Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Sign Anquan Boldin
(06-10-2016, 06:05 PM)fredtoast Wrote: Antonio Brown was an exception to the rule.  Just like Tom Brady.

The fact that there are exceptions to the general rule does not change the fact that a late round draft pick is much more likely to suck than a high round draft pick.

Oh come on...off the top of your head, name 3 QBs taken in the 6th round that aren't first-ballot HOFers!

Honestly, if the Bengals traded their 1st and 2nd round picks for three or more 6th rounders every year I think we'd see a dynsty before you know it. Name a single 1st or 2nd round pick the Bengal drafted that has contributed to this team in the past decade. I'll wait.

But seriously, let's replace our 1st and 2nd round starters with 5th and 6th rounders we COULD have taken.

Dalton -> Greg McElroy
AJ Green -> Ryan Whalen
Gio -> Rex Burkhead

Wait a minute...these guys were already on the Bengals and we let them walk (or in Rex's case we DON'T let him RUN)! What the hell !!!?!
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
Lions just signed Boldin.
[Image: s4ed9rgnqb251.jpg]
Reply/Quote
So I haven't been on here much at all, and hadn't yet seen this thread. When I checked the board this afternoon, this must have been the "last post" on Jungle Noise and appeared right at the top. I mistakenly read it/took is as "Bengals Sign Anquan Boldin".

I was pretty pumped, enough so that I logged on real quick to comment. (I've always been a big Boldin fan) And then of course as soon as read through some of the comments I realized my mistake. What a kick in the nuts. Here I was thinking he'd be great for the locker room, and had my "I'll take Boldin and Lafell at a fraction of the price over Sanu and Jones any day of the week" comment locked and loaded, and ready to go.

Oh well. He is super old. Definitely not a long term answer. And similar to Danby, I would have been more pleased had we signed him a couple of years earlier. But man, that guy is tough as nails. I really would have been pumped had we inked him on a one year deal. I gotta be more careful when I'm reading the boards I guess. Facepalm
Reply/Quote
I think Andre Johnson should be at the top of our emergency list.
Reply/Quote
(07-26-2016, 05:28 PM)NATI BENGALS Wrote: I think Andre Johnson should be at the top of our emergency list.

The last thing we need is another vet on our depth chart getting in the way of one of the 10 nobody WRs we got off the street being the next Lynnnn Swannnnn.
Reply/Quote
(07-26-2016, 05:31 PM)Nately120 Wrote: The last thing we need is another vet on our depth chart getting in the way of one of the 10 nobody WRs we got off the street being the next Lynnnn Swannnnn.

No disrespect to the old geezer, but I don't even think he would wish to hear you "cap out" talents similar to Alford/Boyd/Kumerow like that
Reply/Quote
(07-26-2016, 05:31 PM)Nately120 Wrote: The last thing we need is another vet on our depth chart getting in the way of one of the 10 nobody WRs we got off the street being the next Lynnnn Swannnnn.

we signed our FA WR, and drafted our most likey 3rd WR plus with Eiffert being a hybrid TE/WR and Gio probably being split out more , why waste a few million im guessing on a one year rental that might not see much of the field.  
Reply/Quote
Im over trying to sign a vet WR. We don't need one, we need dline depth because Hunt and Clarke are duds.
[Image: s4ed9rgnqb251.jpg]
Reply/Quote
(07-27-2016, 08:57 AM)yellowxdiscipline Wrote: Im over trying to sign a vet WR. We don't need one, we need dline depth because Hunt and Clarke are duds.

Yeah, hoping we sign Freeney very soon...
Reply/Quote
I'd like to see us bring in Devin Hester for a look-see.
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

Reply/Quote
(07-27-2016, 06:30 PM)bfine32 Wrote: I'd like to see us bring in Devin Hester for a look-see.

For this if he still has some of that return ability. Seemed like he got much better as a WR and probably would be an
upgrade over Tate in the Return game and as a Receiver if he still has the speed.
Reply/Quote
Know it's preseason, but Boldin still looks awfully strong. Caught a pass, shrugged off a guy, ran a bit, and then drug Mitchell on his back for another 5-6 yards.

Doesn't look like he used up everything in his tank at all.

[Image: jamarr-chase.gif]
Reply/Quote
Boldin looked like he still had it.

Quote:"Success doesn’t mean every single move they make is good" ~ Anonymous 
"Let not the dumb have to educate" ~ jj22
Reply/Quote
(08-12-2016, 08:20 PM)TheLeonardLeap Wrote: Know it's preseason, but Boldin still looks awfully strong. Caught a pass, shrugged off a guy, ran a bit, and then drug Mitchell on his back for another 5-6 yards.

After watching the first half.. im thinking Core has the making of a Boldin type guy.. very impressed with the rookie after the first preseason game
Reply/Quote
(08-12-2016, 08:20 PM)TheLeonardLeap Wrote: Know it's preseason, but Boldin still looks awfully strong. Caught a pass, shrugged off a guy, ran a bit, and then drug Mitchell on his back for another 5-6 yards.

(08-12-2016, 08:27 PM)jj22 Wrote: Boldin looked like he still had it.

Not too hard for an old guy to look good and strong in the beginning. It's the ending after a long grind that gets difficult.

"The measure of a man's intelligence can be seen in the length of his argument."
Reply/Quote