Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Since Jeremy Hill came into the league. . .
I miss when people were held accountable for their own actions. Tez and Pac lost their composure. Hill fumbled and was terrible outside of 1 chunk gain. McCarron was abysmal for 95% of the game. Gio came up small...again...even before the dirty hit. The same Head Coach was coaching these guys and dropped to 0-7 in the playoffs. Hue had all these weapons at his disposal and the offense had their 2nd lowest output of the entire season (279 yards and 16 points). Weak.
The training, nutrition, medicine, fitness, playbooks and rules evolve. The athlete does not.
Reply/Quote
(04-22-2016, 01:30 PM)Shake n Blake Wrote: x3. Bravo, muskiesfan. 

Honestly, I think people let Burfict and Jones off the hook because (a) they're fan favorites and (b) they were flagged for fighting with our hated rival. Most of us as fans felt the same way Burfict and Jones did. The difference is that players are supposed to keep their composure in key moments. In a lot of ways, I do think we were shafted in that game. The flag on Williams, the non-TD to Wheaton (?) and the way Burfict was vilified after the game, etc etc. That said, Burfict and Jones should be held accountable for losing their cool. We still had the game in hand without the penalties.

As for Hill, his fumble can't be blamed on the Steelers being a-holes and a lot of folks just don't like Hill anyway, so it provides another reason to bash the dude.

Exactly, playing the NFL is a privilege and of all players Pacman should understand that. You need to act like a mature man in situations like that. Acting civilized and restrained in low pressure situations doesn't prove crap, its when the heat is on that you find out what a person is made of.
Reply/Quote
(04-23-2016, 12:04 PM)Shake n Blake Wrote: I miss when people were held accountable for their own actions. Tez and Pac lost their composure. Hill fumbled and was terrible outside of 1 chunk gain. McCarron was abysmal for 95% of the game. Gio came up small...again...even before the dirty hit. The same Head Coach was coaching these guys and dropped to 0-7 in the playoffs. Hue had all these weapons at his disposal and the offense had their 2nd lowest output of the entire season (279 yards and 16 points). Weak.

It's Dalton's fault. If he doesn't get hurt, we win.

Or we all blame him if we lost.
Check out my YouTube channel: https://www.youtube.com/user/AndWeGiveUp

[Image: Mx7IB2.png]
Reply/Quote
I do think that Hill had a bad year last year but not as bad as some say.

The only reason it was a bad year was cause of how frickin good he was as a rookie.

Hill started to look like is rookie self late in the season when we gave him more carries but the dude fumbled the ball away.

You just can't fumble the ****** ball.

Until Hill can hold onto the ball and beat out Gio he should not start. Gio was the better back last year in all phases.

Need to re-sign Giovani Bernard.
Reply/Quote
(04-23-2016, 03:14 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: I do think that Hill had a bad year last year but not as bad as some say.

The only reason it was a bad year was cause of how frickin good he was as a rookie.

Hill started to look like is rookie self late in the season when we gave him more carries but the dude fumbled the ball away.

You just can't fumble the ****** ball.

Until Hill can hold onto the ball and beat out Gio he should not start. Gio was the better back last year in all phases.

Need to re-sign Giovani Bernard.

No matter what your rookie year was, 3.6 yards per carry is always bad.

More cow mutilations were blamed on Eddie Lacy's stomach last year than all of the UFOs in history combined... and he still had a 4.1 YPC.

Did it look even worse because he had a good rookie season? Yes. Was it still a truly bad year regardless of that? Most certainly.

He still had bad games when he got the ball more. (The lack of getting the ball is often due to his ineffectiveness, you generally can't sustain offensive drives long enough to give a guy a ton of carries if he's getting 2 yards per carry.)  He had 4 games of at least 19 carries, which would get you 304 carries over 16 games, 300 generally being the "heavy workload" territory.

In those 4 games, he averaged 3.23 YPC. Noticeably worse than his season average of 3.56 YPC.

- - - - - - - -

I will agree with you that Gio was the better back last year in all phases, though.

