Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Should a state give tax incentives for something to be used as an evangelical tool
http://www.cnn.com/2016/06/21/opinions/kentucky-ark-costello/index.html

for the hopes of possible tourism dollars?
People suck
No.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Not as long as employees are required to sign a faith statement.
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

(06-21-2016, 04:55 PM)bfine32 Wrote: Not as long as employees are required to sign a faith statement.

This is where I am at as well.   I would like to know more about these and if they are forced to sign them 
Welp, this was the easiest topic we have ever had on here. Good Job! haha
(06-21-2016, 04:55 PM)bfine32 Wrote: Not as long as employees are required to sign a faith statement.

(06-21-2016, 05:34 PM)StLucieBengal Wrote: This is where I am at as well.   I would like to know more about these and if they are forced to sign them 

they shouldnt get them regardless of if they have to sign a statement of faith or not
People suck
The question is should taxpayer money go towards ANY thing that many taxpayers would not want? I personally don't think abortions should be paid for with taxpayer money, for example. I obviously wouldn't mind this ark thing being paid for by taxpayers, but given what I just said, I can understand those that think otherwise.

So, the answer, IMO, simply is should taxpayer money go towards anything that taxpayers may not like? If the answer is no, then that means that ALL those "controversial" things then, not just religious. So no tax breaks/incentives/what have you to this ark, to abortion doctors/clinics/etc, to mosques/synagogues/churchs, to birth control, etc. I'd, personally, rather be all inclusive and let the whiney babies (be they religious or otherwise) cry in their bottles. So if that means tax-funded abortions, so be it (as long as abortion is legal, that is). However, that's just me. I know that I don't always represent the majority Christian mindset (unfortunately).
[Image: giphy.gif]
(06-23-2016, 12:52 PM)PhilHos Wrote: The question is should taxpayer money go towards ANY thing that many taxpayers would not want? I personally don't think abortions should be paid for with taxpayer money, for example. I obviously wouldn't mind this ark thing being paid for by taxpayers, but given what I just said, I can understand those that think otherwise.

So, the answer, IMO, simply is should taxpayer money go towards anything that taxpayers may not like? If the answer is no, then that means that ALL those "controversial" things then, not just religious. So no tax breaks/incentives/what have you to this ark, to abortion doctors/clinics/etc, to mosques/synagogues/churchs, to birth control, etc. I'd, personally, rather be all inclusive and let the whiney babies (be they religious or otherwise) cry in their bottles. So if that means tax-funded abortions, so be it (as long as abortion is legal, that is). However, that's just me. I know that I don't always represent the majority Christian mindset (unfortunately).

the ark atrocity shouldn't get the incentives based on separation of church and state
People suck
(06-23-2016, 12:52 PM)PhilHos Wrote: The question is should taxpayer money go towards ANY thing that many taxpayers would not want? I personally don't think abortions should be paid for with taxpayer money, for example. I obviously wouldn't mind this ark thing being paid for by taxpayers, but given what I just said, I can understand those that think otherwise.

Tax money does not go to abortions, first off.

Secondly I think anything that designed to help the less fortunate like a clinic should be helped.

Privately owned things like stadiums and arks should not get tax breaks.
Your anger and ego will always reveal your true self.
How dare he!  Men should be out taking women lest those men be looked down on by more manly men!   Cool

http://deadstate.org/creationist-theme-park-founder-forces-employees-to-sign-celibacy-pledge/

Quote:Creationist theme park founder forces employees to sign celibacy pledge

Creationist crusader Ken Ham bragged that the construction of his “Ark Encounter” theme park in Williamstown, Kentucky would bring lots of jobs to the surrounding community. But it turns out those jobs will only be available to the chaste.

According to a report from Fox13Now, Ham requires all park employees to sign a statement declaring their belief in young earth creationism (the literal biblical interpretation that says the earth was created in 6 days and 6 nights, rejecting scientific evidence that the earth is 4.5 billion-years-old) and that homosexuality and pre-marital sex are sins – all in light of the park’s $18 million in sales tax incentives. The main attraction of the park is a “life-sized” replica of Noah’s Ark, measuring 510 feet long, 85 feet wide and 8 stories high.

The endeavor has received some backlash from local residents. Speaking to Fox13Now, Baptist minister Bob Fox said that he’s worried about what precedent the project will set for the separation of church and state.

“I believe, as a Baptist, in the separation of Church and State and I don’t think that the state ought to be involved in promoting any particular religious views,” he said.

“There’s kinds of laws called ‘Sharia,’ where people have used legislation and the government to promote a religious faith, and I think we as Christians need to be careful that we continue to be Christian, and to be Christian in the context of the United States,” he added.
Noah's father was a polygamist.

Noah's grandchildren children were incesteous.

So why can't the workers just be required to follow those standards?
(06-23-2016, 04:41 PM)fredtoast Wrote: Noah's father was a polygamist.

wonder if the restaurant will serve food of animals that had split hooves and chewed their own cud

wonder if the employees will have clothes made of two separate fabrics

will their hair and their beards be trimmed?

and the most obvious one is will women be paid less than men?
People suck
Creationist crusader Ken Ham bragged that the construction of his “Ark Encounter” theme park in Williamstown, Kentucky would bring lots of jobs to the surrounding community

Noah had a son named Ham. Noah got so drunk on wine that he passed out naked. Ham saw him naked so Noah cursed not just Ham, but all of his decendents forever, to be slaves.
(06-23-2016, 04:41 PM)fredtoast Wrote: Noah's father was a polygamist.

That...THAT...is brilliant!

Rep.
Ken Ham is a nut job. 

WTS, I have tickets. 

"The measure of a man's intelligence can be seen in the length of his argument."
(06-23-2016, 10:49 PM)rfaulk34 Wrote: Ken Ham is a nut job. 

WTS, I have tickets. 

Wanna take me ?
Just don't try to poke me in the aft.
Ninja
(06-23-2016, 04:29 PM)GMDino Wrote: How dare he!  Men should be out taking women lest those men be looked down on by more manly men!   Cool

http://deadstate.org/creationist-theme-park-founder-forces-employees-to-sign-celibacy-pledge/

It's funny that you posted this one haha 

You could have worked there for most of your life ... 
(06-24-2016, 02:41 AM)StLucieBengal Wrote: It's funny that you posted this one haha 

You could have worked there for most of your life ... 

You should take your 'kids' there lolhahHlolhahahLololool

Too bad it's not an option. 
(06-24-2016, 03:20 AM)Vas Deferens Wrote: You should take your 'kids' there lolhahHlolhahahLololool

Too bad it's not an option. 

maybe his mom will take him there if she can coax him out of the basement
People suck