Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Should the Bengals hire Tom House?
Just read a very interesting article on Cincy Jungle. I'll post the link at the bottom.

It talked about Tom House working with all 4 of the Bengals QBs. They had him come in yesterday to evaluate all 4 Qbs he worked with. See if the Home Work he gave them paid off. See if they are sticking to the fixes and not regressing.

The article goes on to state that Dalton in his first 6 games last season was graded very well just below Peyton Manning. Then after game six he declined. They seem to be attributing this to Dalton falling back on old mechanic/habits.
The article talks about That Dalton having at least 1 other QB on the roster who was with him at the Camp would help him. Keep each other from falling back into old habits.

If this is true...why not just Hire Tom House to make sure that Dalton doesn't fall back into old habits and regress.
or at least during the season fly Tom house in a few times just to work with Dalton say once a month.

I don't know House schedule or even if he'd be willing to do it. But if he would I don't see why the Bengals should not.

http://www.cincyjungle.com/2015/5/28/8676691/tom-house-mentoring-all-4-bengals-qbs

please don't let this devolve into a mindless Dalton Thread.
House coming in would benefit AJ Maccaron as well.
[Image: 2qGWGd.png]
Reply/Quote
Pretty sure House would have no interest in that. He works as an independent contractor with many pitchers and QB's. Who could afford to put him on salary? Why would he want to cut his clientele down to four guys?
JOHN ROBERTS: From time to time in the years to come, I hope you will be treated unfairly so that you will come to know the value of justice... I wish you bad luck, again, from time to time so that you will be conscious of the role of chance in life and understand that your success is not completely deserved and that the failure of others is not completely deserved either.
Reply/Quote
I would be all for it, but I'm not sure House would be interested in working for just one team. He may enjoy the freedom to work with whatever clients he wants to, wherever and whenever he wants.
Reply/Quote
I could see him getting hired here if you replaced most of the QBs on his resume with the statement "Related to/friends with Mike Brown."

Ok, I'm being cynical, but you know.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(05-28-2015, 11:47 AM)MizzouBengal Wrote: I would be all for it, but I'm not sure House would be interested in working for just one team. He may enjoy the freedom to work with whatever clients he wants to, wherever and whenever he wants.

This^

We wouldn't allow him to then work with Brady, Bress, ect. so why would he bother? I'm sure he has plenty of money anyways.
Reply/Quote
(05-28-2015, 12:22 PM)GreenCornBengal Wrote: This^

We wouldn't allow him to then work with Brady, Bress, ect. so why would he bother? I'm sure he has plenty of money anyways.

In that case the 2nd idea I proposed was to just fly him in once a month for a session or two with Dalton to make sure he doesn't regress
Reply/Quote
I've been saying what you said in the OP since the 6th week of last season......and you know who's shoulders that falls on? Zampese. Why in the hell can't he see these bad traits and correct them? He's the QB coach, right? He needs axed nine years ago.

As for, House, sure.....I'd like him here, but I gotta echo others' sentiments here. It ain't happenin'.

Two words for your QB coach: Sam. Wyche. Look at his pupils.....

"Better send those refunds..."

Reply/Quote
(05-28-2015, 01:53 PM)Wyche Wrote: I've been saying what you said in the OP since the 6th week of last season......and you know who's shoulders that falls on?  Zampese.  Why in the hell can't he see these bad traits and correct them?  He's the QB coach, right?  He needs axed nine years ago.

As for, House, sure.....I'd like him here, but I gotta echo others' sentiments here.  It ain't happenin'.

Two words for your QB coach:  Sam. Wyche.  Look at his pupils.....

Every QB we've had has regressed under Zampese ! How "they" don't see this and get a new QB coach dumbfounds me.
Reply/Quote
(05-28-2015, 01:59 PM)bengalfan74 Wrote: Every QB we've had has regressed under Zampese ! How "they" don't see this and get a new QB coach dumbfounds me.

Yep I've been saying this for years.  I guess it's never going to happen.
Reply/Quote
(05-28-2015, 02:44 PM)BonnieBengal Wrote: Yep I've been saying this for years.  I guess it's never going to happen.

Agreed, not sure how this guy is a QB 'guru'. Even when he talks about qb's he sounds clueless.
Reply/Quote
(05-28-2015, 11:47 AM)MizzouBengal Wrote: I would be all for it, but I'm not sure House would be interested in working for just one team. He may enjoy the freedom to work with whatever clients he wants to, wherever and whenever he wants.

Exactly......  no way in hell he'd choose Cincinnati to make his permanent job location, especially when he has his program established in California and is so good that he has QBs like Brady and Brees traveling to him to work with him.