It still baffles me that in the three games against Pittsburgh in 2015, he only had 13 carries and 7 catches despite taking those 13 carries for 80 yards (6.15 YPC) and those 7 catches for 51 yards (7.29 AVG), while remembering that one of those catches was for 1 yard and a Shazier crown of the helmet to the face. (8.33 AVG without that)... yet they just refused to use the guy.

[Image: jamarr-chase.gif]
Reply/Quote
(04-22-2016, 01:30 PM)Shake n Blake Wrote: x3. Bravo, muskiesfan. 

Honestly, I think people let Burfict and Jones off the hook because (a) they're fan favorites and (b) they were flagged for fighting with our hated rival. Most of us as fans felt the same way Burfict and Jones did. The difference is that players are supposed to keep their composure in key moments. In a lot of ways, I do think we were shafted in that game. The flag on Williams, the non-TD to Wheaton (?) and the way Burfict was vilified after the game, etc etc. That said, Burfict and Jones should be held accountable for losing their cool. We still had the game in hand without the penalties.

As for Hill, his fumble can't be blamed on the Steelers being a-holes and a lot of folks just don't like Hill anyway, so it provides another reason to bash the dude.

I defend those 2 because they were portrayed in the media as being the sole reason we lost. Everything leading up to that has been forgotten or dismissed. Yeah yeah i know, who cares what they think right. However in this case the entire organization and it's fans were under attack and the comments on Burfict and Jones were obscene.

You can't say we were shafted in that game and then turn around and wonder why they lost their composure either. 

Reply/Quote
(04-23-2016, 04:44 PM)Atomic Orange Wrote: I defend those 2 because they were portrayed in the media as being the sole reason we lost. Everything leading up to that has been forgotten or dismissed. Yeah yeah i know, who cares what they think right. However in this case the entire organization and it's fans were under attack and the comments on Burfict and Jones were obscene.

You can't say we were shafted in that game and then turn around and wonder why they lost their composure either. 

Sure I can. If they had made comments after the game on the officiating and the behavior of Steelers players and coaches, I would've backed that 100%

But you don't lose your cool in a moment like that. They played right into the Steelers' hands. When Porter stepped onto the field, he knew exactly what he was doing and our guys played right into it. I'm sure it's hard to keep your emotions in check in a situation like that, but that's why they're paid the big bucks. You're supposed to be calm under pressure and not do anything stupid that costs your teammates the game over something that didn't even happen between the whistles.

We all hate the Steelers and even though what they did was wrong and doesn't belong in the game, they were very calculated in what they were doing. They were trying to get our guys to lose their heads and they succeeded. Hopefully this year our guys can play with the same passion, but remain poised and calculated in what they do on the field. 

I also hope the officiating is less lopsided, but our players can only control themselves.
The training, nutrition, medicine, fitness, playbooks and rules evolve. The athlete does not.
Reply/Quote
(04-23-2016, 12:04 PM)Shake n Blake Wrote: I miss when people were held accountable for their own actions. Tez and Pac lost their composure. Hill fumbled and was terrible outside of 1 chunk gain. McCarron was abysmal for 95% of the game. Gio came up small...again...even before the dirty hit. The same Head Coach was coaching these guys and dropped to 0-7 in the playoffs. Hue had all these weapons at his disposal and the offense had their 2nd lowest output of the entire season (279 yards and 16 points). Weak.

I'm more irate with the head coach. While the defense showed a significant improvement over our past post season defensive performances, they also lost it at the end.

Then there's the offense. Like WTF? Why can't our offense show up in the playoffs? It's not like anyone can really point to McCarron as the reason for it as neither Dalton nor Palmer were any better in their chances in playoffs and they both had more shots at it. The common denominator is the HC. It doesn't seem to matter who the OC is or who the QB is or who the RB is or who the WRs are or who the TEs are. We've changed all those guys out for new guys in the last 11 years.

AJ Green goes down in 2014 and we sign ^$%#* Little. Who the &$*^# thought of that signing?
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Reply/Quote
(04-23-2016, 10:59 PM)BengalChris Wrote: I'm more irate with the head coach. While the defense showed a significant improvement over our past post season defensive performances, they also lost it at the end.

