Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Sign Jermon Bushrod OT
12 th year veteran was recently released by the Saints. He’s a salty veteran with plenty of experience but is still playing at a good level . We have seen Hart , Ogbuehi n Fisher and None of those guys should be playing professional football. We need help ASAP.
Reply/Quote
Not sure why anyone was shocked by Harts poor play. Just ask a Giants fan.
Reply/Quote
(09-10-2018, 02:53 AM)TKUHL Wrote: Not sure why anyone was shocked by Harts poor play. Just ask a Giants fan.

I dont know why either considering we should be used to poor OL play
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
I would hope we are bringing in guys to try them out weekly, with this being a short week Im sure not much was going to be done.

If all things are equal here between Fisher and Hart, I guess I prefer Fisher as the RT?
"We have been sentenced to life in the prison that is a Bengals fan and we are going to serve out our time"
Reply/Quote
(09-10-2018, 01:50 AM)Socal Bengals fan Wrote: 12 th year veteran was recently released by the Saints.  He’s a salty veteran with plenty of experience but is still playing at a good level . We have seen Hart , Ogbuehi n Fisher and None of those guys should be playing professional football.   We need help ASAP.

I am curious, was he cut because he was being paid starter money and was beat out? Or was he cut due injury or other reasons?

If better OT just beat him out and he guy is healthy, I hope they bring him in for a tryout. But there are probably 10 teams that need an OT, Carolina just lost their starting RT for year, Giants moved Flowers from left to right T and he struggled big time.
Free Agency ain't over until it is over. 

First 6 years BB - 41 wins and 54 losses with 1-1 playoff record with 2 teams Browns and Pats
Reply/Quote
If the Front Office can find a right tackle who is better than Bobby Hart, Cedric Ogbuehi, and Jake Fisher, sign him!
Reply/Quote
(09-10-2018, 01:50 AM)Socal Bengals fan Wrote: 12 th year veteran was recently released by the Saints.  He’s a salty veteran with plenty of experience but is still playing at a good level . We have seen Hart , Ogbuehi n Fisher and None of those guys should be playing professional football.   We need help ASAP.

They are not going to bring anyone in on a short week, right now they need to coach up who they have for Ravens, make adjustments if needed for protection and after this game i could see them look at FA if the right side under performs again.  
Reply/Quote
Teams don't just cut guys for no apparent reason. It's not AS IF these guys are the single greatest players currently able to save seasons single handedly. Usually they either can no longer hang with the big dogs, are injured or want more money than anyone can afford. 12 years is eternity for a player who is cut looking for a job and chances are they've already decided that they just don't want to get beat up every Sunday for vet minimum .  If they were so great every team and their uncles would be beating down their door ..  
In the immortal words of my old man, "Wait'll you get to be my age!"

Chicago sounds rough to the maker of verse, but the one comfort we have is Cincinnati sounds worse. ~Oliver Wendal Holmes Sr.

Reply/Quote
(09-11-2018, 09:00 PM)Luvnit2 Wrote: I am curious, was he cut because he was being starter money and was beat out? Or was he cut due injury or other reasons?

If better OT just beat him out and he guy is healthy, I hope they bring him in for a tryout. But there are probably 10 teams that need an OT, Carolina just lost their starting RT for year, Giants moved Flowers from left to right T and he struggled big time.

He missed practice for "non-injury reasons" the two days before he was cut.  Might be some personal issues going on there.
Reply/Quote
I think he was cut because he had some other issues going on. No idea what they are. But Hart, Ogbuehi or Fisher are not gonna improve by coaching. They are what they are. We just gotta run to the left more often and avoid 5 step drops. Now next years draft not looking so great. I believe two of the top tackles got hurt and free agency looks like poop.
Reply/Quote
(09-11-2018, 11:15 PM)Socal Bengals fan Wrote: I think he was cut because he had some other issues going on.  No idea what they are. But Hart, Ogbuehi or Fisher are not gonna improve by coaching.  They are what they are.  We just gotta run to the left more often and avoid 5 step drops.   Now next years draft not looking so great. I believe two of the top tackles got hurt and free agency looks like poop.

I disagree that players can;t improve.. many times a change in teams or coaches do help a player improve.. it happens all the time around the league.. time will only tell with Pollack but his input will have a long way to go if we pick or dont pick up another player
Reply/Quote
(09-11-2018, 11:42 PM)Essex Johnson Wrote: I disagree that players can;t improve.. many times a change in teams or coaches do help a player improve.. it happens all the time around the league.. time will only tell with Pollack but his input will have a long way to go if we pick or dont pick up another player

I agree that players can improve. However, Ogbuehi and Fisher are in their 4th year now. If improvement doesn't arrive then I'm not sure we can expect any.

We could still move Glenn to the right side and Boling to LT and insert Westerman at LG.That is an option and it would put our 5 best lineman on the field. At least those are the players I consider to be out 5 best linemen.

Reply/Quote
Wouldn't hate it. Or a trade for Andre Smith.

Also - Glenn is a LT. Boling is more of a RT type than a LT.
Reply/Quote
(09-12-2018, 01:12 AM)Bilbo Saggins Wrote: Wouldn't hate it. Or a trade for Andre Smith.

Also - Glenn is a LT. Boling is more of a RT type than a LT.

boiling played LT for us some last year

Boiling played LT in College with Glenn the LG...

when did boiling become a RT?
Reply/Quote
Jermon Bushrod is a Free Agent for a reason, considering how bad the Oline world is in general. If he was half decent he would have been snapped up to a nice $$ deal.

For Reference. last season i believe he played RG not RT (he is now 34 also) and graded out at 40.3 according to PFF. For reference that was worse than Hopkins / Redmond and TJ Johnson and about .4 better than Westerman on a lot less snaps.

I think its safe to say we dont need to go there. If Hart continues this trend (Likely) I imagine Fisher will get given another shot or Ogb. It is what it is. Nothing is getting better this season imho.
Reply/Quote
Bushrod is 34 and coming off injury.  He is finished.

He ended last year on IR for the Dolphins.  Saints signed him for peanuts ($1.1 million) to compete for a back up spot, but he couldn't cut it.
Reply/Quote
Bengals wouldn’t bring in a new OT on such a short week, but it might be something they consider after the game since they’ll have 10 days until the Panthers.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote
BTW I have no problem with the Bengals looking to bring in an O-lineman. I just don't think Bushrod is the answer.
Reply/Quote
(09-11-2018, 10:09 PM)Essex Johnson Wrote: They are not going to bring anyone in on a short week, right now they need to coach up who they have for Ravens, make adjustments if needed for protection and after this game i could see them look at FA if the right side under performs again.  

No but after Thursday is a long week and the perfect time to make the move. 

The water tastes funny when you're far from your home,
yet it's only the thirsty that hunger to roam. 
          Roam the Jungle !
Reply/Quote
(09-12-2018, 09:55 AM)XenoMorph Wrote: boiling played LT for us some last year

Boiling played LT in College with Glenn the LG...

when did boiling become a RT?

Still believe they want Boling next to our rookie center Price for a minute until he adjusts completely. 

Plus just think that Cordy would not be happy with move to RT seeing it as a demotion and not have his whole heart in it. 

Boiling is awfully hot though.  Ninja     

The water tastes funny when you're far from your home,
yet it's only the thirsty that hunger to roam. 
          Roam the Jungle !
Reply/Quote