To Hybrid's point, though, it would be nice if we could fly him out here a few times a year to make sure that Dalton's mechanics are on point.  I'd say that we could have Dalton just film his sessions with House and then just watch them during the season, but there's still things that Dalton most likely wouldn't notice he's doing or not doing that House would pick up on.

We can at least be hopeful that more work with House with make Dalton's mechanics more permanent.  If not, Dalton needs to sit down after a bad game, watch tape and say "I wasn't doing that when I was having success," or even just call House or video conference with him to get his perspective and help.
Reply/Quote
(05-28-2015, 01:59 PM)bengalfan74 Wrote: Every QB we've had has regressed under Zampese ! How "they" don't see this and get a new QB coach dumbfounds me.

Also, I feel this way about our TE coach. Rememebr chase Coffman? Gresham? Eifert still needs to impress (but that is injury so there is hope). I'm not going to get too high on any of the TEs based on the fact that Hayes is still our TE coach.
Reply/Quote
(05-28-2015, 03:21 PM)GreenCornBengal Wrote: Also, I feel this way about our TE coach. Rememebr chase Coffman? Gresham? Eifert still needs to impress (but that is injury so there is hope). I'm not going to get too high on any of the TEs based on the fact that Hayes is still our TE coach.

Yyyyuuuuuuuuuuuppppppppppp!!!!!!!!!!

Reply/Quote
THE interesting part about the coaches still being here.

Usually when a new Coordinator comes in they get to choose their staff or at least have a right to choose and add a few.
Gruden and Hue both did not get that option.

Alexander
Hayes
Zampese all still here
Reply/Quote
(05-28-2015, 04:21 PM)Lqhybrid25 Wrote: THE interesting part about the coaches still being here.

Usually when a new Coordinator comes in they get to choose their staff or at least have a right to choose and add a few.

Alexander
Hayes
Zampese all still here

Don't bring Alexander into this, Fred toast is nearby Ninja

But really I wouldn't put Alexander with those other two
Reply/Quote
I remember talking about this last offseason, how Dalton working with Tom should be a slap in the face of Zampese! Now all 4 QB's on the roster are working with House, that has to be a kick in the lower area! Not only is Tom House doing Zampese's job for him, Dalton clearly recommended Tom for the other 3 QB's this past offseason. So Yes, the Bengals should hire him, yet we know both The Bengals won't and I doubt House would as well, for reasons previously stated.
Reply/Quote
(05-28-2015, 04:21 PM)Lqhybrid25 Wrote: THE interesting part about the coaches still being here.

Alexander
Hayes
Zampese all still here

Hell man, even Marv got saddled with the Piano Man....

Reply/Quote
I'm iffy about it because Tom House doesn't really know football. He just knows throwing mechanics. He wouldn't be able to help Dalton go through reads nor how to sense pressure. So it's like a double-edged sword. House is great with mechanics, but he knows very little about playing quarterback.

But one thing I found interesting was from Pryor, saying “This is the first time I really ran into a quarterbacks coach that fixes you. He always talks about feet and the little stuff that matters.”

Also, House doesn't talk to them anything football wise, just throwing motions.

I'd be all for him getting hired, but I doubt he would leave California to come to Cincinnati. Guy gets numerous quarterbacks traveling to him while he hangs out at home.
Reply/Quote
(05-28-2015, 11:19 AM)Lqhybrid25 Wrote: Just read a very interesting article on Cincy Jungle. I'll post the link at the bottom.

It talked about Tom House working with all 4 of the Bengals QBs. They had him come in yesterday to evaluate all 4 Qbs he worked with. See if the Home Work he gave them paid off. See if they are sticking to the fixes and not regressing.

The article goes on to state that Dalton in his first 6 games last season was graded very well just below Peyton Manning. Then after game six he declined. They seem to be attributing this to Dalton falling back on old mechanic/habits.
The article talks about That Dalton having at least 1 other QB on the roster who was with him at the Camp would help him. Keep each other from falling back into old habits.

If this is true...why not just Hire Tom House to make sure that Dalton doesn't fall back into old habits and regress.
or at least during the season fly Tom house in a few times just to work with Dalton say once a month.

I don't know House schedule or even if he'd be willing to do it. But if he would I don't see why the Bengals should not.

http://www.cincyjungle.com/2015/5/28/8676691/tom-house-mentoring-all-4-bengals-qbs

please don't let this devolve into a mindless Dalton Thread.
House coming in would benefit AJ Maccaron as well.

Question...........Why would Tom House work for an individual team when he has the ability to work with every QB in the league right now and get paid to do so?
Reply/Quote
(05-28-2015, 11:47 AM)xxlt Wrote: Pretty sure House would have no interest in that. He works as an independent contractor with many pitchers and QB's. Who could afford to put him on salary? Why would he want to cut his clientele down to four guys?

/thread
Reply/Quote