Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 1 Average
Shut up, Pacman...
(01-13-2016, 12:56 AM)gobobro Wrote: There's also the very real possibility that first article was dead on, and they're backing away from it because people are wondering if if he just might have faked it. Dulac has been a beat writer there for years and years. No way he just made something up. 

Suppose it is possible. It's also possible that the team thought he was fine because they had no medical tests done at that point, and as we've seen many times, some people have a concussion only have symptoms obvious to those who do the protocol. Find it a bit more likely that he was responding to baseline questions to teammates (much like some players try to tell the coach they're fine to go in, and yes, they still know their name and where they are), and then later in the week get a "no" from protocol testers. People act like that's rare, but in reality it happens a lot with concussions.
Reply/Quote
Adam "Back-to-Pacman" Jones needs to stop talking.
Reply/Quote
(01-13-2016, 01:01 AM)BeepBeepWoo Wrote: Suppose it is possible. It's also possible that the team thought he was fine because they had no medical tests done at that point, and as we've seen many times, some people have a concussion only have symptoms obvious to those who do the protocol. Find it a bit more likely that he was responding to baseline questions to teammates (much like some players try to tell the coach they're fine to go in, and yes, they still know their name and where they are), and then later in the week get a "no" from protocol testers. People act like that's rare, but in reality it happens a lot with concussions.

It's why I support Adam's conditional apology. Brown won't sit if he was faking it, and it's absurd to believe he could clear protocols so quickly if he'd really been blasted unconscious Saturday night. We'll see.
Reply/Quote
(01-13-2016, 12:36 AM)fredtoast Wrote: From who?  I haven't seen anything like this.

http://www.steelersdepot.com/2016/01/report-steelers-antonio-brown-expected-to-be-fine-for-broncos-game/

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2016/01/11/positive-signs-for-ben-roethlisberger-antonio-browns-injuries/

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

"The measure of a man's intelligence can be seen in the length of his argument."
Reply/Quote
(01-13-2016, 12:42 AM)BeepBeepWoo Wrote: No, that's the point. These are things he's said. He called Joey Porter Jerry Porter... Antonio Brown Antonio Bryant... in other words, he doesn't seem like the type be accepting information from.

Regardless, someone on this board literally said AB is "good to go" on Sunday, but I have seen ZERO reports of this. According to all conferences, he is NOT good to go this week. He isn't out, either. And he hasn't yet worked out at all.

We're as good at spreading misinformation as what we keep screaming about, apparently.

Also, Joey Porter didn't get a game ball, that was another rumor someone made up.

http://thebiglead.com/2016/01/11/joey-porter-game-ball-bengals-steelers/
https://twitter.com/Marielena_WTAJ?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw

Dejan Kovacevic ‏@Dejan_Kovacevic  Jan 9Cincinnati, OH

Incredible scene in that room right now. My goodness.

The Dejan Kovacevic she was attributing it to is a reporter and he was in the locker room. 

"The measure of a man's intelligence can be seen in the length of his argument."
Reply/Quote
(01-13-2016, 01:01 AM)BeepBeepWoo Wrote: Suppose it is possible. It's also possible that the team thought he was fine because they had no medical tests done at that point, and as we've seen many times, some people have a concussion only have symptoms obvious to those who do the protocol. Find it a bit more likely that he was responding to baseline questions to teammates (much like some players try to tell the coach they're fine to go in, and yes, they still know their name and where they are), and then later in the week get a "no" from protocol testers. People act like that's rare, but in reality it happens a lot with concussions.

He was on the ground after a shot to the head. He was put through tests immediately. 

There's always the possibility that symptoms don't show up until later but there's also the possibility that after he was accused of faking it on national radio that he suddenly developed a headache to put him back in protocol. 

Reply/Quote
(01-13-2016, 12:56 AM)gobobro Wrote: Dulac has been a beat writer there for years and years. No way he just made something up. 

The story also says that Ben could not throw the ball more than 10 yards, has no idea the extent of his injury, but will be fine for the next game.

None of that makes any sense.
Reply/Quote
(01-13-2016, 01:25 AM)rfaulk34 Wrote: There's always the possibility that symptoms don't show up until later but there's also the possibility that after he was accused of faking it on national radio that he suddenly developed a headache to put him back in protocol. 

He was never out of the protocol.  It takes more than one day.  Players have to pass certain tests, then they have to work out and pass more tests.  It takes days.
Reply/Quote
How about shut up, OP??

See, it's inflammatory when you tell someone to shut up. Especially when they are correct.

Brown flopped, period. It's pretty obvious if you rewatch the play.

If he was hit? He'd HAVE a concussion, still be on protocol and not ready to play out here in Denver.

I cannot wait until that cold, thin, barely oxygenated air gets to them. Makes me want to become a Bronco fan and I will if they win this weekend.
Reply/Quote
(01-13-2016, 02:32 AM)BengalB Wrote: How about shut up, OP??

See, it's inflammatory when you tell someone to shut up. Especially when they are correct.

Brown flopped, period. It's pretty obvious if you rewatch the play.

If he was hit? He'd HAVE a concussion, still be on protocol and not ready to play out here in Denver.

I cannot wait until that cold, thin, barely oxygenated air gets to them. Makes me want to become a Bronco fan and I will if they win this weekend.

