Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Sick to my stomach
(12-10-2018, 12:10 AM)Jonescincy Wrote: Holy smokes I feel really sorry for you and anyone who thinks this is possible. Hot does not equal cheap. Hot does not equal stupid. Every year is next year for this team. We’ve had some reason to be hopefully and it is usually how good we finish the year when the team misses the playoffs. Or that they at least made the playoffs, even though they were horrible at the end of the year. Next year is never going to come with the current configuration. The two people that need to have an edge are the HC and QB. We’re trying to field dress a deer with two butter knives.

So...what is your suggestion? Just root for a team to win meaningless games knowing that they're going to keep their terrible head coach forever and just live in mediocrity for the rest of our lifetimes as fans of this team?

Should we just slit our wrists now? Or maybe we can look towards how to fix the team?
Reply/Quote
(12-10-2018, 12:18 AM)Crazyjdawg Wrote: So...what is your suggestion? Just root for a team to win meaningless games knowing that they're going to keep their terrible head coach forever and just live in mediocrity for the rest of our lifetimes as fans of this team?

Should we just slit our wrists now? Or maybe we can look towards how to fix the team?

Fix the team? I’m not trying to be a D but this is a rudderless ship drifting on an angry sea. You’re asking someone to go down and install a new rudder. The only people who might be capable aren’t stupid enough to try. The best we can hope for is that the winds miraculously blow the right way and somehow we end up close to port. That’s the reality.
Reply/Quote
(12-10-2018, 12:45 AM)Jonescincy Wrote: Fix the team? I’m not trying to be a D but this is a rudderless ship drifting on an angry sea. You’re asking someone to go down and install a new rudder. The only people who might be capable aren’t stupid enough to try. The best we can hope for is that the winds miraculously blow the right way and somehow we end up close to port. That’s the reality.

That's an amazing post!

We do need a coach to come in and install a system and bring with them successful habits/practices from another organization. Scouting/Gameplanning, playcalling, etc. That's a huge ask.
Reply/Quote
(12-09-2018, 10:05 PM)Ctfan73 Wrote: Yeah, the Driskel call was atrocious.  A better team would have punched it in from a foot out on 4th down.  The Bengals, of course, get a false start and settle for 3.  They have no one to blame but themselves.

Well they could blame the officials who took a TD off the board after Driskel did punch it in!!  A better team would not have had to do that because that is the FIRST time that bullshit has ever been called. 
Reply/Quote
(12-09-2018, 11:54 PM)Au165 Wrote: Maybe that’s why everyone is confused. QBs have always been spotted where they begin the slide as that is when they are granted protections. It was explained heading into the year it would be treated the same way for the five.

Except its been called that way exactly 0 times ever!! You know it and I know it and the only person who seems to think the call was good is you and the shitty refs.
Reply/Quote
(12-09-2018, 09:34 PM)thompson19osu Wrote: The Bengals could have been back in the playoff chase after today. Ravens lose, Steelers lose.  We get dicked over with quite possibly the worst officiating call ever. We had our typical penalties and played terribly in the 2 minute drill yet again (surprise surprise). Even with those classic mistakes, this team played well enough to win and they SHOULD have had a huge shift in the division race today. I am so incredibly fed up with the calls that never go our way.

The NFL can get bent.

You are me in prior years....I hate to say it, bud, but we need this team to continue to implode for real changes to happen.  If we had some false hope that they might eek in to the playoffs, nothing would change.  This team is led by completely incompetent coaches and we need an entirely new staff before we will ever have real hope.  

Even if every player stayed healthy, and they actually used their talent appropriately, and were 12-4 with a home playoff game, they would STILL shit the bed because we are simply not able to game plan like the opponents coaches.  They might sneak a win against a team like LA yesterday only because they didn't take the Bengals seriously.  I mean, a 17 point line?  I put 10 on the Bengals to win...it would have paid over 100.  I did the same thing earlier in the year and Buffalo beat Minnesota when a 17 point dog.  It doesn't mean Buffalo is on par with the Vikings, it means the Vikings were lazy.  It's human nature.  

The NFL CAN get bent.  They want two LA teams in the playoffs and maybe even the Super Bowl...with Bosa healthy, I give the Bolts a real shot.  And we see this time and time again.  The Pats after 9/11, The Saints after Katrina, blah, blah, blah...the Bengals only chance is to be interesting and people want to watch them.  They need an innovative coach...something they haven't had since Wyche.  And there are STILL fans from around the globe that fell in love with that creative team.  This team is just painful to watch.  Boring.  Stupid.  Conservative.  They are my team and even I hate watching how they approach the game.

They need real change and it isn't ownership/GM.  It is coaches on the field and the ones that either have a plan that energizes their players or takes all energy from them because they know they are playing with a playbook that is 4 decades old, and to make matters worse, they act like changing their game plans is too much work and they can't possibly accomplish that.  Broom these old stiffs and bring in some young energy and creativity.  NOTHING will change until we have an entirely new coaching staff.  
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(12-10-2018, 09:07 AM)SHRacerX Wrote: You are me in prior years....I hate to say it, bud, but we need this team to continue to implode for real changes to happen.  If we had some false hope that they might eek in to the playoffs, nothing would change.  This team is led by completely incompetent coaches and we need an entirely new staff before we will ever have real hope.  

Even if every player stayed healthy, and they actually used their talent appropriately, and were 12-4 with a home playoff game, they would STILL shit the bed because we are simply not able to game plan like the opponents coaches.  They might sneak a win against a team like LA yesterday only because they didn't take the Bengals seriously.  I mean, a 17 point line?  I put 10 on the Bengals to win...it would have paid over 100.  I did the same thing earlier in the year and Buffalo beat Minnesota when a 17 point dog.  It doesn't mean Buffalo is on par with the Vikings, it means the Vikings were lazy.  It's human nature.  

The NFL CAN get bent.  They want two LA teams in the playoffs and maybe even the Super Bowl...with Bosa healthy, I give the Bolts a real shot.  And we see this time and time again.  The Pats after 9/11, The Saints after Katrina, blah, blah, blah...the Bengals only chance is to be interesting and people want to watch them.  They need an innovative coach...something they haven't had since Wyche.  And there are STILL fans from around the globe that fell in love with that creative team.  This team is just painful to watch.  Boring.  Stupid.  Conservative.  They are my team and even I hate watching how they approach the game.

They need real change and it isn't ownership/GM.  It is coaches on the field and the ones that either have a plan that energizes their players or takes all energy from them because they know they are playing with a playbook that is 4 decades old, and to make matters worse, they act like changing their game plans is too much work and they can't possibly accomplish that.  Broom these old stiffs and bring in some young energy and creativity.  NOTHING will change until we have an entirely new coaching staff.  

I agree completely I have wanted Marvin gone for years. He is just stale and his teams play uninspired.
Reply/Quote