Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Simms with Burrow Interview
(06-25-2022, 05:21 PM)Frank Booth Wrote: 69

Pervert
Reply/Quote
(06-25-2022, 10:57 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: They couldn't tackle for shit when it mattered. Our Defense actually did.

Did you watch that Defense against Mahomes and company Casear? My God it was embarrassing...

They would get right on Mahomes or the RB or Kelce/WR and be right there and just flail on the ground kind of trying to tackle.

It was honestly the saddest tackling I have seen in a long time and I am a Bengals fan lol

The Bills played great D all regular season but fell on their face literally against the Chiefs when it mattered most.

I never judge a team off of one game, especially in the playoffs. Didn't they destroy NE the prior to the Chiefs?  Did you watch the 1st Browns game we played? 

Bills gave up only 12 TDs through the air.  They aren't the 2000 Ravens or 85 Bears by any means, I just dont think they are "suspect", I hope they end up being mediocre to terrible.

Reply/Quote
(06-26-2022, 10:35 AM)SHRacerX Wrote: That #1 defense against the pass also got to face Miami, NYJ, and the Pats twice that season.  One of the games against the Pats was in what looked like a winter hurricane.  Pats literally only threw the ball once, I think.  That is why stats are misleading.  

While the Bengals defense hit their stride down the stretch, the Bills defense gave up 41 points to the Colts in week 10 (not a very good rush defense, clearly), 33 points to Tampa in week 13, and the 42 points you mentioned to the Chiefs in their playoff game.  

The Bengals defense could have probably been rated a lot higher facing the likes of last year's (and they should be much better this year) AFC East, Falcons, Panthers, Saints (with no QB), Jags, Commanders, and Texans (who put up a goose egg against the Bills last year).  

Bengals defense showed versatility (being able to hold down wide open attacks like KC and run-first attacks like Tennessee), adaptability (2nd half against Chiefs), and big play availability (3 INTs in each of the first two playoff games).  

It will be a grind with the schedules, but the return of Ossai, the addition of the draft picks, and the only real loss being Ogunjobi, I think the defense could really take off.  

True, but we let the Browns destroy us and the Jets looked Kurt Warner and the Rams of old...  if we are going to tout the unknown Ossai, we cant over look asshole Von Miller for them.

If we stay healthy again I like our D having everyone together again it's crazy to think that Awuzie, Apple, Flowers, Hendrickson were all newcomers, Wilson was a 2nd year player, etc.  I'm hoping for solid consistency from that group and perhaps the offense can help much more putting the other team in catch up mode a lot.

Reply/Quote
(06-26-2022, 12:43 PM)casear2727 Wrote: I never judge a team off of one game, especially in the playoffs. Didn't they destroy NE the prior to the Chiefs?  Did you watch the 1st Browns game we played? 

Bills gave up only 12 TDs through the air.  They aren't the 2000 Ravens or 85 Bears by any means, I just dont think they are "suspect", I hope they end up being mediocre to terrible.

Yeah, they were damn good all year besides that game. All I know is the Bills fans were saying afterwards how they wish 
they had a Defense like ours that could actually tackle. This was on the Bills board where I read tons of fans posts saying 
these things. I bet that Defense has been watching that Chiefs game all Offseason fuming though.

They could end up being a big time force this season. The Bills are the only team that scare me a bit honestly.
Reply/Quote
(06-26-2022, 03:13 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote:  All I know is the Bills fans were saying afterwards how they wish 
they had a Defense like ours that could actually tackle. This was on the Bills board where I read tons of fans posts saying 
these things. 

Just proves Bengal fans are not the only ones who put way too much emphasis on just one game.

Bills defense was much better than ours last year.
Reply/Quote
(06-26-2022, 03:21 PM)fredtoast Wrote: Just proves Bengal fans are not the only ones who put way too much emphasis on just one game.

Bills defense was much better than ours last year.

For sure.
Reply/Quote
(06-26-2022, 12:47 PM)casear2727 Wrote: True, but we let the Browns destroy us and the Jets looked Kurt Warner and the Rams of old...  if we are going to tout the unknown Ossai, we cant over look asshole Von Miller for them.

If we stay healthy again I like our D having everyone together again it's crazy to think that Awuzie, Apple, Flowers, Hendrickson were all newcomers, Wilson was a 2nd year player, etc.  I'm hoping for solid consistency from that group and perhaps the offense can help much more putting the other team in catch up mode a lot.

That Browns game was disgusting.  Moved the ball right down the field, Pick six from the end zone.  Moved the ball right down the field, drive stalls, FG.  Ugh.  

The Jets game was a third straight road game and only one other team had that last year.  Thankfully, there are no bunches like that on the schedule this year.

Your comment about the opposition always playing catch up reminds me of the Peyton Manning-led Colts.  They would get ahead and unleash the pass rush.  Hope we can do a lot of that  Wink
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(06-27-2022, 08:20 AM)SHRacerX Wrote: That Browns game was disgusting.  Moved the ball right down the field, Pick six from the end zone.  Moved the ball right down the field, drive stalls, FG.  Ugh.  

The Jets game was a third straight road game and only one other team had that last year.  Thankfully, there are no bunches like that on the schedule this year.

Your comment about the opposition always playing catch up reminds me of the Peyton Manning-led Colts.  They would get ahead and unleash the pass rush.  Hope we can do a lot of that  Wink

Yeah baby. Smirk

With the revamped OL I think we can do a lot of that. Get up big and unleash Hendrickson, BJ Hill and hopefully Ossai. ThumbsUp
Reply/Quote