Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Should Trading McCarron Be Considered?
(03-09-2016, 11:06 PM)scottyd33 Wrote: Dalton has had 4 tries at it
McCarron 1 after being thrown into the mix. 
McCarron didn't lose his game
Dalton lost those playoff games with his interceptions and fumbles

Are you just admitting to being a troll or are you just um...."special" 
Reply/Quote
(03-09-2016, 10:07 PM)Shake n Blake Wrote: McCarron started 4 games and 2 of them were against the 49ers and Ravens (which happen to be his only wins). I think McCarron played pretty good, but people get really carried away. He didn't win any tough games and he choked in OT against the Broncos and most of the playoff game. He gets a bit of a pass for being a rook, but it still happened.

Good backup? Absolutely. I was pleased with his overall performance. Possible starter somewhere? Maybe. An Aaron Rodgers clone who is destined to take the league by storm and push Andy Dalton? If you think that, you're either a Dalton hater or a 'Bama fan.

Agreed. He's a backup QB and a decent one. He did better against Denver's defense than Cam Newton did, so that is something.

Other teams pay $4M or more for a backup QB and we have him for two more years at $645,413 in 2016 and $735,413 in 2017.

So I really see no reason to send him packing.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Reply/Quote
(03-09-2016, 11:06 PM)scottyd33 Wrote: Dalton has had 4 tries at it
McCarron 1 after being thrown into the mix. 
McCarron didn't lose his game
Dalton lost those playoff games with his interceptions and fumbles

So 1 INT, 3 Fumbles, happy feet leading to 3 sacks and 5 rushes for 9 yards, missing wide open players, having 5.2 yards per attempt (lol), and 0 points in 3 quarters against the 31st ranked pass defense in the NFL isn't losing the game? Because I am pretty positive that'd be pretty much the very definition.

Not saying Dalton tore it up in the postseason, but sorry McCarron, but this is for you....

[Image: jamarr-chase.gif]
Reply/Quote
(03-09-2016, 09:39 PM)CageTheBengal Wrote: What if the front office knocks a deal with McCarron out of the park like they did with Palmer? That'd be cool.

Anything is possible with Hue at the wheel of another team.

Hue was the de-facto GM of the Raiders when he made the Palmer trade.  I'm sure Al Davis' inbred son gave it the green light, but that doesn't mean the Browns are giving Hue the same leeway.

(03-09-2016, 09:49 PM)scottyd33 Wrote: I would agree. I'm just saying we are going to find ourselves in an Aaron Rodgers Brett Farve situation.

Sure we are, buddy.
Reply/Quote
If someone offered a 2 or a top five in round 3, i'd pack McCarron's bags for him.

"The measure of a man's intelligence can be seen in the length of his argument."
Reply/Quote
(03-09-2016, 05:56 PM)kevin Wrote: McCarron threw what should have been the game winning touchdown to become the first QB to win  play-off game since Boomer Esiason......but bonehead plays by many other Bengals gave the game to Steelers in those last seconds of the game. ....You can't blame McCarron for all the bonehead plays in the last seconds of the game.....The Bengals were just determined to be The Bungles, and Johnny Unitas, Peyton Manning and Superman rolled into one QB wasn't going to change that. .......I don't think we get much in a trade for McCarron at this point, so no trade....We need 2 QBs, and if we trade McCarron, all the Andy Haters will want Bengals to run out and draft a top round QB. ....No Trade going into 2016.....but look for one of the 2 leaving here in years to come.  NFL, Not For Long.

McCarron is first QB since Boomer to have us in the lead with less than a minute left in a play-off game.....and I'm still amazed Bengals imploded and gave the game away .....the most knuckle head, bone headed way to lose a game that I've seen in Bengals history from 1968 to now......but McCarron had team in lead, which no QB since Boomer has done. 
A Bengal fan since 1968.  My dad bought me season tickets for the inaugural season.  And I agree, McCarron brought them to the Promise Land and then the most devastating fumble in the history of this franchise kept the ghosts alive.
Reply/Quote
I'd rather just let McCarron walk when his contract is up so we can score a 7th round comp pick for 2023.
Reply/Quote
(03-09-2016, 05:59 PM)Shake n Blake Wrote: This is what I was going to say. Need for a need.

If they're desperate enough, we may be able to get E. Sanders + a mid round pick.

Hum, I like it but Sanders has a $5,600,000 salary for 2016 and he's a free agent at season's end. I'm not sure that fits in the team's spending plans.

Reply/Quote
Like I'm sure everyone has said, we need a solid backup, obviously, so, unless a team calls with a first or second round offer, we don't even try to shop him.

I doubt we see a Palmer-like deal, but I could see Hue getting the Browns to toss a first or second rounder at us because (1) he's familiar with Hue, (2) it means that they don't have to draft a guy that could end up a bust, and (3) they have the 2nd and 32nd picks of the draft, so they might feel comfortable in giving one of them up since they basically have two picks so high.

A fluke injury to Dalton like that is unlikely, and we Took McCarron back before Dalton blew up after working with House and we thought we might need AJ, so I think it's ok to entertain trade ideas.
Reply/Quote
(03-09-2016, 11:07 PM)RoyleRedlegs Wrote: Yes. 
When did he prove he could start in this league? 

I don't know maybe the games that he started for us last year, but I see that youre being facetious so ill just write off any dumb response you may have.
[Image: s4ed9rgnqb251.jpg]
Reply/Quote
(03-10-2016, 12:14 AM)Nately120 Wrote: Hue was the de-facto GM of the Raiders when he made the Palmer trade.  I'm sure Al Davis' inbred son gave it the green light, but that doesn't mean the Browns are giving Hue the same leeway.

