Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 1 Average
Silver Lining in years of Bungals futility....
It seems the years of playoff losses and just terrible years in general have this team aware nothing matters but what they do in the playoffs and it really seems to be the catalyst for not getting complacent with a great start. Glad to see years of terrible football cultivate in this team to the point where a playoff win at minimum that will quench their thirst!
Reply/Quote
(11-07-2015, 11:17 PM)wasehs Wrote: It seems the years of playoff losses and just terrible years in general have this team aware nothing matters but what they do in the playoffs and it really seems to be the catalyst for not getting complacent with a great start. Glad to see years of terrible football cultivate in this team to the point where a playoff win at minimum that will quench their thirst!

What years of terrible football are you talking about?  

What makes you think that one playoff win will quench their thirst?

Why in the world would you use the word "Bungles"?
Reply/Quote
(11-08-2015, 12:01 AM)Baby Hawk Wrote: What years of terrible football are you talking about?  What makes you think that one playoff win will quench their thirst?

1.  The 90s
2.  No
Reply/Quote
I could be wrong, but it seems we have a pot stirrer among us.

Reply/Quote
Nah.....I remember this cat from the mothership.

"Better send those refunds..."

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
Thumbs Down 
Hilarious
Reply/Quote
(11-07-2015, 11:17 PM)wasehs Wrote: It seems the years of playoff losses and just terrible years in general have this team aware nothing matters but what they do in the playoffs and it really seems to be the catalyst for not getting complacent with a great start. Glad to see years of terrible football cultivate in this team to the point where a playoff win at minimum that will quench their thirst!

What did she see?

"The measure of a man's intelligence can be seen in the length of his argument."
Reply/Quote
This is what happens when cousins marry ..... Ninja
Some say you can place your ear next to his, and hear the ocean ....

[Image: 6QSgU8D.gif?1]
Reply/Quote
Using the term Bungles is not something we do. It automatically devalues any opinion expressed in conjunction with it.
Reply/Quote
No team in the history of the NFL has ever said, "Yeah, being 8-0 is all we really cared about. We are just going to coast from here on out."
Reply/Quote
(11-08-2015, 04:00 AM)wildcats forever Wrote: This is what happens when cousins marry .....  Ninja

Actually there is nothing wrong with cousins interbreeding as long as both are of superior genetic stock.  That is how they come up with the best racehorses and attorneys.  
Reply/Quote
Well, 2008 and 2010 were bad. And in 2011, when Andy came everyone thought the Bengals would be 1-15 but what instead happened was a great new beginning. True, another one-and-done in the playoffs would be terrible, but I would still watch my Bengals.

Even in their putrid 1990s years the Bengals were still entertaining and had some great players and it was fun to watch "Air Blake."

The Bengal's annihilation at PBS of a lesser wild-card opponent would be a glorious thing to behold and that would be a reward for the many Bengal's fans like me.
Reply/Quote
Moderators- can you ban the use of those b words in jungle noise ?
Reply/Quote
(11-08-2015, 06:31 AM)fredtoast Wrote: Actually there is nothing wrong with cousins interbreeding as long as both are of superior genetic stock.  That is how they come up with the best racehorses and attorneys.  

If only it could be perfected for message board trolls  Ninja
Some say you can place your ear next to his, and hear the ocean ....

[Image: 6QSgU8D.gif?1]
Reply/Quote

I am not sure 1 win will quench this team's thirst.

I have heard AD and AJ say the same thing after every win, it is just a win, we have a bigger goal. The bigger goal is to win it all.

Win or lose they know it is a long journey. They know they will be many peaks and valleys, but like any long trip, they seemed to have a great plan on how to get there.

I love it.
Free Agency ain't over until it is over. 

First 6 years BB - 41 wins and 54 losses with 1-1 playoff record with 2 teams Browns and Pats
Reply/Quote
Get rid of him.
Reply/Quote
Be careful how you use that wirty durd around here.
Reply/Quote
(11-08-2015, 06:31 AM)fredtoast Wrote: Actually there is nothing wrong with cousins interbreeding as long as both are of superior genetic stock.  That is how they come up with the best racehorses and attorneys.  

You forgot what a charmer that Prince Charles became ..the living embodiment of a grown up Alfred E. Newman.
In the immortal words of my old man, "Wait'll you get to be my age!"

Chicago sounds rough to the maker of verse, but the one comfort we have is Cincinnati sounds worse. ~Oliver Wendal Holmes Sr.

Reply/Quote
Wasn't saying anything in a derogatory manner. I'm as huge a fan as the next person here. Was simply saying maybe the years of choking, missed field goals, poor time management, bad timing with injuries, playoff losses, Antonio Bryant signings etc etc... basically just saying I think our past failures have manifested to a point where this team knows it cant get ahead of themselves more so than a lot of others in this situation.
Reply/Quote
(11-08-2015, 08:49 PM)wasehs Wrote: Wasn't saying anything in a derogatory manner. I'm as huge a fan as the next person here. Was simply saying maybe the years of choking, missed field goals, poor time management, bad timing with injuries, playoff losses, Antonio Bryant signings etc etc... basically just saying I think our past failures have manifested to a point where this team knows it cant get ahead of themselves more so than a lot of others in this situation.

I understand your sentiment.  It may motivate the front office to perform better and learn from personnel mistakes....and I think they have done just that....but I'm not sure it affects any of these guys.  Most of them were toddlers , a few weren't even born then.

"Better send those refunds..."

Reply/Quote