Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Sick to my stomach
The Bengals could have been back in the playoff chase after today. Ravens lose, Steelers lose. We get dicked over with quite possibly the worst officiating call ever. We had our typical penalties and played terribly in the 2 minute drill yet again (surprise surprise). Even with those classic mistakes, this team played well enough to win and they SHOULD have had a huge shift in the division race today. I am so incredibly fed up with the calls that never go our way.

The NFL can get bent.
Reply/Quote
Should also get bent at the offense for not being able to pick up short yardage when needed.
Reply/Quote
But yea, the officiating has been HORRIBLE, this season.
Reply/Quote
I think a lot of teams gripe about the officiating. Even the teams perceived to get the calls.
Reply/Quote
Marvin saved his job today. Mikie Shaw him cover the spread so they did better than expected against a play off team. 2 more years
Reply/Quote
(12-09-2018, 09:39 PM)Tomkat Wrote: Should also get bent at the offense for not being able to pick up short yardage when needed.

Agree but my point is with all they did not do well they still did enough to beat a great team on the road. That call did cost the game.
Reply/Quote
It's funny...we've played VERY bad for 5-6 weeks and we have a respectable performance that we lose and fans are complaining that we blew an opportunity to get back in the playoff hunt.

With the Raiders and Browns...anything is possible...

But, THIS is not a playoff quality team.
Reply/Quote
(12-09-2018, 09:43 PM)thompson19osu Wrote: Agree but my point is with all they did not do well they still did enough to beat a great team on the road. That call did cost the game.

They were competitive for a change. I wouldn't say that this game is some indicator that we've turned the corner.

Don't we do this every year? We get eliminated then win a couple games we shouldn't to close the year.
Reply/Quote
(12-09-2018, 09:45 PM)THE PISTONS Wrote: They were competitive for a change. I wouldn't say that this game is some indicator that we've turned the corner.

Don't we do this every year? We get eliminated then win a couple games we shouldn't to close the year.

DCB.  Known far and wide.

But that does not change the fact that the Bengals got jobbed and there is no spinning out of that one.
“Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I’m not sure about the universe.” ― Albert Einstein

http://www.reverbnation.com/leftyohio  singersongwriterrocknroll

Reply/Quote
(12-09-2018, 09:48 PM)McC Wrote: DCB.  Known far and wide.

But that does not change the fact that the Bengals got jobbed and there is no spinning out of that one.

It does seem like we get a lot of bad calls against us.
Reply/Quote
(12-09-2018, 09:43 PM)THE PISTONS Wrote: It's funny...we've played VERY bad for 5-6 weeks and we have a respectable performance that we lose and fans are complaining that we blew an opportunity to get back in the playoff hunt.

Agree this is not a playoff team but fact would be they would be right there in a chase coming down the stretch. The NFl is more exciting to watch when your team has something to play for.
Reply/Quote
I was actually pretty damn happy with the loss.

They played well, showed their talent, proved a large portion of the problem is playcalling and coaching and then lost just in time to preserve the draft position.

If we can replicate this over the final weeks of the season, we can finally get rid of Marvin, find a new "hot" coach who sees the talent on our roster and is excited to build around it all while maintaining a good draft position to potentially take a franchise QB (depending on how many end up declaring and are determined to be worth a first round pick) and the new era of Bengals football can begin.

The alternative was winning some meaningless game before going 0-3 in the final 3 games and just getting a worse draft pick.
Reply/Quote
You think officiating was bad in our game, check out the Steeler-Raider game. Never in my life have I seen a worse officiated football game. The blatant bias in favor of Pittsburgh was nauseating, and that officiating crew should face suspension/discipline as far as I’m concerned. It was pitiful... Hell, it’s pitiful all over this sham of a league Whatever
Reply/Quote
There were no bad calls against the Chargers huh?
Reply/Quote
(12-09-2018, 09:58 PM)Crazyjdawg Wrote: I was actually pretty damn happy with the loss.

They played well, showed their talent, proved a large portion of the problem is playcalling and coaching and then lost just in time to preserve the draft position.

If we can replicate this over the final weeks of the season, we can finally get rid of Marvin, find a new "hot" coach who sees the talent on our roster and is excited to build around it all while maintaining a good draft position to potentially take a franchise QB (depending on how many end up declaring and are determined to be worth a first round pick) and the new era of Bengals football can begin.

The alternative was winning some meaningless game before going 0-3 in the final 3 games and just getting a worse draft pick.

Thanks for uplifting thoughts. This indeed would be ideal.
Reply/Quote
(12-09-2018, 09:59 PM)Circleville Guy Wrote: There were no bad calls against the Chargers huh?

Can’t think of any that directly took 6 points off the board.
Reply/Quote
(12-09-2018, 09:59 PM)Pat5775 Wrote: You think officiating was bad in our game, check out the Steeler-Raider game. Never in my life have I seen a worse officiated football game. The blatant bias in favor of Pittsburgh was nauseating, and that officiating crew should face suspension/discipline as far as I’m concerned. It was pitiful... Hell, it’s pitiful all over this sham of a league Whatever

They stole a TD from the Eagles on a pathetically bad call too.
“Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I’m not sure about the universe.” ― Albert Einstein

http://www.reverbnation.com/leftyohio  singersongwriterrocknroll

Reply/Quote
(12-09-2018, 09:43 PM)THE PISTONS Wrote: It's funny...we've played VERY bad for 5-6 weeks and we have a respectable performance that we lose and fans are complaining that we blew an opportunity to get back in the playoff hunt.

Totally agree, this is NOT a playoff quality team. What you seen today was the classic dead cat bounce, only it fell short and got ran over once again. I for one am glad, I hope we lose them all, get a great draft pick; and hopefully a new coaching staff as well. In our former playoff runs, we had teams that you had to feel could win a game even though they didn't; but with this staff and team, I can't imagine a playoff team we could beat. Better off to get flattened every week and get it over with.
Reply/Quote
Yeah, the Driskel call was atrocious. A better team would have punched it in from a foot out on 4th down. The Bengals, of course, get a false start and settle for 3. They have no one to blame but themselves.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
To everyone saying the call was wrong on the Driskell run... you are in fact wrong. In the NfL’s Attempt to continue to protect QB’s this year a QB sliding or diving is considered to be giving themselves up. When he went into his dive he was short and therefor it wasn’t a TD.

The whole Refs are out to get us narrative is childish and played out.
Reply/Quote