Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 1 Average
Sign Greg Hardy Please
*Duck*

Kidding aside, I think it's a good idea that could add the final piece to what should be a phenomenal defense. I don't think I need to point our D-End situation; it's the elephant in the room at this point.

I'm not going to argue the ethics behind such an idea because I admit that my opinion about it differ drastically from others. I will argue for Hardy's signing outside of that scope, however. Here are my top reasons as to why the Bengals should sign Greg Hardy

1. Cost: Greg Hardy has shown flashes of being a pro-bowl caliber defensive end. Given his circumstances, he will be extrodinararly cheap to sign.  Given that his next signing (if there is one) will probably be his last unless he balls out, he easily could produce enough marginal output to far exceed his salary. Capitalists like Mike Brown can't help but drool at that.

2. Productivity: This reasons is an extension of the first one, but warrants its own space because of people arguing that Hardy's lack of productivity with the Cowboys proves his performance isn't worth the baggage. They're wrong. If you look at Hardy's performance with the Cowboys on a game-by-game basis, you'll see that he was on track to have an above average year at the very least at first. As the season drifted on, Hardy's performance went downhill and never recovered. The downhill trend began after one point and one point only: AFTER THE PHOTOS OF HIS GIRLFRIEND GOT RELEASED.

Player productivity decreasing because of aspects of their personal lives becoming public knowledge isn't a new phenomenon.  We saw it with Tiger Woods, Kobe Bryant, Tony Romo, and several others. Sometimes their productivity never recovers. Greg Hardy's, however, will. The difference between Hardy and athletes who experienced similar situations is that Hardy's situation placed his football career on the verge of extinction.  Athletes who experienced similar situations never had this. They merely were placed under public scrutiny until the attention died down.  Greg Hardy's productivity will recover because he can't afford for it not to.

Also, Geno ***** Atkins. If Atkins' presence contributed to Domata Peko's garbage self getting an all-time high in sacks, Greg Hardy will feast.

Risk: There's a chance Hardy squanders his opportunity with the Bengals by not being a team player--even though this trend didn't start until after the photo release either. An incentive-laden contract pretty much ensures the Bengals don't incur any sunk costs if it doesn't work out. Plus, Mama Marvin has a history of taking players with character issues and making them serviceable at the very least. The jury may still be out on Burfict, but Pacman Jones is a perfect example.

Publicity: Let mama Marvin giggle his way out of it for an entire season. The AFC North is known for having complete assholes on their defense. One more asshole isn't going to be the straw that breaks the camels back.

And there you have it. Here's my logical argument for signing Greg Hardy.
Reply/Quote
I am usually in favor of giving guys second chances. But the problem I have with Hardy is that instead of admitting he made a mistake he pretty much joked about getting away with it.

The Cowboys are paper thin at DE and they have no interest in bringing back Hardy. That tells me more about him than anything. None of us know what went on there, but the Cowboys do, and they don't want him back.
Reply/Quote
I don't want him...

When I saw how he acted with the Dallas coaches in the few games I watched of them.. It was horrifying..

I rather take someone like Bjoern Werner or Shawn Oakman and try to see if they can be something.
Former Contributor for StripeHype

CEO/Founder of CUE Sports Media

Reply/Quote
Hell no Sick
It's easy to see the world in black and white. Grey? I don't know what to do with grey.

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
No. Dude's a textbook example of a locker room cancer. We don't need it.
Everything in this post is my fault.
Reply/Quote
[Image: hqdefault.jpg]

NO! .......next question.

"Better send those refunds..."

Reply/Quote
DId anyone of you have problems with Chris Henry?

Yes, i'm comparing slim to Hardy. They've shown similar traits of dementedness.

Because i'm pretty sure he and his wife swung on each other plenty of times.
Reply/Quote
(05-09-2016, 11:50 AM)Garrus Wrote: Hell no  Sick

This
Reply/Quote
That AS interview hurt Hardy. Just didn't seem like he got it. And you can't give a second (third) chance to a guy who still doesn't get it. Too bad too because we could use a player like him on the field. Not worth it with the off field issues.

