Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 1 Average
Shut up, Pacman...
(01-13-2016, 07:06 AM)Wyche Wrote: To draw a flag?

.....and I don't remember , were there any timeouts left?

No timeouts and 18 seconds, right?
Reply/Quote
(01-13-2016, 07:55 AM)gobobro Wrote: No timeouts and 18 seconds, right?

I had a nice buzz by then , and thoroughly pissed off at what was unfolding.....don't remember if there were any TOs or not.  If not....then what I was hinting at and what you're saying holds water.  I knew there was only 18 seconds....but I don't remember the TO situation.

"Better send those refunds..."

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(01-13-2016, 01:29 AM)fredtoast Wrote: The story also says that Ben could not throw the ball more than 10 yards, has no idea the extent of his injury, but will be fine for the next game.

None of that makes any sense.

Neither does Ben taking a cart to the locker room for a sore shoulder, broken toes that weren't broken, or the rest of Ben's tall tales that make him feel larger than life...

People were asking for sourcing on Brown being expected to play so soon after the hit, and using a lack of sourcing to scoff at Jones' claims. I posted the article to backup that it had indeed been written (and written by one of the beat writers, not some blogger with zero accountability).
Reply/Quote
When Ben said he has ligament damage/etc, my comment on ESPN was "What's a better nickname: Fat Ben, Liar Ben, or Rapist Ben?"

Yeah, I got a lot of personal attacks for that one - lol.
[Image: 43325991030_4d39723a8f.jpg]
Reply/Quote
(01-12-2016, 11:27 PM)BeepBeepWoo Wrote: "
http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap3000000621604/article/pacman-ill-apologize-to-antonio-brown-if-he-sits-out
Adam "Pacman" Jones is ready to apologize to Antonio Brown ... possibly.

Jones, who seems to be taking part in a social experiment to determine how quickly one can wipe away years of goodwill accumulation, said on Showtime's Inside The NFL that he will issue an apology to Brown if the Steelers wide receiver does not play in this weekend's Divisional-Round matchup against the Broncos.

Brown suffered a concussion on an illegal hit by Bengals linebacker Vontaze Burfict late in the fourth quarter of Pittsburgh's stunning 18-16 win. Jones -- who drew a back-breaking personal foul moments after Brown was injured -- said Monday he believed Brown had faked his injury to draw the flag.

"I will (apologize) if he don't play," Jones told Jets wide receiver Brandon Marshall in an interview that will air Tuesday night. "But you know and I know that when Saturday gets here all that is going out the window. ... When Saturday gets here, he will be cleared Friday -- I promise you -- 24 hours before the game."

The game will actually be played Sunday, and that's not the only thing Jones has wrong. Medical professionals diagnosed Brown with a brain injury caused by the head-hunting ways that led to Burfict's three-game suspension.

Adam Jones needs to collect his wife and family and go to an island for 7-to-10 days. I cannot stress enough how beneficial disappearing can be to the 32-year-old's career.
"
This guy really needs to stop sticking his foot in his mouth. Do I think the hit was the worst thing ever? Far from it. Do I think Pacman's flag was earned? Maybe, but it should have been offsetting with Porter.

But seriously, in the last three days we've got
"Jerry Porter"
"Antonio Bryant"
"Acting should have given him a Grammy (????)"
"Be ready to play for Saturday's game" (He's playing the chiefs vs new england, I guess)
"Antonio winked at me"

Seriously Jones... please... stop talking. If you hated the way it was officiated, so do I! But now you're just making yourself look stupid.

Your on the wrong message board steeler fan.

Reply/Quote
(01-13-2016, 08:00 AM)Wyche Wrote: I had a nice buzz by then , and thoroughly pissed off at what was unfolding.....don't remember if there were any TOs or not.  If not....then what I was hinting at and what you're saying holds water.  I knew there was only 18 seconds....but I don't remember the TO situation.

