Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Should we bring back Kevin Coyle as an assistant?
(10-08-2015, 09:16 PM)RoyleRedlegs Wrote: If PG doesn't fix the defense with a 98% healthy defense, he could easily be gone in favor of Joseph who should be kept under all circumstances. 

LBs are a probelm....PG was the LB coach now he's the DC and LBs are a problem....

Well, i don't disagree but i doubt it happens.

Paulie G definately needs to get this Defense to tackle better but it is not like Joseph's Secondary is tackling great either.
(10-08-2015, 10:03 PM)bonesaw Wrote: Vontaze took the man to Hawaii with him.  We haven't drafted any except Sean Porter and he was a 4th rounder who's always hurt.  

I like DC Paulie G and when Burflict gets back we will be throwing shut outs.  Most of our yardage has been giving up on missed tackles.  Granted he should fix that as DC but he will.

True, too early to count out ole Paulie and i hope you are right that he will fix the tackling problem.

Plus, i might add that the us being ranked so low in pass Defense has a big deal with our team being up pretty much the entire season so far. Teams have to pass the ball when they are down, which means they will automatically put up more yards in the passing game.

Fix the tackling and this should be one of the best Defense's in the league no question.
Reply/Quote
(10-08-2015, 10:03 PM)bonesaw Wrote: Vontaze took the man to Hawaii with him.  We haven't drafted any except Sean Porter and he was a 4th rounder who's always hurt.  

I like DC Paulie G and when Burflict gets back we will be throwing shut outs.  Most of our yardage has been giving up on missed tackles.  Granted he should fix that as DC but he will.

have to really look at this right here..

Many of us were not happy we kept DL coach Hayes after some bad years.. but when you looked at it we had not invested much at the position over the years... Now he has a few decent draft picks No 1st rounders but some 2nd and 3rds and a gem in geno and look how our DL turned around.

Our linebacker core has Rey M who was a second and some undrafteds and AJ Hawk (who has had a great career in GB) and is new to the system. Getting burfict back doesnt raise the Draft value but it does help the Defense. our CBs are all almost former 1st rounders so the CB coach should be doing a good job.
Reply/Quote
(10-05-2015, 04:11 PM)Shake n Blake Wrote: Yeah because a DC can control the entire culture of a franchise.  :snark: 

Honestly, their ownership has always seemed like a mess. They had that deal with Incognito a couple years ago. Now Suh is being a cancer (and that's a term I do not throw around lightly). I have trouble blaming Coyle here. His defense was great when everyone bought in. We saw that first hand...twice. Most of these players knew what the system was when they put the pen to the paper of their contract. Now that have a problem?

That locker room is completely lost and that's not Coyle's fault. I'd bring him back if Zim doesn't get him first.
This
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
Tough luck for Coyle. He can probably coach positions anywhere in defense short of Dline and like most here I'd love to keep Joseph, but since we want to keep him in stripes he'll probably end up in Shitzburg.
My pessimistic side is creeping up.
In the immortal words of my old man, "Wait'll you get to be my age!"

Chicago sounds rough to the maker of verse, but the one comfort we have is Cincinnati sounds worse. ~Oliver Wendal Holmes Sr.

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote