Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Simms with Burrow Interview
(06-21-2022, 04:45 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: Understandable, Susanna Hoff is one of the hottest babes ever in music. MAJOR HIT!!!PervertClapping

At 61, two years ago...

[Image: tquzsafdn6t51.jpg]

[Image: jamarr-chase.gif]
Reply/Quote
(06-22-2022, 09:15 AM)SHRacerX Wrote: Ok, even though maybe his coaches need to have a Top Gun watch party followed by a private screening of Maverick, every single time I watch and listen to Joe Burrow I come away impressed.

He is such a genuine guy.  Totally agree with what he said about things not needing to be "manufactured", and how he is just comfortable being himself.  So rare these days.  I can't think of any other NFL QB that would wear a Santa Clause hat and a Sponge Bob sweatshirt to a press conference.  And he did it not like he was playing a joke, or a dare, but just Joe being Joe.

His dedication to his mechanics, his body, and his overall desire for continuous improvement is admirable as well. 

He LOOKS like a different guy than he did when he arrived and it is so exciting to think of what year 3 can look like for him and the Bengals.  

(06-22-2022, 11:17 AM)fredtoast Wrote: A long time ago I accepted the fact that some of my favorite sports figures might not have great personalities or be very intelligent.  So I have never cared a lot how well they interviewed.

Bur that being said it really is nice to have a guy like Joe as the face of the franchise.  Mature. Articulate. Not too serious but not a clown. More than just a cliché generator.

(06-22-2022, 12:49 PM)bengalfan74 Wrote: There's people out there that just have "IT" he's one of them. Just the right touch of cocky without coming off as an asshat. Swag without being a jackass. Leader without screaming and acting like an idiot. Just being himself, there's gold in that statement.

Well said all of you guys. I am proud to have him as our QB and the face of the franchise. Great days ahead for us all
with Joe Burrow at the helm. The way he does things that just work for him and also liked the part about not giving away
the secret to playing in the rain with how he grips the ball. Being comfortable with himself as a person really just oozes 
out to the entire organization, the team, the coaches and the fans.
Reply/Quote
(06-22-2022, 01:29 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: Well said all of you guys. I am proud to have him as our QB and the face of the franchise. Great days ahead for us all
with Joe Burrow at the helm
. The way he does things that just work for him and also liked the part about not giving away
the secret to playing in the rain with how he grips the ball. Being comfortable with himself as a person really just oozes 
out to the entire organization, the team, the coaches and the fans.

Yes, sir.

And I have a sneaky feeling there will still be one fairly significant addition to the Bengals yet this preseason.  Maybe it will be Bates getting a long term extension, although I doubt it.  Maybe Odell or Fuller.  I don't know.  But one thing is for certain:  there will be a LOT of players that if they are going to get a one year prove it deal would like to have it under a guy like Burrow.  
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(06-23-2022, 07:51 AM)SHRacerX Wrote: Yes, sir.

And I have a sneaky feeling there will still be one fairly significant addition to the Bengals yet this preseason.  Maybe it will be Bates getting a long term extension, although I doubt it.  Maybe Odell or Fuller.  I don't know.  But one thing is for certain:  there will be a LOT of players that if they are going to get a one year prove it deal would like to have it under a guy like Burrow.  

No doubt. DeDe Westbrook doesn't have as many questions as those guys if he is healthy. Him and a vet Guard for depth at LG 
I could see happening. Like you said, a lot of players will gravitate here over other teams cause of Burrow and we are now one of
the top teams most would think are going to the Playoffs and maybe the SuperBowl and we will be wanting to finish it this time 
around. I know I have no team above us right now, not even the Bills.
Reply/Quote
I like how he has a coach catch the ball for him lol. Protecting those hands....
-The only bengals fan that has never set foot in Cincinnati 1-15-22
Reply/Quote
This video exposes Joe Burrow’s commitment to detail.Reminds me of Tom Brady.Brady is borderline perfectionist.
Reply/Quote
(06-21-2022, 02:34 PM)rfaulk34 Wrote: I've never played in the nfl but i've thrown plenty of footballs in my day, including regulation nfl footballs and i never put my pinky on the laces. It's alway just touching and i have 10" hands.

Well that just proves the myth is wrong about big hands.......
Reply/Quote
(06-23-2022, 01:53 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: No doubt. DeDe Westbrook doesn't have as many questions as those guys if he is healthy. Him and a vet Guard for depth at LG 
I could see happening. Like you said, a lot of players will gravitate here over other teams cause of Burrow and we are now one of
the top teams most would think are going to the Playoffs and maybe the SuperBowl and we will be wanting to finish it this time 
around. I know I have no team above us right now, not even the Bills.