I know they were out of time outs. That's why they kicked the field goal immediately after the penalties. They couldn't risk a play ending in bounds.
Reply/Quote
(01-13-2016, 01:00 AM)gobobro Wrote: Here's my opinion: Either Brown faked it, and Jones and Burfict deserve a sliver of a break, or he's concussed and the Steelers have a way of snowing the concussion protocols.

I like that Jones has put the spotlight on Pittsburgh and Brown's availability come Sunday. If he indeed plays, the national media that's been roasting Cincinnati needs to start asking questions of Pittsburgh.

Yea, like that will ever happen. I think it was a hard hit. I also think Brown was 100% faking it. It was an act. Watch the replay. After the hit, he then throws his arms up in the air which I thought looked suspicious. If he would have caught the ball,no doubt he would of jumped up and been ready for the next play.
Reply/Quote
(01-13-2016, 08:20 AM)gobobro Wrote: People were asking for sourcing on Brown being expected to play so soon after the hit, and using a lack of sourcing to scoff at Jones' claims. I posted the article to backup that it had indeed been written (and written by one of the beat writers, not some blogger with zero accountability).

And I appreciate the link.

I just questioned its veracity.
Reply/Quote
(01-13-2016, 12:35 AM)Aquapod770 Wrote: Fair enough, but that doesn't usually come until at least a few days after. And even then it's light aerobic work. 24 hours after the game there were multiple reports that Brown was good to go for the game.

Seriously... the only place I have seen it reported that he is playing is on this message board.  Every other legitimate source has said he is in the protocol and it is unknown if he will play.

As for Pacman, he really does need to shut his mouth.  This is his contract year.  He has played extremely well and done a somewhat good job of keeping out of trouble since he has been here.  I'm certain there are GM's around the league thinking "same old Pacman, no way do I want that in the locker room" every time he opens his mouth.  His agent, wife, somebody needs to say "dude, shut the hell up... no more interviews, no more social media posts, no more communication at all".
Reply/Quote
Adam Jones needs to stop digging a bigger hole for himself. He's losing himself & his family money for his next contract every time he opens his mouth.

He said that he would learn a lot from this game but since Saturday night all he's been doing is providing more fodder for the news networks through his social media sounding off, interviews, calling NFL.com analysts direct.

Right now no-one outside of Adam Jones and this message board cares about him bumping the ref on the field on Saturday...everyone else has moved on and will only see the return of 'Pacman' mouthing off and being a loose cannon.

Thats sad for him but actually good for the Bengals. We may yet get him back on a good value contract next year
Reply/Quote
Why are you guys feeding this Steeler troll? It's bad enough that some fans sound like fans on the Steelers board attacking the Bengals. Now you let the enemy in our home, let him disrespect us, and side with him. Lame. And an embarrassment to the fans on this board. The op can go back to the Steelers board, and take some of these Bengals fans with him.

Quote:"Success doesn’t mean every single move they make is good" ~ Anonymous 
"Let not the dumb have to educate" ~ jj22
Reply/Quote
(01-12-2016, 11:27 PM)BeepBeepWoo Wrote: "
http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap3000000621604/article/pacman-ill-apologize-to-antonio-brown-if-he-sits-out
Adam "Pacman" Jones is ready to apologize to Antonio Brown ... possibly.

Jones, who seems to be taking part in a social experiment to determine how quickly one can wipe away years of goodwill accumulation, said on Showtime's Inside The NFL that he will issue an apology to Brown if the Steelers wide receiver does not play in this weekend's Divisional-Round matchup against the Broncos.

Brown suffered a concussion on an illegal hit by Bengals linebacker Vontaze Burfict late in the fourth quarter of Pittsburgh's stunning 18-16 win. Jones -- who drew a back-breaking personal foul moments after Brown was injured -- said Monday he believed Brown had faked his injury to draw the flag.

"I will (apologize) if he don't play," Jones told Jets wide receiver Brandon Marshall in an interview that will air Tuesday night. "But you know and I know that when Saturday gets here all that is going out the window. ... When Saturday gets here, he will be cleared Friday -- I promise you -- 24 hours before the game."

