Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Shout out to Oline
(09-14-2018, 08:58 AM)Luvnit2 Wrote: It is the NFL, great coaching and great players so yes the defenses we play will win battles against us.

But, all we heard from the media and our fans was the right side of OL is horrible, they should be tarred and feathered in their eyes. The OL went against one of the best front 7's in the NFL, they won and they won big. They won when Hopkins replaced Price. They shut down Suggs, some predicted he would get 4 sacks since Hunt got 2.

Fun game and tells us the OL has hope, players can get better, we saw it in 4 days.

The Ravens Defense is old, that helped us A LOT.
Reply/Quote
Did Redmond have any penalties? I cannot remember.
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(09-14-2018, 10:45 AM)bfine32 Wrote: Did Redmond have any penalties? I cannot remember.

Yea he had one holding call in the 2nd half.
Reply/Quote
(09-14-2018, 10:48 AM)Au165 Wrote: Yea he had one holding call in the 2nd half.

I was thinking it was him that jumped on that one little 3rd qtr drive we had going, maybe it was holding ? Anyways it killed that drive.

But overall fantastic job by the entire line.
Reply/Quote
(09-14-2018, 07:54 AM)psychdoctor Wrote: Kirkpatrick doesn't suck.  He had a solid game.  Hands of stone yes, but he played well.  

He sucks.
Reply/Quote
(09-14-2018, 10:48 AM)Au165 Wrote: Yea he had one holding call in the 2nd half.

Not too bad
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

Reply/Quote
(09-14-2018, 02:06 AM)Socal Bengals fan Wrote: Great Game.  I was wrong.  Getting a new coach definitely does make a difference

Someone should put that post in the HOF, Socal just admitted to being wrong.   Ninja 

On a serious note, the OL looked better than they did on Sunday.  They really seem to be buying into Pollack's coaching, and are settling in as a unit.  Particularly proud of the interior guys, they did a good job of creating running lanes and keeping defenders out of Andy's face.  Carolina will be a real test for these guys, but by mid-season, they should be a well oiled machine.

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
Did we have one single game last season where we didn’t give up a sack?

Reply/Quote
really impressed with Hopkins. Boling is playing at a pro bowl level. I guess its true what many posters on here told me that Boling would look much better with a better supporting cast.
Reply/Quote
(09-14-2018, 09:39 AM)Big Boss Wrote: The PI call on Kirkpatrick was bullshit.  Infuriating really.

You tell me how lightly tugging on the back of a guy's jersey and not slowing him down in the slightest is "interfering" with a play.

That was a TV ratings call, imo.  A lot more people would have turned the game off at halftime if the Ravens hadn't scored that TD.

Bad calls are gonna happen, but the team has done a great job keeping their poise and not going off the deep end when it's happened so far this year.
Reply/Quote
those pi calls didn't bother me. Reason why we got 2 gift calls of our own the 1 roughing the passer on Dalton. That opening AJ Green drop appeared to be a fumble to me as well
Reply/Quote
(09-14-2018, 11:52 AM)SunsetBengal Wrote: Someone should put that post in the HOF, Socal just admitted to being wrong.   Ninja 

On a serious note, the OL looked better than they did on Sunday.  They really seem to be buying into Pollack's coaching, and are settling in as a unit.  Particularly proud of the interior guys, they did a good job of creating running lanes and keeping defenders out of Andy's face.  Carolina will be a real test for these guys, but by mid-season, they should be a well oiled machine.

I don't think Andy knows what to do without his C in his lap on every pass play.  

It's a combination of things, though.  The OL has better players than last year and is responding well to Pollack's coaching. Mixon is killing it, and that's keeping the defense off balance.  The up tempo offense is gassing the opposing pass rushers.  Andy was a surgeon against the blitz in the first half.  Baltimore had a game plan to blitz Andy and beat him and he torched them so badly that they said "No mas!" and went with a 4 man rush most of the second half.
Reply/Quote
(09-14-2018, 12:27 PM)Whatever Wrote: I don't think Andy knows what to do without his C in his lap on every pass play.  

