Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Should Trading McCarron Be Considered?
(03-09-2016, 08:31 PM)Bengal Dude Wrote: Honestly, I'm guessing the Bengals will jump at the chance to get a 1st or 2nd rounder for him. Or even a conditional 3rd that could improve to a 1st.

I'm guessing they're going to see how desperate a team is for McCarron.

If someone offers you a 1st, you take it honestly.

I mean, best case scanerio, you could get a DT and WR in the 1st round. (Andrew Billings and Josh Docston if I could pick)
Check out my YouTube channel: https://www.youtube.com/user/AndWeGiveUp

[Image: Mx7IB2.png]
Reply/Quote
(03-09-2016, 08:31 PM)Bengal Dude Wrote: Honestly, I'm guessing the Bengals will jump at the chance to get a 1st or 2nd rounder for him. Or even a conditional 3rd that could improve to a 1st.

The problem with the conditional pick would be that it'd be a 2017 pick, not a 2016 pick since you'd need to wait until 2016 is over to see if he meets the condition.

So if he doesn't meet it, you only get a 2017 3rd round pick, which doesn't sound like a great deal.

[Image: jamarr-chase.gif]
Reply/Quote
(03-09-2016, 08:35 PM)wolfkaosaun Wrote: I'm guessing they're going to see how desperate a team is for McCarron.

I mean, best case scanerio, you could get a DT and WR in the 1st round. (Andrew Billings and Josh Docston if I could pick)

Or the Browns trade #2 for AJ and we take Bosa.....

....yeah, a guy can dream, even if it's crazier than a Madden trade.
You can always trust an dishonest man to be dishonest. Honestly, it's the honest ones you have to look out for.
"Winning makes believers of us all"-Paul Brown
Reply/Quote
(03-09-2016, 08:41 PM)Bengal Dude Wrote: Or the Browns trade #2 for AJ and we take Bosa.....

I mean.

Oakland traded us a 1st rounder and 2nd rounder for Palmer.

McCarron is younger a cheaper. So, we can only hope.

Reply/Quote
(03-09-2016, 08:41 PM)Bengal Dude Wrote: Or the Browns trade #2 for AJ and we take Boss.....

I assume Boss is Bosa? Man I have wanted him to be a Bengal since the first time I saw him play.
Reply/Quote
(03-09-2016, 08:35 PM)wolfkaosaun Wrote: I'm guessing they're going to see how desperate a team is for McCarron.

Jim O was pointing out on Twitter that the value is sky high because McCarron's still on his rookie contract. 
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
Someone has to say it so I will....why trade McCarron? He did awesome while Dalton was out. He should have gotten that playoff win. He is closer than dalton ever was to winning a playoff game. Yes Dalton had his best year but still lost the prime time games he played. Trade dalton and a 4th to a team for their first round pick. All the money we save we can sign our free agents and solidify this team for the next number of years.
Reply/Quote
(03-09-2016, 09:18 PM)scottyd33 Wrote: Someone has to say it so I will....why trade McCarron? He did awesome while Dalton was out. He should have gotten that playoff win. He is closer than dalton ever was to winning a playoff game. Yes Dalton had his best year but still lost the prime time games he played. Trade dalton and a 4th to a team for their first round pick. All the money we save we can sign our free agents and solidify this team for the next number of years.

I would argue that we would have easily won that playoff game with Dalton.
Reply/Quote
(03-09-2016, 08:51 PM)BonnieBengal Wrote: Jim O was pointing out on Twitter that the value is sky high because McCarron's still on his rookie contract. 

Correct. It will be for sure.

But, as Adam Schefter said, they will get offers. So now it's all speculation.

Reply/Quote
(03-09-2016, 09:18 PM)scottyd33 Wrote: Someone has to say it so I will....why trade McCarron? He did awesome while Dalton was out. He should have gotten that playoff win. He is closer than dalton ever was to winning a playoff game. Yes Dalton had his best year but still lost the prime time games he played. Trade dalton and a 4th to a team for their first round pick. All the money we save we can sign our free agents and solidify this team for the next number of years.

McCarron lost the primetime games he played. And one can argue that the way they lost to the Cardinals (penalties) is how they lost to the Steelers.

Oh, and Dalton actually won a primetime game. He went 10-2. McCarron? 2-3. 2-4 if you want to count his first Steelers game.

Dalton is better than McCarron. Just stop. No reason to trade Dalton, especially when looking at his salary compared to others.

