Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Should Trading McCarron Be Considered?
(03-09-2016, 09:49 PM)scottyd33 Wrote: I would agree. I'm just saying we are going to find ourselves in an Aaron Rodgers Brett Farve situation. McCarron is going to be a great NFL Qb. Not saying anything bad against Dalton. I love the way he played this year. But NO he did not win the prime time game...Lost to Houston on Monday night football. 

I'm just adding a twist to the thread that's all. McCarron came in and performed like a champ during arguable the hardest part of the schedule and showed he is going to be able to get the job done. Keep in mind this was his first NFL playing time. 

McCarron started 4 games and 2 of them were against the 49ers and Ravens (which happen to be his only wins). I think McCarron played pretty good, but people get really carried away. He didn't win any tough games and he choked in OT against the Broncos and most of the playoff game. He gets a bit of a pass for being a rook, but it still happened.

Good backup? Absolutely. I was pleased with his overall performance. Possible starter somewhere? Maybe. An Aaron Rodgers clone who is destined to take the league by storm and push Andy Dalton? If you think that, you're either a Dalton hater or a 'Bama fan.
The training, nutrition, medicine, fitness, playbooks and rules evolve. The athlete does not.
Reply/Quote
(03-09-2016, 10:05 PM)scottyd33 Wrote: How is there not a Qb competition here? Andy Dalton does not show up in the Big Game. He has not won a playoff game! The game he got hurt against Pitt he threw an interception on the goal line. He makes crucial errors at crucial times in the big games. 

All that said all I'm saying is McCarron could lead this team to the playoffs for cheaper and he is younger....free up money and get a draft pick out of it! It's a discussion forum after all isn't it!?! 

Because Dalton is a better QB than McCarron. Dalton has won big games. McCarron has not. He didn't lead us anywhere. Give all the credit in the world to the defense for that playoff game, not McCarron.
Check out my YouTube channel: https://www.youtube.com/user/AndWeGiveUp

[Image: Mx7IB2.png]
Reply/Quote
Trading any player should always be considered.
Now, will a team meet the price and demands? Not likely
Reply/Quote
(03-09-2016, 10:18 PM)RoyleRedlegs Wrote: Trading any player should always be considered.
Now, will a team meet the price and demands? Not likely

Not likely.

Like Hobson stated, the Bengals would be listening if a team offered a 2nd round pick. There's a couple teams that may look at him.

Reply/Quote
(03-09-2016, 10:07 PM)Shake n Blake Wrote: McCarron started 4 games and 2 of them were against the 49ers and Ravens (which happen to be his only wins). I think McCarron played pretty good, but people get really carried away. He didn't win any tough games and he choked in OT against the Broncos and most of the playoff game. He gets a bit of a pass for being a rook, but it still happened.

Good backup? Absolutely. I was pleased with his overall performance. Possible starter somewhere? Maybe. An Aaron Rodgers clone who is destined to take the league by storm and push Andy Dalton? If you think that, you're either a Dalton hater or a 'Bama fan.

Neither...but Dalton hasn't done anything either. Dalton plays pretty good too until a big game or the playoffs. Granted this year we will never know what could have happened. I've been a Dalton supporter and will continue to be. It's only discussion.... It wouldn't make you think at all what would you do if that situation presented itself? Either trade Mccaron for probably a third round pick or trade Dalton and get an extra first round pick and free up a lot of money...it's only thought! 
Reply/Quote
(03-09-2016, 10:19 PM)wolfkaosaun Wrote: Not likely.

Like Hobson stated, the Bengals would be listening if a team offered a 2nd round pick. There's a couple teams that may look at him.

Denver should offer pick 31 and not look back. 

Bengals draft Dak Prescott we all can be happy. 
Reply/Quote
(03-09-2016, 10:22 PM)RoyleRedlegs Wrote: Denver should offer pick 31 and not look back. 

Dak in the 3rd or 4th round maybe
Reply/Quote
(03-09-2016, 10:22 PM)RoyleRedlegs Wrote: Denver should offer pick 31 and not look back. 

I'd love Dak in the 3rd or 4th round. He has a lot of upside and has to refine some things, but definitely a quality backup I'd be all for.

Reply/Quote
(03-09-2016, 10:16 PM)wolfkaosaun Wrote: Y
Because Dalton is a better QB than McCarron. Dalton has won big games. McCarron has not. He didn't lead us anywhere. Give all the credit in the world to the defense for that playoff game, not McCarron.

