Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Simmons on punt returners
(06-18-2021, 06:38 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: Hester is the greatest Kick Returner of all time for sure in my eyes. Adam and Deion, best Punt Returners.

Must not of seen as much of Mitchell, are we forgetting about the dude from the Chiefs back in the day? Hall?

Sproles also was a fantastic Returner on both Kicks and Punts from what I remember.

There was a guy named Drummond on the Lions who lit it up for a sec, but I only think that was like 1 year.

For what Hester did is pretty incredible as long as he did it. Same with Deion and Adam (especially with his off the field issues) lol

Hester is quite easily the greatest PR of all time. Are you thinking of someone else? Hester is known for his punt returns, he had 14 PR touchdowns in his career, compared to Sanders 6 and Adam Jones 5. As a matter of fact, Jones only had one PR TD here in Cincinnati.

I think it is quite common to think of Hester as a KR guy because of his touchdown in the SB back in 07, but he only had five KR TDs. Punts were by far his thing.
Reply/Quote
(06-21-2021, 09:08 AM)KillerGoose Wrote: Hester is quite easily the greatest PR of all time. Are you thinking of someone else? Hester is known for his punt returns, he had 14 PR touchdowns in his career, compared to Sanders 6 and Adam Jones 5. As a matter of fact, Jones only had one PR TD here in Cincinnati.

I think it is quite common to think of Hester as a KR guy because of his touchdown in the SB back in 07, but he only had five KR TDs. Punts were by far his thing.

Didn't Hester also have a missed FG return for TD?  That guy was just lightning in a bottle.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
(06-21-2021, 09:08 AM)KillerGoose Wrote: Hester is quite easily the greatest PR of all time. Are you thinking of someone else? Hester is known for his punt returns, he had 14 PR touchdowns in his career, compared to Sanders 6 and Adam Jones 5. As a matter of fact, Jones only had one PR TD here in Cincinnati.

Hence him and Mitchell for my picks; he broke Mitchell's PR TD record of 9 and in every videogame I've ever played from '95-2002ish, Mitchell always led the league in return stats (and in real-life too).
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
[Image: Truck_1_0_1_.png]
Reply/Quote
(06-21-2021, 09:42 AM)SunsetBengal Wrote: Didn't Hester also have a missed FG return for TD?  That guy was just lightning in a bottle.

Yes. It was an incredible highlight, too. He fielded the punt and walked forward for 2-3 yards and then took off.
Reply/Quote

Wow, you are correct, I do remember that stand out Kick Return. Thanks KillerGoose. Shocked

BTW, Dante Hall is the dude I am thinking about from the Chiefs lol
Reply/Quote