Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 1 Average
Should We Start AJ McCarron?
Did anyone watch the end of last year? Paul Dehner Jr. and I got McCarron questions in our Facebook Live pregame hit, too. It's literally ridiculous thinking.
Beat writer for Cincinnati.com & The Enquirer. Follow along on Twitter, Facebook, Instagram and Periscope.
Reply/Quote
Statistically it's almost over. Once that happens put in AJ, until then just STFU!
Reply/Quote
(11-21-2016, 02:55 AM)jowczarski Wrote: Did anyone watch the end of last year? Paul Dehner Jr. and I got McCarron questions in our Facebook Live pregame hit, too. It's literally ridiculous thinking.

What is ridiculous thinking? Cause he blamed the rain?  He did have a good point it rained harder when we had the ball. The times it let up, that's when pitt moved the ball. 

Iknow mccaron played in spirts last year, meaning hed drive maybe in the 2nd and forth quarter seemed like, but he does go through his progressuons better and poised in the pocket with only 4 games under his belt. 
Reply/Quote
This is Andy's team, the organization has invested an awful lot into Andy and I don't think there's any reason to put AJM on the field. If he struggles, it might hurt trade value. If he gets hurt, that's even worse. If he wins out and the Bengals win the division, what do you do, give the keys back to Andy?

There's no way anyone should even consider putting AJM on the field the rest of this year unless Andy gets hurt. Of all the possible outcomes, every single one of them is bad.

AJM injury
AJM struggles and trade value drops
AJM dominates and QB controversy/drama

If I were the Bengals GM I would have traded Andy to the Broncos in the offseason and AJM would be my starting QB right now, and the team wouldn't be in the mess they're in. But that ship has sailed. AJM's getting Chinese inspection and he won't see a football field until a) Andy gets hurt or b) he signs elsewhere. Fully believe that if the Bengals didn't trade him this past offseason or after Teddy Bridgewater went down, they aren't trading him at all. For them, he's a cheap and capable backup and that's what they want to get out of the equation.

I think AJM's going to be a SB winner somewhere else, and a star in this league. But the Bengals view him as something........... less.

I think Hue Jackson values him as something more, but the Bengals will never let those two reunite.

Let Andy build chemistry with Boyd on the field. That's about the best thing that can happen the rest of the year.
Reply/Quote
Why do people act like Dalton is this great one of a kind QB? The Dude has never won anything even with the best talent in the NFL around him. Just look at his prime time , big game, playoff numbers. I just dont get it. He is why they came up with the Andy Dalton scale. If your QB is better than him you have a good one, if He is not well then you have a bad one. I don't hate the guy or nothing , I just seen what he has to offer and I think its time to move on. I never wanted him in the first place, but I rooted for him.. I just think its time for a new direction..
Reply/Quote
Yes, I want to see what he's got.

"Better send those refunds..."

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
I do not think AJ should start, but I'd have zero problem with them pulling him when he is not getting it done (Everybody knows Sam did it with Kenny). Let him and the OC/QB coach watch AJ in live time and figure out where the problem lies.
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

Reply/Quote
(11-22-2016, 12:41 PM)bfine32 Wrote: I do not think AJ should start, but I'd have zero problem with them pulling him when he is not getting it done (Everybody knows Sam did it with Kenny). Let him and the OC/QB coach watch AJ in live time and figure out where the problem lies.

I wouldn't have much problem with this. Even Steve Young got benched during a bad game. They won the SB after that.
The training, nutrition, medicine, fitness, playbooks and rules evolve. The athlete does not.
Reply/Quote
(11-22-2016, 01:54 PM)Shake n Blake Wrote: I wouldn't have much problem with this. Even Steve Young got benched during a bad game. They won the SB after that.

Hell naw man, let's see what he's got.  Anchors away!

"Better send those refunds..."

Reply/Quote
(11-22-2016, 03:11 PM)Wyche Wrote: Hell naw man, let's see what he's got.  Anchors away!

Alright already. You talked me into it. Full steam ahead with McCarron!
The training, nutrition, medicine, fitness, playbooks and rules evolve. The athlete does not.
Reply/Quote
(11-20-2016, 09:36 PM)JumboTron Wrote: No.  I like AJ but no.  You ride with Dalton.

Same here. I like AJM, but Dalton is my ride or die.

Wait... did I use that term wrong? I'm not sure any more.

Mellow
Reply/Quote
(11-22-2016, 06:45 PM)Shake n Blake Wrote: Alright already. You talked me into it. Full steam ahead with McCarron!

I'm also on board!  I can see how benching Dalton when he's one of the few people who seems to actually give a crap about this franchise could be a real turning point! We seem to be losing because of a kicker we signed to a lifetime contract in 2010, a HC we signed to a lifetime contract in 2003, and an o-line coach we signed to a lifetime contract in 1972, so really Dalton should have thought of this BEFORE he signed on to be the QB here.

But let's not forget that we need to shit-can McCarron after a few games and see if Wenning and/or Driskell are magical, too!  No getting all attached to McCarron, deal? Is Dan LeFevour still on Mike's speed-dial? Ha, I bet Mike Brown still uses a landline with speed-dial. Actually, I think LeFevour is still in the CFL and there ain't no way Mikey boy is paying long distance charges.
Reply/Quote