Reply/Quote
(03-09-2016, 09:25 PM)wolfkaosaun Wrote: McCarron lost the primetime games he played. And one can argue that the way they lost to the Cardinals (penalties) is how they lost to the Steelers.

Oh, and Dalton actually won a primetime game. He went 10-2. McCarron? 2-3. 2-4 if you want to count his first Steelers game.

Dalton is better than McCarron. Just stop. No reason to trade Dalton, especially when looking at his salary compared to others.

McCarron had us in position to win that playoff game if Jeremy Hill could have held onto the ball.
Reply/Quote
What if the front office knocks a deal with McCarron out of the park like they did with Palmer? That'd be cool.

Anything is possible with Hue at the wheel of another team.
Reply/Quote
(03-09-2016, 09:39 PM)CageTheBengal Wrote: What if the front office knocks a deal with McCarron out of the park like they did with Palmer? That'd be cool.

Anything is possible with Hue at the wheel of another team.

If someone comes calling with a similar deal, then you agree before they take another breath. 
You can always trust an dishonest man to be dishonest. Honestly, it's the honest ones you have to look out for.
"Winning makes believers of us all"-Paul Brown
Reply/Quote
(03-09-2016, 09:33 PM)BonnieBengal Wrote: McCarron had us in position to win that playoff game if Jeremy Hill could have held onto the ball.

Dalton had us in position to be the #1 in the AFC and have a bye week. Also in talks of being MVP.

Too many shoulda, woulda, couldas. We were in position for a lot of things, but they didn't happen. That's what matters, they didn't happen.

Reply/Quote
(03-09-2016, 09:22 PM)BonnieBengal Wrote: I would argue that we would have easily won that playoff game with Dalton.

I would agree. I'm just saying we are going to find ourselves in an Aaron Rodgers Brett Farve situation. McCarron is going to be a great NFL Qb. Not saying anything bad against Dalton. I love the way he played this year. But NO he did not win the prime time game...Lost to Houston on Monday night football. 

I'm just adding a twist to the thread that's all. McCarron came in and performed like a champ during arguable the hardest part of the schedule and showed he is going to be able to get the job done. Keep in mind this was his first NFL playing time. 
Reply/Quote
Geoff Hobson just said if the Bengals were offered a 2nd round pick they would be tempted to take it.

Phone calls will happen. Just depends what's being offered.

Reply/Quote
(03-09-2016, 09:49 PM)scottyd33 Wrote: I would agree. I'm just saying we are going to find ourselves in an Aaron Rodgers Brett Farve situation. McCarron is going to be a great NFL Qb. Not saying anything bad against Dalton. I love the way he played this year. But NO he did not win the prime time game...Lost to Houston on Monday night football. 

I'm just adding a twist to the thread that's all. McCarron came in and performed like a champ during arguable the hardest part of the schedule and showed he is going to be able to get the job done. Keep in mind this was his first NFL playing time. 

I have nothing against McCarron. What annoys me is when fans try to make a QB competition out of nothing.

I hope McCarron does well as a Bengal. But sometimes you have to take opportunities like this to better overall your team. He isn't a starter and could help this team moving forward.

Reply/Quote
(03-09-2016, 09:54 PM)wolfkaosaun Wrote: I have nothing against McCarron. What annoys me is when fans try to make a QB competition out of nothing.

I hope McCarron does well as a Bengal. But sometimes you have to take opportunities like this to better overall your team. He isn't a starter and could help this team moving forward.

Whether he turns out to be a starter or not, there are teams who will give us good value for him right now. 
Reply/Quote
(03-09-2016, 09:57 PM)BonnieBengal Wrote: Whether he turns out to be a starter or not, there are teams who will give us good value for him right now. 

Correct. Now is just a waiting game and we're all speculating

Reply/Quote
(03-09-2016, 09:25 PM)wolfkaosaun Wrote: McCarron lost the primetime games he played. And one can argue that the way they lost to the Cardinals (penalties) is how they lost to the Steelers.

(03-09-2016, 09:54 PM)wolfkaosaun Wrote: I have nothing against McCarron. What annoys me is when fans try to make a QB competition out of nothing.

How is there not a Qb competition here? Andy Dalton does not show up in the Big Game. He has not won a playoff game! The game he got hurt against Pitt he threw an interception on the goal line. He makes crucial errors at crucial times in the big games. 

All that said all I'm saying is McCarron could lead this team to the playoffs for cheaper and he is younger....free up money and get a draft pick out of it! It's a discussion forum after all isn't it!?! 
Reply/Quote