Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Sidebar on Today's Games
Being in SW Florida and surrounded by Dolphins and Bucs fans, I will be rooting for the impossible today and that's a Dolphins victory.

I can't stomach watching Thugsburgh play and see the adnauseum celebration. Just so happens I will be distracted by my great nephew's birthday party this early afternoon, so I won't be tempted to peek at the game and get pissed off.

I will also be rooting against Leon tonight because of my strong dislike of Beckham. I don't like Rodgers' smugness but Beckham makes it easy to choose who to root for.

Plus I think GB has a better shot at Dallas.
Reply/Quote
Many of us will be rooting for whoever plays shitsburg.

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
Someone at the SW Florida great nephew birthday party will have the Miami vs Pitt game on I guarantee. Loosen up. Put the kid on your lap and humor him with Bengal meltdown stories.
Reply/Quote
(01-08-2017, 11:55 AM)bengalguy71 Wrote: Being in SW Florida and surrounded by Dolphins and Bucs fans, I will be rooting for the impossible today and that's a Dolphins victory.

I can't stomach watching Thugsburgh play and see the adnauseum celebration. Just so happens I will be distracted by my great nephew's birthday party this early afternoon, so I won't be tempted to peek at the game and get pissed off.

I will also be rooting against Leon tonight because of my strong dislike of Beckham.  I don't like Rodgers' smugness but Beckham makes it easy to choose who to root for.

Considering the Dolphins are 1-0 against them this season (in decided fashion, I might add), how is that the impossible?
Reply/Quote
(01-08-2017, 12:40 PM)John Shaft Wrote: Someone at the SW Florida great nephew birthday party will have the  Miami vs Pitt game on I guarantee. Loosen up. Put the kid on your lap and humor him with Bengal meltdown stories.

You're probably right about the game being on.  I am so stinkin' old that I have great nieces and nephews who are teenagers.  
Reply/Quote
Miami winning is far from impossible. They've already beaten Pittsburgh before, and they are really on their game, having won 9 of their last 11.
Reply/Quote
(01-08-2017, 11:55 AM)bengalguy71 Wrote: Being in SW Florida and surrounded by Dolphins and Bucs fans, I will be rooting for the impossible today and that's a Dolphins victory.

I will also be rooting against Leon tonight because of my strong dislike of Beckham.  I don't like Rodgers' smugness but Beckham makes it easy to choose who to root for.

Dolphins don't stand a chance in hell... beating pissburgh at home in a meaningless mid-season tilt wasn't on any officiating crew's radar.  The fins can't beat piggy and co at home, even if they didn't bring their own refs, which you know damn well they will.

Only hope is to Kimo piggy early in the game....Hello Karma?  

EDIT:  I think New York can beat, and will beat Green Bay...only one of those teams has a defense, and both have offense...  I see it NYG 24, GB 20
Reply/Quote
Football officially stopped being in existence for me last Sunday. Once MY team is done for the season it's over and I no longer care who  wins with the one exception and I'm not watching it. 
In the immortal words of my old man, "Wait'll you get to be my age!"

Chicago sounds rough to the maker of verse, but the one comfort we have is Cincinnati sounds worse. ~Oliver Wendal Holmes Sr.

Reply/Quote
The refs have already let Pissburgh get away with Bud Dupree drilling Miami's QB hat to hat....
Reply/Quote
(01-08-2017, 03:24 PM)Sled21 Wrote: The refs have already let Pissburgh get away with Bud Dupree drilling Miami's QB hat to hat....

Straight up speared him.
Reply/Quote
The Steelers are already curb-stomping the Dolphins. The Steelers will now try to set offensive records. 8 minutes in and they already have 180 yards of offense.
Reply/Quote
They're just way too dangerous on offense. 3 downs for them to get ten yards is too many. LOL
Reply/Quote

Aren't the Giants 2-0 vs Dallas this year? I think they have a better shot at Dallas than GB
Reply/Quote
Hopefully that last sequence will fire up Miami. I never root for a player to get injured but it would only be fitting if Ben just got clobbered by somebody on their D. Burfict will always remain my favorite player on the Bengal's D for his ability to rise up and do stuff like that.
Reply/Quote
(01-08-2017, 04:13 PM)Von Cichlid Wrote: Hopefully that last sequence will fire up Miami. I never root for a player to get injured but it would only be fitting if Ben just got clobbered by somebody on their D. Burfict will always remain my favorite player on the Bengal's D for his ability to rise up and do stuff like that.

It's a double standard though. If that cheap chin shot was on Ben Nantz and Simms would be calling for an ejection and Cowher would be spitting up all over the set at halftime. It's getting kind of old.
Reply/Quote
(01-08-2017, 03:24 PM)Sled21 Wrote: The refs have already let Pissburgh get away with Bud Dupree drilling Miami's QB hat to hat....

You beat me to it! If that's one of our guys they get the hook and suspended for the next game. F the NFL and their obvious and continued support of their beloved team.
Reply/Quote
(01-08-2017, 04:23 PM)StoneTheCrow Wrote: It's a double standard though. If that cheap chin shot was on Ben Nantz and Simms would be calling for an ejection and Cowher would be spitting up all over the set at halftime. It's getting kind of old.

It's Ben old!!! Agree!
Reply/Quote

Should of been more than just roughing the passer.

That was some more dirty Steeler shit.

Atleast the Dolphins went after him and are fighting back.

Don't know how the Phins OL just forgot about Harrison on that big play that could of got them back in it where Moore fumbled.

Its not over yet. The Dolphins get the ball to start the 2nd half and overall Moore has looked good.

Need to get back to running the ball with Ajaye.
Reply/Quote
It was nice seeing Mike Mitchell hurting his own team by taking out his own teammate.

Dude head hunts even his own guys. Mellow
Reply/Quote
Not even watching. Dislike all teams.

Reply/Quote