Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 3 Average
Should Wilkins be #1 FA target if not tagged?
If the Dolphins end up not tagging Christian Wilkins, should he be the Bengals #1 priority once the legal tampering period rolls around?

Reply/Quote
(01-15-2024, 08:06 PM)Bengalholic Wrote: If the Dolphins end up not tagging Christian Wilkins, should he be the Bengals #1 priority once the legal tampering period rolls around?

Right on, he'd look nice on the DL and then allow Duke to focus on a different position at pick 18.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
I'm hardly ever in favor of random outside free agents for huge contracts but Christian Wilkins is definitely worth it.

My big 3 are Christian Wilkins, Noah Fant, and Chibidoe Awuize. (Tee Tag is a given).
I have the Heart of a Lion! I also have a massive fine and a lifetime ban from the Pittsburgh Zoo...

Reply/Quote
(01-15-2024, 08:09 PM)TecmoBengals Wrote: Right on, he'd look nice on the DL and then allow Duke to focus on a different position at pick 18.

Imo a young talented Dtackle that’s proven is what the bengals should do in FA and then draft the Right Tackle for the future at 18. Let tee walk and take his replacement in round 2. They almost automatic at WR in 2
Reply/Quote
Potentially a big upgrade, but also I am always hesitant on the big guys who have large statistical breakouts on their contract year. Makes you wonder why they didn't have it prior to impending FA, and if it'll continue after they get paid.

[Image: jamarr-chase.gif]
Reply/Quote
Like Tee...Wilkins is also represented by David Mulugheta. 
Reply/Quote
(01-15-2024, 08:20 PM)Bengalholic Wrote: Like Tee...Wilkins is also represented by David Mulugheta. 

And recruited and coached by Marion Hobby at Clemson
Romo “ so impressed with Zac ...1 of the best in the NFL… they are just fundamentally sound. Taylor the best winning % in the Playoffs of current coaches. Joe Burrow” Zac is the best head coach in the NFL & that gives me a lot of confidence." Taylor led the Bengals to their first playoff win since 1990, ending the longest active drought in the four major North American sports, en and appeared in Super Bowl LVI, the first since 1988.

Reply/Quote
(01-15-2024, 08:11 PM)Synric Wrote: I'm hardly ever in favor of random outside free agents for huge contracts but Christian Wilkins is definitely worth it.

My big 3 are Christian Wilkins, Noah Fant, and Chibidoe Awuize. (Tee Tag is a given).

Awuize really got lit up in the 2nd half of the season
Are you sure you want him back ?
Reply/Quote
(01-15-2024, 11:05 PM)impactplaya Wrote: Awuize really got lit up in the 2nd half of the season

Depends if you want to watch Turner get torched again and again......
Reply/Quote
Christian Wilkins is still very likely a franchise tag candidate, as is Madubuike.

Leonard Williams, Grover Stewart are possibilities. Javon Kinlaw is a solid pass rusher but terrible run stopper.

Reply/Quote
(01-15-2024, 11:05 PM)impactplaya Wrote: Awuize really got lit up in the 2nd half of the season

I'd gladly take Chido back.  He should be fully healthy and good to go next season, many CBs coming off ACL surgery have a down year.  We likely sign a vet CB, might as well be Awuzie since he knows the defense, assuming he is affordable.

Reply/Quote
(01-15-2024, 11:19 PM)casear2727 Wrote: I'd gladly take Chido back.  He should be fully healthy and good to go next season, many CBs coming off ACL surgery have a down year.  We likely sign a vet CB, might as well be Awuzie since he knows the defense, assuming he is affordable.

Totally agree, hoping his down year makes him somewhat affordable
Reply/Quote
Tag Tee.
Sign Wilkins.
Sign more quality DT depth.
Trade up for Bowers.
Find a quality RT.

Daggers for the rest of the league.
[Image: Screenshot-2022-02-02-154836.png]
The boys are just talkin' ball, babyyyy
Reply/Quote
(01-15-2024, 08:20 PM)Bengalholic Wrote: Like Tee...Wilkins is also represented by David Mulugheta. 

The Bengals need to figure out how to work with this guy and start doing some guaranteed money or they will continue to put themselves at a big disadvantage. 
[Image: Screenshot-2022-02-02-154836.png]
The boys are just talkin' ball, babyyyy
Reply/Quote
(01-15-2024, 08:20 PM)TheLeonardLeap Wrote: Potentially a big upgrade, but also I am always hesitant on the big guys who have large statistical breakouts on their contract year. Makes you wonder why they didn't have it prior to impending FA, and if it'll continue after they get paid.

He had a career high in sacks this year at 10 but the previous two years he did have 5 sacks each season with PFF grades of 83.3 and 85.1 so he has been pretty good the last 3 years.  I still think I would rather have Madubuike since he is two years younger at 26 vs Wilkins at 28.  I would take either one if we could get them.  We only have one good DT on the roster right now with BJ Hill and he will be going into the last year of his contract in 2024
Reply/Quote
(01-15-2024, 11:24 PM)WeezyBengal Wrote: Tag Tee.
Sign Wilkins.
Sign more quality DT depth.
Trade up for Bowers.
Find a quality RT.

Daggers for the rest of the league.

Bowers is continually mocked to the Chargers at #5, if they hire Harbaugh he likely takes Bowers.  That means we would have to move up to 4th and convince the Cards not to take the best OT in the draft, not to mention it would likely cost us at the least this years 1st Rd pick, and next year's 1st rd pick, and one or two more lower picks.  That is a lot for a TE.

Reply/Quote
Try to trade a first to ATL for Pitts if you willing to trade it. It’ll take a lot less to get him then get down to Bowers.

The Bowers dream was over when we decided we wanted the team to win a couple more meaningless games.

Last year was the year of the TE. This class……

Don’t tag Tee, try to sign Pittman to a long term deal to compliment Chase. Or another equal caliber replacement like that. Try to get WR2 locked down for multiple years.

Tee’s hamstring issues are troublesome.

Quote:"Success doesn’t mean every single move they make is good" ~ Anonymous 
"Let not the dumb have to educate" ~ jj22
Reply/Quote
(01-15-2024, 11:11 PM)sandwedge Wrote: Depends if you want to watch Turner get torched again and again......
Turner was also a rookie who has tremendous upside.
I never saw Turner give up 100 plus yards to 
A WR this year unlike Awuzie. Rewind to the 2nd Steelers game. What was Awuzie"s PFF grade this year?
Reply/Quote
We need a starting quality CB who wont break the bank. And we know a healthy Awuzie can be at the very least our Eli Apple in the secondary for another year. Especially with Lou returning.

Quote:"Success doesn’t mean every single move they make is good" ~ Anonymous 
"Let not the dumb have to educate" ~ jj22
Reply/Quote
(01-15-2024, 11:44 PM)jj22 Wrote: Try to trade a first to ATL for Pitts if you willing to trade it. It’ll take a lot less to get him then get down to Bowers.

The Bowers dream was over when we decided we wanted the team to win a couple more meaningless games.

Last year was the year of the TE. This class……

Don’t tag Tee, try to sign Pittman to a long term deal to compliment Chase. Or another equal caliber replacement like that. Try to get WR2 locked down for multiple years.

Tee’s hamstring issues are troublesome.

4real? The dream was over when "we" decided we wanted the team to win? 

There was an equal amount of fans who wanted us to lose out, so I really doubt "fan vote" had much to do with it.

Personally I'm glad the team never gave up the fight
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

Reply/Quote