Agreed.  And I, for one, LOVE all the Josh Allen hype.  I'm sure Burrow sees it.  And all the pressure on the Bills.  Sure, the AFC North is a tougher division, but I think the Bills won't get any bye weeks, either.
Reply/Quote
(06-22-2022, 01:00 PM)TheLeonardLeap Wrote: At 61, two years ago...

Excellent post!!!!
Reply/Quote
(06-24-2022, 07:13 AM)SHRacerX Wrote: Agreed.  And I, for one, LOVE all the Josh Allen hype.  I'm sure Burrow sees it.  And all the pressure on the Bills.  Sure, the AFC North is a tougher division, but I think the Bills won't get any bye weeks, either.

Yes, saw Allen was giving Brady some shit on twitter too. Firing up Brady isn't smart lol

I cannot wait to watch Burrow go against these two this season. I haven't been looking forward to two regular season games this 
much in forever. Also true that the Bills seem to have a lot of pressure on them after losing the way they did to the Chiefs. Everyone
is picking the Bills or one of the AFC West teams right now. Go ahead and overlook us.
Reply/Quote
(06-24-2022, 01:59 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: Yes, saw Allen was giving Brady some shit on twitter too. Firing up Brady isn't smart lol

I cannot wait to watch Burrow go against these two this season. I haven't been looking forward to two regular season games this 
much in forever. Also true that the Bills seem to have a lot of pressure on them after losing the way they did to the Chiefs. Everyone
is picking the Bills or one of the AFC West teams right now. Go ahead and overlook us.

I didn't really follow the Bills' off-season that closely, although I know they added Von Miller.  I can't help but think their defense is still suspect, but they do have a ton of talent and Allen is playing really well.

As a fan of a big, mobile QB,  you can't help but like Allen's toughness, BUT those runs could end up with an injury and I think he is a little reckless at times.  Lamar was living on borrowed time and always avoiding the big hits due to his elusiveness but it caught up with him.

Maybe we could (still in Jungle Noise) take turns doing an off-season report for each of the major (perceived) competitors?  Of course, we do every team in the AFC North, and probably the AFC West....then maybe the Bills and Dolphins?   Sorry, Pats...I just don't see it.  

I will write a post and see if there is any interest.  Hey, it is the slowest time of the NFL season.  Good time to break down the biggest threats to a Bengals Super Bowl VICTORY.  
Reply/Quote
(06-25-2022, 09:41 AM)SHRacerX Wrote: I didn't really follow the Bills' off-season that closely, although I know they added Von Miller.  I can't help but think their defense is still suspect, but they do have a ton of talent and Allen is playing really well.

As a fan of a big, mobile QB,  you can't help but like Allen's toughness, BUT those runs could end up with an injury and I think he is a little reckless at times.  Lamar was living on borrowed time and always avoiding the big hits due to his elusiveness but it caught up with him.

Maybe we could (still in Jungle Noise) take turns doing an off-season report for each of the major (perceived) competitors?  Of course, we do every team in the AFC North, and probably the AFC West....then maybe the Bills and Dolphins?   Sorry, Pats...I just don't see it.  

I will write a post and see if there is any interest.  Hey, it is the slowest time of the NFL season.  Good time to break down the biggest threats to a Bengals Super Bowl VICTORY.  

When was their defense suspect?  They had the #1 passing defense. We gave up 1500 more yds, more than double the TDs and we were a decent defense.  Bills will be very solid.

Reply/Quote
(06-22-2022, 01:00 PM)TheLeonardLeap Wrote: At 61, two years ago...

She’s married to Jack Hoff
Reply/Quote
(06-25-2022, 11:05 AM)Frank Booth Wrote: She’s married to Jack Hoff

Honestly, how old are you?

Reply/Quote
(06-25-2022, 11:05 AM)Frank Booth Wrote: She’s married to Jack Hoff

1. Her name is "Hoffs" not "Hoff".

2.  She is married to Jay Roach who directed the Austin Powers trilogy in addition to more critically acclaimed films like "Trumbo".

