining the QB market. When Anquan Boldin caught all his jump balls and won the SB, Flacco got vastly overpaid despite being mediocre at best. That then led to Colin Kaepernick getting vastly overpaid, and once you overpay Flacco and Kaepernick, the rest is pretty much history.

Reply/Quote
(03-09-2016, 07:41 PM)TheLeonardLeap Wrote: I read the Broncos offered $15m/yr for 3 years, and the Texans offered $18m/yr for 4 years. So $3m/yr more, with an extra year. Does turn out to be $27m more.

I blame Joe Flacco for ruining the QB market. When Anquan Boldin caught all his jump balls and won the SB, Flacco got vastly overpaid despite being mediocre at best. That then led to Colin Kaepernick getting vastly overpaid, and once you overpay Flacco and Kaepernick, the rest is pretty much history.

I saw $15m/yr earlier this week as well, but apparently the Broncos upped their offer a bit.

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2016/03/09/osweiler-gets-18m-a-year-from-texans-broncos-offered-16m/

I agree about Joe Flacco. He really had the Ravens by the balls though. Overpay? Or let the reigning SB MVP walk and piss off the entire fanbase?
Reply/Quote
Saw a tweet about Adam Schefter expecting the Bengals to receiver calls for McCarron.

Hasn't said they received any, but said he expects it to happen.
Check out my YouTube channel: https://www.youtube.com/user/AndWeGiveUp

[Image: Mx7IB2.png]
Reply/Quote
It should absolutely be considered. You get what you want, you ship him out. If not, you have a decent backup. There is nothing to lose by considering it.

Reply/Quote
(03-09-2016, 08:04 PM)wolfkaosaun Wrote: Saw a tweet about Adam Schefter expecting the Bengals to receiver calls for McCarron.

Hasn't said they received any, but said he expects it to happen.

I fully expect it to happen. The 49ers, Jets, Broncos, Browns, Rams and possibly the Cowboys may be in the market for a QB.
Reply/Quote
(03-09-2016, 08:07 PM)Shake n Blake Wrote: I fully expect it to happen. The 49ers, Jets, Broncos, Browns, Rams and possibly the Cowboys may be in the market for a QB.

It'd be great to get a bidding war going for AJ.
You can always trust an dishonest man to be dishonest. Honestly, it's the honest ones you have to look out for.
"Winning makes believers of us all"-Paul Brown
Reply/Quote
(03-09-2016, 08:10 PM)Bengal Dude Wrote: It'd be great to get a bidding war going for AJ.

I just hope this doesn't turn out like the Reds' bidding war for Chapman last trade deadline.

Got the offer up to the moon and half of the stars in the sky, but wanted 3/4th of the stars in the sky, so didn't trade, only to trade the next offseason for a pittance.

Reply/Quote
(03-09-2016, 08:07 PM)Shake n Blake Wrote: I fully expect it to happen. The 49ers, Jets, Broncos, Browns, Rams and possibly the Cowboys may be in the market for a QB.

Schefter said he expects the Browns to call the Bengals.

Also seen some people talk about Broncos, but nothing really that credible.
Check out my YouTube channel: https://www.youtube.com/user/AndWeGiveUp

[Image: Mx7IB2.png]
Reply/Quote
(03-09-2016, 08:25 PM)TheLeonardLeap Wrote: I just hope this doesn't turn out like the Reds' bidding war for Chapman last trade deadline.

Got the offer up to the moon and half of the stars in the sky, but wanted 3/4th of the stars in the sky, so didn't trade, only to trade the next offseason for a pittance.

Honestly, I'm guessing the Bengals will jump at the chance to get a 1st or 2nd rounder for him. Or even a conditional 3rd that could improve to a 1st.
You can always trust an dishonest man to be dishonest. Honestly, it's the honest ones you have to look out for.
"Winning makes believers of us all"-Paul Brown
Reply/Quote