Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Signing Mixon a good move?
I think we've not seen Mixon's best quite yet. Not only is he a great rb, but I think his leadership and spirit on the team is also worth keeping him here. He's a team-first player, and he bleeds orange and black. Let's see how we strengthen the o-line this offseason, and then let's see how defenses account for Burrow throws with a threat like Mixon in the backfield.
Reply/Quote
(12-27-2020, 06:41 PM)kalibengal Wrote: Starting to wonder if signing Mixon to all that $ was a wise move....starting to like the thunder and lightening combo of Gio and Perine
This is serious arm chair QB talk I know...because I was good with the Mixon contract at the time.

Was all for the Mixon signing myself (if he stayed healthy). He hasn't.

Perine looked great against the Texans but a lot of RB's have this year. Still, good on Samaji. 

Samaji is one hard damn runner and can catch the ball out of the backfield, has a badazz beard and lets not forget he was the lead
back for the Sooners and Mixon was the change of pace back there. Samaji ain't no punk and was happy we brought him back.

In the end there is no question about who has the biggest upside. Perine could be good with Gio used right, Mixon could be great.
Reply/Quote
(12-30-2020, 06:02 PM)wildcatnku24 Wrote: I think we've not seen Mixon's best quite yet.  Not only is he a great rb, but I think his leadership and spirit on the team is also worth keeping him here.  He's a team-first player, and he bleeds orange and black.  Let's see how we strengthen the o-line this offseason, and then let's see how defenses account for Burrow throws with a threat like Mixon in the backfield.

I have a different viewpoint of Mixon, I don't think he's team first and he's a little childish. I see him perform better only when he has the pressure of his backups performing better. Overall, he has underperformed and we blame it on other things, but when he "performs" (rare) - we say it's just him.

I would not have signed him to a large contract and instead invest in a better line for a "more average" RB to run behind and protect Burrow.
Reply/Quote
(12-31-2020, 10:12 AM)reuben.ahmed Wrote: Overall, he has underperformed and we blame it on other things but when he "performs" (rare) - we say it's just him.

Why do you claim he has "underperformed"?  Over the last three years Mixon is 9th in rushing yards despite missing 11 games. 7th in yards per game.

Why do you say it is "rare" when he performs.  Over the last three years he is 8th in the league with nine 100-yard rushing games (again, despite missing 11 games)

And are you really going to claim that it is the O-line making Mixon look good with the Bengals instead of it being "just him"? Hilarious
Reply/Quote
(12-31-2020, 02:29 PM)fredtoast Wrote: Why do you claim he has "underperformed"?  Over the last three years Mixon is 9th in rushing yards despite missing 11 games. 7th in yards per game.

Why do you say it is "rare" when he performs.  Over the last three years he is 8th in the league with nine 100-yard rushing games (again, despite missing 11 games)

And are you really going to claim that it is the O-line making Mixon look good with the Bengals instead of it being "just him"? Hilarious

Nice post.
Reply/Quote