3.  The character Austin Powers was originally created by Mike Meyers as part of a SNL skit about a faux British 60's band called "Ming Tea".  Susanna Hoffs played a member of Ming Tea named Gillian Shagwell. Ming Tea performed in all three Austin Powers movies.
Reply/Quote
(06-25-2022, 04:34 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: Honestly, how old are you?

Reply/Quote
(06-25-2022, 09:41 AM)SHRacerX Wrote: I didn't really follow the Bills' off-season that closely, although I know they added Von Miller.  I can't help but think their defense is still suspect, but they do have a ton of talent and Allen is playing really well.

I really like the Bills drafting Khalil Shakur the WR out of Boise State. This guy could be a good one. Has great hands and makes 
insane catches kind of like Chad or OBJ but without off field issues. The Colts could be damn good too with Matt Ryan at QB and 
Jonathan Taylor who is a beast and I really love the way they play Defense Darius Leonard is a stud.

The Broncos now with Russell Wilson should be really good if some of his weapons show up cause they have a great Defense too.

Chargers also have a damn good team on both sides of the ball. We need to beat Herbert and these guys soon and shut up the 
Burrow vs Herbert talk of the next great QB. It is clearly Burrow when I watch the two play even though Herbert is great at getting
out of the pocket and throwing outside with his monster arm. Burrow is much more accurate and much smarter on the football field
from what I see. The Chiefs, eh... 

We are in the Chiefs head and they won't be as good unless all their young and new players play like vets right off the bat. Unlikely.

The Phins? Nah, I don't see them doing much except maybe getting around .500 which would be great for them. They need a QB.

Tua isn't the answer IMO.
Reply/Quote
(06-25-2022, 05:12 PM)fredtoast Wrote: 1. Her name is "Hoffs" not "Hoff".

2.  She is married to Jay Roach who directed the Austin Powers trilogy in addition to more critically acclaimed films like "Trumbo".

3.  The character Austin Powers was originally created by Mike Meyers as part of a SNL skit about a faux British 60's band called "Ming Tea".  Susanna Hoffs played a member of Ming Tea named Gillian Shagwell. Ming Tea performed in all three Austin Powers movies.

Sorry I left out the S on her last name. That was dumb of me, I forgot for that the one second when I responded.

Thanks for all that Fred, didn't know that she is married to Roach and all the Austin Powers trivia, good stuff. Smirk
Reply/Quote
(06-25-2022, 11:01 AM)casear2727 Wrote: When was their defense suspect?  They had the #1 passing defense. We gave up 1500 more yds, more than double the TDs and we were a decent defense.  Bills will be very solid.

They couldn't tackle for shit when it mattered. Our Defense actually did.

Did you watch that Defense against Mahomes and company Casear? My God it was embarrassing...

They would get right on Mahomes or the RB or Kelce/WR and be right there and just flail on the ground kind of trying to tackle.

It was honestly the saddest tackling I have seen in a long time and I am a Bengals fan lol

The Bills played great D all regular season but fell on their face literally against the Chiefs when it mattered most.
Reply/Quote
(06-25-2022, 10:57 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: They couldn't tackle for shit when it mattered. Our Defense actually did.

Did you watch that Defense against Mahomes and company Casear? My God it was embarrassing...

They would get right on Mahomes or the RB or Kelce/WR and be right there and just flail on the ground kind of trying to tackle.

It was honestly the saddest tackling I have seen in a long time and I am a Bengals fan lol

The Bills played great D all regular season but fell on their face literally against the Chiefs when it mattered most.

That #1 defense against the pass also got to face Miami, NYJ, and the Pats twice that season.  One of the games against the Pats was in what looked like a winter hurricane.  Pats literally only threw the ball once, I think.  That is why stats are misleading.  

While the Bengals defense hit their stride down the stretch, the Bills defense gave up 41 points to the Colts in week 10 (not a very good rush defense, clearly), 33 points to Tampa in week 13, and the 42 points you mentioned to the Chiefs in their playoff game.  

The Bengals defense could have probably been rated a lot higher facing the likes of last year's (and they should be much better this year) AFC East, Falcons, Panthers, Saints (with no QB), Jags, Commanders, and Texans (who put up a goose egg against the Bills last year).  

Bengals defense showed versatility (being able to hold down wide open attacks like KC and run-first attacks like Tennessee), adaptability (2nd half against Chiefs), and big play availability (3 INTs in each of the first two playoff games).  

It will be a grind with the schedules, but the return of Ossai, the addition of the draft picks, and the only real loss being Ogunjobi, I think the defense could really take off.  
Reply/Quote