McCarron brought us back in that game with some great passes in the rain. Yes the D played a big part in the game but so did McCarron. McCarron has won national championships. He can deal with the pressure. Dalton hasn't won a playoff game. If your happy with first round losses every year then ??
Reply/Quote
(03-09-2016, 10:30 PM)wolfkaosaun Wrote: I'd love Dak in the 3rd or 4th round. He has a lot of upside and has to refine some things, but definitely a quality backup I'd be all for.

He's my favorite QB in this draft based on skill/value when he could be had. 

He worked hard to be a better passer between 14 and 15. That's a good sign.

It's either him or the best QB in the draft, Matt Johnson.
Reply/Quote
(03-09-2016, 10:32 PM)scottyd33 Wrote: McCarron has won national championships. He can deal with the pressure. Dalton hasn't won a playoff game.

Dalton has won 3 Bowl games, including going undefeated his senior season and winning the Rose Bowl. And they beat a favored Wisconsin team.
McCarron has won 3 Bowl games, and yes won a championship game.

Dalton hasn't won a playoff game.
McCarron hasn't won a playoff game.

Try again.

Reply/Quote
(03-09-2016, 10:35 PM)RoyleRedlegs Wrote: He's my favorite QB in this draft based on skill/value when he could be had. 

He worked hard to be a better passer between 14 and 15. That's a good sign.

It's either him or the best QB in the draft, Matt Johnson.

I really like him.

The other guy I really like is Hackenberg. Yes. I know. Bad stats. But that kid knows his football and had horrendous offensive line help. He showed numerous times his football knowledge with audibles and knowing where to go, but that offense was a disaster. Given the right circumstance, I could see him being pretty similar to Palmer.

Reply/Quote
(03-09-2016, 10:50 PM)wolfkaosaun Wrote: I really like him.

The other guy I really like is Hackenberg. Yes. I know. Bad stats. But that kid knows his football and had horrendous offensive line help. He showed numerous times his football knowledge with audibles and knowing where to go, but that offense was a disaster. Given the right circumstance, I could see him being pretty similar to Boller.

Fixt for you
Reply/Quote
(03-09-2016, 10:50 PM)wolfkaosaun Wrote: I really like him.

The other guy I really like is Hackenberg. Yes. I know. Bad stats. But that kid knows his football and had horrendous offensive line help. He showed numerous times his football knowledge with audibles and knowing where to go, but that offense was a disaster. Given the right circumstance, I could see him being pretty similar to Palmer.

The QB from Penn St.? ( sorry, I don't follow college ball ). 

Yeah, I've got a good feeling about that kid. 
-That which we need most, will be found where we want to visit least.-
Reply/Quote
(03-09-2016, 10:51 PM)RoyleRedlegs Wrote: Fixt for you

I see what you did there

(03-09-2016, 10:56 PM)Devils Advocate Wrote: The QB from Penn St.? ( sorry, I don't follow college ball ). 

Yeah, I've got a good feeling about that kid. 

Correct. But it's all about where he goes. He needs weapons and an offensive line

Reply/Quote
AJ has 2 years left on his rookie deal. When his contract is up he's going to want to start somewhere. He's proven he can start on a team in this league. Trading him now with 2 years on a rookie contract is optimal. If someone waives a 2nd rounder in our face we should jump on it.
[Image: s4ed9rgnqb251.jpg]
Reply/Quote
(03-09-2016, 10:59 PM)yellowxdiscipline Wrote: AJ has 2 years left on his rookie deal. When his contract is up he's going to want to start somewhere. He's proven he can start on a team in this league. Trading him now with 2 years on a rookie contract is optimal. If someone waives a 2nd rounder in our face we should jump on it.

When? 
Reply/Quote
(03-09-2016, 11:03 PM)RoyleRedlegs Wrote: When? 

Really?
[Image: s4ed9rgnqb251.jpg]
Reply/Quote
(03-09-2016, 10:46 PM)wolfkaosaun Wrote: Dalton has won 3 Bowl games, including going undefeated his senior season and winning the Rose Bowl. And they beat a favored Wisconsin team.
McCarron has won 3 Bowl games, and yes won a championship game.

Dalton hasn't won a playoff game.
McCarron hasn't won a playoff game.

Try again.

Dalton has had 4 tries at it
McCarron 1 after being thrown into the mix. 
McCarron didn't lose his game
Dalton lost those playoff games with his interceptions and fumbles
Reply/Quote
(03-09-2016, 11:05 PM)yellowxdiscipline Wrote: Really?

Yes. 
When did he prove he could start in this league? 
Reply/Quote