It's a combination of things, though.  The OL has better players than last year and is responding well to Pollack's coaching. Mixon is killing it, and that's keeping the defense off balance.  The up tempo offense is gassing the opposing pass rushers.  Andy was a surgeon against the blitz in the first half.  Baltimore had a game plan to blitz Andy and beat him and he torched them so badly that they said "No mas!" and went with a 4 man rush most of the second half.

They'll have to be on their "A" game versus Carolina.  That Panthers front seven ain't no joke.  Could very well be the best set of LBs that they face all year.

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
(09-14-2018, 01:18 PM)SunsetBengal Wrote: They'll have to be on their "A" game versus Carolina.  That Panthers front seven ain't no joke.  Could very well be the best set of LBs that they face all year.

God Carolina is gonna be tough.. no idea how our LBs are going to handle Cam running around. It’ll be an interesting game.
Reply/Quote
(09-14-2018, 09:27 AM)higgy100 Wrote: He might not be the best each and every game but it's the dumbest comment by far in this thread regarding Dre K last night. Guy played a great game. Blanket coverage on a perfect TD toss, had a terrible PI call on him that should have been a holding call at the worst., made great open field plays, broke up passes, etc.

You obviously have no clue how these guys get graded and just how tough it is to be a CB in this league....Is he a top 5-10 CB? Absolutely not but he had one heck of a game last night......

2 terrible PI calls gave the Ravens 13 points last night and this is a team that put 48 on the board a week ago..

Lmao chill i didn’t mean to upset you talking about your boyfriend but he’s average at best. I get playing with William Jackson means he’ll face a lot more targets and i get the PI call was questionable even tho i thought denards was worse. But Dre is overpaid and overdramatic
Who Dey!!!

Reply/Quote
(09-14-2018, 01:21 PM)thillan Wrote: God Carolina is gonna be tough.. no idea how our LBs are going to handle Cam running around. It’ll be an interesting game.

Versus the Carolina offense, I'd like to see the 3 Safety look.  Use Fedj as the "spy" on Cam Newton, and for covering McCaffrey out of the backfield.  I like the matchup of our DEs versus the Panthers OTs, but their interior OL is tough.  Our DTs and LBs will have their hands full.

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
(09-14-2018, 01:27 PM)TSwigZ Wrote: Lmao chill i didn’t mean to upset you talking about your boyfriend but he’s average at best. I get playing with William Jackson means he’ll face a lot more targets and i get the PI call was questionable even tho i thought denards was worse. But Dre is overpaid and overdramatic

Old ladies playing canasta know more about the game of football than you, son. You really need to try to learn more about the game before you ever comment again. Just trying to save you from LMAO's directed towards you..
Reply/Quote
(09-14-2018, 10:36 AM)TheUberHuber Wrote: Well you cant hold. Explain how you can "lightly tugg" and not hold? 

The bs part is tje ball was thrown out of the back of the endzone and not catchable. 

He's not saying that a light tug is not a hold because it can be, and is , but it is NOT a PI. It should have been called a hold and a 5 yard penalty for a 1st down but the ball still at the 30-35 or so yardline.
Reply/Quote
Air Force 1 Wrote:I'm enjoying this season but I'm really imagining all kinds of wonderful things if this team gets a stud RT in the draft or free agency next year.

What, you wouldn't settle for a real good FA RT? Sorry, I had to bring up a Bengals Board classic.
Reply/Quote
(09-14-2018, 02:11 PM)higgy100 Wrote: Old ladies playing canasta know more about the game of football than you, son. You really need to try to learn more about the game before you ever comment again. Just trying to save you from LMAO's directed towards you..

Well I’m sorry dad and honestly i hope I’m wrong and Dre becomes an all pro CB but I’ve watched every game he’s played in the pros and as a whole my dumbass hasn’t been impressed :)
Who Dey!!!

Reply/Quote