He is in protocol and is NOT cleared to play. So why don't you shut up? Tons of people outside of Bengals fans think we got jobbed. SOME outside of bengals fans think he shouldn't have been flagged... no one thinks he flopped.
Reply/Quote
(01-13-2016, 02:34 AM)BeepBeepWoo Wrote: He is in protocol and is NOT cleared to play. So why don't you shut up? Tons of people outside of Bengals fans think we got jobbed. SOME outside of bengals fans think he shouldn't have been flagged... no one thinks he flopped.

Shut up steelers fan. If brown plays this weekend then it's no doubt a flop, I mean he was supposedley knock out cold right? Watch him play and you dissappear.
Reply/Quote
(01-13-2016, 01:31 AM)fredtoast Wrote: He was never out of the protocol.  It takes more than one day.  Players have to pass certain tests, then they have to work out and pass more tests.  It takes days.

For arguments sake, if a player doesn't show symptoms and passes the initial test, he's not in protocol. A head shot doesn't mean you're automatically in protocol and out of the game. That's why they sit on the sideline and talk to them first. I've seen several times this year when someone goes out after a shot to the head and comes back into the game. 

I don't know if he was or wasn't. I can only go by what i read or hear. But i know i will be shocked if he doesn't play. If he does, i will fully believe he was faking based on Pittsburgh writers saying after the game that he was okay.

Reply/Quote
I'm going with Jones on this. The hell with the squeelers and the hell with Brown. The Bengals were robbed by a corrupted system and corrupted refs.
I'm seriously beginning to think that watching football at all is a waste of time unless I just want to watch fictional accounts of games.
In the immortal words of my old man, "Wait'll you get to be my age!"

Chicago sounds rough to the maker of verse, but the one comfort we have is Cincinnati sounds worse. ~Oliver Wendal Holmes Sr.

Reply/Quote
(01-13-2016, 03:24 AM)grampahol Wrote: I'm going with Jones on this.  The hell with the squeelers and the hell with Brown.  The Bengals were robbed by a corrupted system and corrupted refs.
I'm seriously beginning to think that watching football at all is a waste of time unless I just want to watch fictional accounts of games.

Agreed. Real fans see thru the bullshit. Pac man is 100% correct.
Reply/Quote
(01-13-2016, 03:24 AM)grampahol Wrote: I'm going with Jones on this.  The hell with the squeelers and the hell with Brown.  The Bengals were robbed by a corrupted system and corrupted refs.

This isn't directed at you. You're just fanning the flames.

People need to stop with the conspiracy theories. The same ref that threw the flag on Pacman, earlier, threw a critical PI flag on the Steelers at the goal line, allowing the Bengals to score their first TD 2 plays later. That wasn't the only flag he threw on Pitt either. 

There's no way for a ref or group of refs to "throw" a game in favor of one team without it being blatantly obvious. Individual refs can make biased calls, but again, they're graded and promoted/demoted based on their performance. 

NFL fans love to think they're persecuted but the fact is, if Burfict is smarter on the play and doesn't hit Brown in the helmet, there's no flag thrown. Refs miss calls against every team because an NFL game is difficult to officiate due to the size and speed of players and a convoluted rule book. 

Reply/Quote
When Brown took the hit from BUrfict that penalty did not put them in place for an easy FG.

So why the hell would Brown take himself out of the game when he may have still been needed to get them in position for a game winning FG.

Doesn't make any sense to me.
Reply/Quote
(01-13-2016, 04:00 AM)fredtoast Wrote: When Brown took the hit from BUrfict that penalty did not put them in place for an easy FG.

So why the hell would Brown take himself out of the game when he may have still been needed to get them in position for a game winning FG.

1 easy yards 2 if the second penalty hadn't happened, he amazingly gets cleared to re-enter the game.
Reply/Quote
(01-13-2016, 12:48 AM)BeepBeepWoo Wrote: Well, apparently that's a garbage article considering in today's press conference they're proceedng with the game plan as if he were unavailable.

It's from their hometown paper. Mellow

"Better send those refunds..."

Reply/Quote
(01-13-2016, 04:00 AM)fredtoast Wrote: When Brown took the hit from BUrfict that penalty did not put them in place for an easy FG.

To draw a flag?

.....and I don't remember , were there any timeouts left?

Reply/Quote
(01-13-2016, 03:30 AM)rfaulk34 Wrote: This isn't directed at you. You're just fanning the flames.

People need to stop with the conspiracy theories. The same ref that threw the flag on Pacman, earlier, threw a critical PI flag on the Steelers at the goal line, allowing the Bengals to score their first TD 2 plays later. That wasn't the only flag he threw on Pitt either. 

There's no way for a ref or group of refs to "throw" a game in favor of one team without it being blatantly obvious. Individual refs can make biased calls, but again, they're graded and promoted/demoted based on their performance. 

NFL fans love to think they're persecuted but the fact is, if Burfict is smarter on the play and doesn't hit Brown in the helmet, there's no flag thrown. Refs miss calls against every team because an NFL game is difficult to officiate due to the size and speed of players and a convoluted rule book. 

True.....the game wasn't thrown. However , that bunch needs shit canned.

Reply/Quote