The game will actually be played Sunday, and that's not the only thing Jones has wrong. Medical professionals diagnosed Brown with a brain injury caused by the head-hunting ways that led to Burfict's three-game suspension.

Adam Jones needs to collect his wife and family and go to an island for 7-to-10 days. I cannot stress enough how beneficial disappearing can be to the 32-year-old's career.
"
This guy really needs to stop sticking his foot in his mouth. Do I think the hit was the worst thing ever? Far from it. Do I think Pacman's flag was earned? Maybe, but it should have been offsetting with Porter.

But seriously, in the last three days we've got
"Jerry Porter"
"Antonio Bryant"
"Acting should have given him a Grammy (????)"
"Be ready to play for Saturday's game" (He's playing the chiefs vs new england, I guess)
"Antonio winked at me"

Seriously Jones... please... stop talking. If you hated the way it was officiated, so do I! But now you're just making yourself look stupid.

I got a wild idea...

How about you shut up.
[Image: s4ed9rgnqb251.jpg]
Reply/Quote
(01-13-2016, 12:48 AM)BeepBeepWoo Wrote: Well, apparently that's a garbage article considering in today's press conference they're proceedng with the game plan as if he were unavailable.

Well, of course.  They have to.
“Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I’m not sure about the universe.” ― Albert Einstein

http://www.reverbnation.com/leftyohio  singersongwriterrocknroll

Reply/Quote
(01-13-2016, 10:13 AM)fredtoast Wrote: And I appreciate the link.

I just questioned its veracity.

You said you wanted a link, you got one.  Now, it's not good enough.  Hmmm.
“Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I’m not sure about the universe.” ― Albert Einstein

http://www.reverbnation.com/leftyohio  singersongwriterrocknroll

Reply/Quote
(01-13-2016, 11:13 AM)jj22 Wrote: Why are you guys feeding this Steeler troll? It's bad enough that some fans sound like fans on the Steelers board attacking the Bengals. Now you let the enemy in our home, let him disrespect us, and side with him. Lame. And an embarrassment to the fans on this board. The op can go back to the Steelers board, and take some of these Bengals fans with him.

Agreed. A lot of enemies on this board now.
Reply/Quote
(01-13-2016, 10:19 AM)OrlandoBengal Wrote: Seriously... the only place I have seen it reported that he is playing is on this message board.  Every other legitimate source has said he is in the protocol and it is unknown if he will play.

As for Pacman, he really does need to shut his mouth.  This is his contract year.  He has played extremely well and done a somewhat good job of keeping out of trouble since he has been here.  I'm certain there are GM's around the league thinking "same old Pacman, no way do I want that in the locker room" every time he opens his mouth.  His agent, wife, somebody needs to say "dude, shut the hell up... no more interviews, no more social media posts, no more communication at all".

They just posted a link to a Pittsburgh-Post/Gazette/whatever the **** it's called newspaper article in this very thread stating such my man.... ThumbsUp

Reply/Quote
How are timeouts relevant? It was an incomplete pass...
Reply/Quote
(01-13-2016, 12:15 PM)BeepBeepWoo Wrote: How are timeouts relevant? It was an incomplete pass...

Because no flag necessitates another play to get into FG range w/o any TOs. ThumbsUp

Reply/Quote
(01-12-2016, 11:27 PM)BeepBeepWoo Wrote: Shut up, Pacman...

You do realize that you are asking for something that has never occurred before in the entire life of one Adam "Pacman" Jones?

Reply/Quote
(01-13-2016, 12:15 PM)BeepBeepWoo Wrote: How are timeouts relevant? It was an incomplete pass...

The argument is that he oversold the hit to absolutely ensure the 15 yard penalty instead of a lesser penalty. The 15 yarder absolutely put them into possible field goal range. A 10 yarder would not have.

Without a timeout, they may not have had another chance to throw in the middle of the field, and any play stopped in bounds would likely have ended the game.

You can decides the merits of the argument on your own, but that is the relevance of zero timeouts.
Reply/Quote