Sure we are, buddy.

The Browns don't need to give Hue leeway to make a stupid decision. The Browns have been doing that for years without Hue.

It's kinda there thing. Considering I had to explain to you why the Vikings are a much better franchise then the Brownies a month or so ago I can see why this went over your head.
Reply/Quote
(03-09-2016, 11:07 PM)RoyleRedlegs Wrote: Yes. 
When did he prove he could start in this league? 

In 100% of the regular season games McCarron started he posted a higher passer rating than the opposing defense allowed against the rest of the league.

You are welcome for the education.

Any more questions?
Reply/Quote
(03-09-2016, 09:18 PM)scottyd33 Wrote: Someone has to say it so I will....why trade McCarron? He did awesome while Dalton was out. He should have gotten that playoff win. He is closer than dalton ever was to winning a playoff game. Yes Dalton had his best year but still lost the prime time games he played. Trade dalton and a 4th to a team for their first round pick. All the money we save we can sign our free agents and solidify this team for the next number of years.

how do you respond to this ?solidify the team. this is Daltons team. if Dalton plays in WC game we win hands down. meth is a dangerous drug 

WTF :smash:
Thanks ExtraRadiohead for the great sig

[Image: SE-KY-Bengal-Sig.png]
Reply/Quote
(03-09-2016, 09:25 PM)wolfkaosaun Wrote: McCarron lost the primetime games he played. And one can argue that the way they lost to the Cardinals (penalties) is how they lost to the Steelers.

Oh, and Dalton actually won a primetime game. He went 10-2. McCarron? 2-3. 2-4 if you want to count his first Steelers game.

Dalton is better than McCarron. Just stop. No reason to trade Dalton, especially when looking at his salary compared to others.
he's just another AJM FANBOY wanting to destroy this team to see mc play
(03-09-2016, 09:54 PM)wolfkaosaun Wrote: I have nothing against McCarron. What annoys me is when fans try to make a QB competition out of nothing

I hope McCarron does well as a Bengal. But sometimes you have to take opportunities like this to better overall your team. He isn't a starter and could help this team moving forward.
when Andy first went down all we heard was AJM and being a competition. to be a competition he would have to be in same league of play. he's a back up that some team may start. guaranteed it want be bengals unless AD goes down ThumbsUp
(03-09-2016, 10:05 PM)scottyd33 Wrote:
How is there not a Qb competition
here? Andy Dalton does not show up in the Big Game. He has not won a playoff game! The game he got hurt against Pitt he threw an interception on the goal line. He makes crucial errors at crucial times in the big games. 

All that said all I'm saying is McCarron could lead this team to the playoffs for cheaper and he is younger....free up money and get a draft pick out of it! It's a discussion forum after all isn't it!?! 
I'll tell you how AJM could not carry Andys jock.  :troll:
(03-10-2016, 12:05 AM)TheLeonardLeap Wrote: So 1 INT, 3 Fumbles, happy feet leading to 3 sacks and 5 rushes for 9 yards, missing wide open players, having 5.2 yards per attempt (lol), and 0 points in 3 quarters against the 31st ranked pass defense in the NFL isn't losing the game? Because I am pretty positive that'd be pretty much the very definition.

Not saying Dalton tore it up in the postseason, but sorry McCarron, but this is for you....

he's either a AJM fanboy or very bad troll  Wink
Thanks ExtraRadiohead for the great sig

[Image: SE-KY-Bengal-Sig.png]
Reply/Quote
(03-10-2016, 09:44 AM)yellowxdiscipline Wrote: I don't know maybe the games that he started for us last year, but I see that youre being facetious so ill just write off any dumb response you may have.

So you don't have answer and are just being obtuse.

Good call because pointing to his games last year is probably not the best way to say he should be a starter considering he was mostly bad. 

I mean his best game featured on scoring drive over 40 yards. That happens weekly so sure.....
Reply/Quote
Of course they should. A decent backup QB is a nice luxury, but if someone offers you a 2nd rd pick for him, then imo you take it. There is more value in the pick then someone who probably won't play next year. Mccaron was okay I suppose, he handled the pressure well, but his overall performance was sub par. You could get a similar QB in the later rounds of the draft and be fine.
It's easy to see the world in black and white. Grey? I don't know what to do with grey.

Reply/Quote
http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2016/03/10/report-colin-kaepernick-is-broncos-chief-target/

It looks like the Broncos really want Kaepernick. Of course, if they can't work something out with the 49ers, they may turn their attention elsewhere. I'm sure they're pretty desperate.
The training, nutrition, medicine, fitness, playbooks and rules evolve. The athlete does not.
Reply/Quote
(03-10-2016, 01:56 PM)Shake n Blake Wrote: http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2016/03/10/report-colin-kaepernick-is-broncos-chief-target/

It looks like the Broncos really want Kaepernick. Of course, if they can't work something out with the 49ers, they may turn their attention elsewhere. I'm sure they're pretty desperate.

If the Jets can't get a deal done with Fitz they might get pretty desperate too.
Reply/Quote
(03-10-2016, 01:56 PM)Shake n Blake Wrote: http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2016/03/10/report-colin-kaepernick-is-broncos-chief-target/

For us, good. I said in another thread, AJM is a serviceable backup. Those aren't that easy to find, especially for what we're paying. Keep him on the roster.

For the Broncos, I don't think Kap is as bad as make him out to be, I've always thought he just needed better coaching. But... still... makes you laugh about what Elway said about how they want to build success.
Reply/Quote
(03-09-2016, 05:46 PM)Bengalbug Wrote: Emmanuel sanders for McCarron

I would love E-man on this team!
Reply/Quote