Quote:"Success doesn’t mean every single move they make is good" ~ Anonymous 
"Let not the dumb have to educate" ~ jj22
Reply/Quote
(05-09-2016, 10:56 PM)jj22 Wrote: That AS interview hurt Hardy. Just didn't seem like he got it. And you can't give a second (third) chance to a guy who still doesn't get it. Too bad too because we could use a player like him on the field. Not worth it with the off field issues.

I agree.  It is clear that he learned nothing.  He got a nice vacation and was rewarded with 10 mil for part of a season.  Nice work if you can get it.
Reply/Quote
I will admit I wanted to sign him last year. But I don't want him this year.

I do think the talent would help on the edge but then we are pushing back the reps for other guys. The only reason to think about it is if we got hit with the injury bug..... Then at that point it's a long reach.
Reply/Quote
I'd do it; it's just football. The locker room cancer is silly. One guy cannot change to culture of a locker room.
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

Reply/Quote
(05-10-2016, 12:23 AM)bfine32 Wrote: I'd do it; it's just football. The locker room cancer is silly. One guy cannot change to culture of a locker room.

The Cowboys are desperate for DEs.  Why do you think they won't re-sign him?
Reply/Quote
(05-10-2016, 12:25 AM)fredtoast Wrote: The Cowboys are desperate for DEs.  Why do you think they won't re-sign him?

Because they don't feel he is worth the cost.

Why haven't/didn't they signed any of the other DEs available?

Should anyone that can use a DE consider Wallace Gilberry?
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

Reply/Quote
(05-10-2016, 12:37 AM)bfine32 Wrote: Because they don't feel he is worth the cost.

Why haven't/didn't they signed any of the other DEs available?

Should anyone that can use a DE consider Wallace Gilberry?

Right now the cost for Hardy is league minimum.  No team has made him any offer at all.  

Gilberry has a job.  Hardy does not.

Do you think Gilberry is better than Hardy?
Reply/Quote
May 12th. Hardy will not factor at all in the comp pick equation. Right now he does. Hopefully we take a look then.
Reply/Quote
(05-09-2016, 10:56 PM)jj22 Wrote: That AS interview hurt Hardy. Just didn't seem like he got it. And you can't give a second (third) chance to a guy who still doesn't get it. Too bad too because we could use a player like him on the field. Not worth it with the off field issues.

Announcing on live television that he's a woman beater does nothing to help him. Literally nothing.
Reply/Quote
(05-10-2016, 12:22 PM)THE Bigzoman Wrote: Announcing on live television that he's a woman beater does nothing to help him. Literally nothing.

Yes it does.  he will not get signed until he admits he has a problem and is getting help.

That is the way it has always worked with sports stars.  they get a second chance if they just admit they have messed up and rae getting help with their problem.

They have to apologize before they can be forgiven.
Reply/Quote
(05-10-2016, 12:22 PM)THE Bigzoman Wrote: Announcing on live television that he's a woman beater does nothing to help him. Literally nothing.

He didn't have to announce he was a "women beater". A simple, "there's things I've done in my life I regret, and I apologize to anyone I've hurt in the process. I'm working everyday to be a better person", would have been enough without admitting to all the horrid details of the incident. Almost anything would have been better then claiming he was found innocent when he really wasn't. In fact he lied (a multimillion dollar settlement with the victim, doesn't mean he was proven innocent) which really shows he hasn't learned anything and just doesn't get it.

Quote:"Success doesn’t mean every single move they make is good" ~ Anonymous 
"Let not the dumb have to educate" ~ jj22
Reply/Quote
(05-10-2016, 02:47 PM)jj22 Wrote: He didn't have to announce he was a "women beater". A simple, "there's things I've done in my life I regret, and I apologize to anyone I've hurt in the process. I'm working everyday to be a better person", would have been enough without admitting to all the horrid details of the incident. Almost anything would have been better then claiming he was found innocent when he really wasn't. In fact he lied (a multimillion dollar settlement with the victim, doesn't mean he was proven innocent) which really shows he hasn't learned anything and just doesn't get it.

apparently his agent is also an idiot lol. a settlement also doesnt mean hes guilty its a settlement to get it out of courts where innocent or guity your name is dragged thru the mud while the proceedings are taking place with todays media.

Big Ben settled with that lady he raped but here he is with 2 rings and a loyal fanbase. which to me is a far worse crime than brusing some skin. (not saying beating women is okay but rape is a lot lot worse)
Reply/Quote