Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Sign of the times
https://www.nbcnews.com/news/us-news/capitol-riot-suspect-wants-gps-monitor-removed-citing-loud-beeping-n1278957

How do you go from dethroning tyrants to "my beeping is annoying"?
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
I think it's more like how do you go from "I'd rather die a patriot than live under tyranny!" to "This ankle monitor is inconvenient, can I stop being held accountable for my actions?"
Reply/Quote
I say take it off and throw his ass in a federal-pound-me-in-the-ass prison.
Reply/Quote
(09-11-2021, 12:15 AM)Benton Wrote: https://www.nbcnews.com/news/us-news/capitol-riot-suspect-wants-gps-monitor-removed-citing-loud-beeping-n1278957

How do you go from dethroning tyrants to "my beeping is annoying"?

What happened to do what you're told by the law? Smirk
[Image: giphy.gif]
Your anger and ego will always reveal your true self.
Reply/Quote
(09-11-2021, 10:52 AM)GMDino Wrote: What happened to do what you're told by the law? Smirk

Honest answer, I think these people are convinced they did nothing wrong...or more like they did something wrong for the right reasons.  Trump has a way of "deputizing" people that democrats who use fighting language don't. 

So yes, both sides use "fight" language, but Trump is entertaining in the sense that he's a flat-out super villain who gleefully sends waves of expendable henchmen after his foes and then shrugs when they get killed or captured...it's somewhat glorious. 
Reply/Quote
You don’t have to wear one in prison.
“History teaches that grave threats to liberty often come in times of urgency, when constitutional rights seem too extravagant to endure.”-Thurgood Marshall

Reply/Quote
Side note, are the rumors of a second protest on the 18th carrying weight?
Reply/Quote
(09-14-2021, 01:52 PM)Nately120 Wrote: Side note, are the rumors of a second protest on the 18th carrying weight?

I think I seen they're putting a fence up at Capitol Hill.
Reply/Quote
(09-14-2021, 01:52 PM)Nately120 Wrote: Side note, are the rumors of a second protest on the 18th carrying weight?

I've read contradictory thoughts on this.  Some think it will be a big nothing, some think it could be very violent.

I'm hoping if they do come it will be peaceful no matter how stupid they are.
[Image: giphy.gif]
Your anger and ego will always reveal your true self.
Reply/Quote
(09-14-2021, 08:51 PM)GMDino Wrote: I've read contradictory thoughts on this.  Some think it will be a big nothing, some think it could be very violent.

I'm hoping if they do come it will be peaceful no matter how stupid they are.

I'm genuinely hoping I get to see the red mist I was denied when all those idiots tried to storm Area 51. But I've had a bad day, so I might just be talking cranky.
Reply/Quote