Then there's the offense. Like WTF? Why can't our offense show up in the playoffs? It's not like anyone can really point to McCarron as the reason for it as neither Dalton nor Palmer were any better in their chances in playoffs and they both had more shots at it. The common denominator is the HC. It doesn't seem to matter who the OC is or who the QB is or who the RB is or who the WRs are or who the TEs are. We've changed all those guys our for new guys in the last 11 years.

AJ Green goes down in 2014 and we sign ^$%#* Little. Who the &$*^# thought of that signing?

I agree 100%. While I feel everyone should be held accountable, there is a chain of command and Marv is near the top.

There's a reason why HC's are fired when players fail to perform.
Reply/Quote
(04-23-2016, 01:06 PM)wolfkaosaun Wrote: It's Dalton's fault. If he doesn't get hurt, we win.

Or we all blame him if we lost.

#truth
Reply/Quote
(04-23-2016, 10:59 PM)BengalChris Wrote: Then there's the offense. Like WTF? Why can't our offense show up in the playoffs? It's not like anyone can really point to McCarron as the reason for it as neither Dalton nor Palmer were any better in their chances in playoffs and they both had more shots at it. The common denominator is the HC. It doesn't seem to matter who the OC is or who the QB is or who the RB is or who the WRs are or who the TEs are. We've changed all those guys our for new guys in the last 11 years.

I'd rep you for this, but I'm on my phone and I cannot.

For all the flak Dalton has taken for his postseason meltdowns (most of which is warranted), there is one common denominator in the Bengals' last 7 postseason failures and nobody ever wants to address it.
Our father, who art in Hell
Unhallowed, be thy name
Cursed be thy sons and daughters
Of our nemesis who are to blame
Thy kingdom come, Nema
Reply/Quote
(04-24-2016, 03:15 PM)BigPapaKain Wrote:  there is one common denominator in the Bengals' last 7 postseason failures and nobody ever wants to address it.

Dumbest comment I have read in a long time.

It has been addressed about a million times.

In fact it has been beaten to death.
Reply/Quote
(04-24-2016, 03:44 PM)fredtoast Wrote: Dumbest comment I have read in a long time.

That along with the Dalton Doubters will continue to be beaten to death until something changes. Whether a new face or success. But until then, it's a never-ending circle we continue to argue.
Check out my YouTube channel: https://www.youtube.com/user/AndWeGiveUp

[Image: Mx7IB2.png]
Reply/Quote
(04-24-2016, 04:02 PM)wolfkaosaun Wrote: That along with the Dalton Doubters will continue to be beaten to death until something changes. Whether a new face or success. But until then, it's a never-ending circle we continue to argue.

Circle of life?
Reply/Quote
(04-24-2016, 03:15 PM)BigPapaKain Wrote: I'd rep you for this, but I'm on my phone and I cannot.

For all the flak Dalton has taken for his postseason meltdowns (most of which is warranted), there is one common denominator in the Bengals' last 7 postseason failures and nobody ever wants to address it.

[Image: hqdefault.jpg]
Reply/Quote
(04-24-2016, 06:28 PM)Nately120 Wrote: [Image: hqdefault.jpg]

[Image: th?id=OIP.M298068661a6eb2b988e5dbb67c9a6...=300&h=300]
Reply/Quote
(04-24-2016, 12:40 PM)Shake n Blake Wrote: I agree 100%. While I feel everyone should be held accountable, there is a chain of command and Marv is near the top.

There's a reason why HC's are fired when players fail to perform.

No Doubt !

The lack of accountability from the top on down is the real reason this team fails in crunch time. One could go on for pages and still not cover all the examples.

But the main thing that pulls the rug out from under it all right from the jump is - we have a HC in place entering his 14th season and he's 0-7 in the playoffs !!

It's like having a Police Chief standing right in front of the station taking bribes for tickets then expecting the officers to be honest.
Reply/Quote
(04-24-2016, 03:44 PM)fredtoast Wrote: Dumbest comment I have read in a long time.

You've clearly not read some of your own posts.

Petty jibes aside, the vast majority of blame has rarely been on the head coach. I've watched every QB for the last 11 years get crucified a billion times and Lewis...well he's gotten a share of it, too. But the vast majority of blame never goes to the guy in charge for some reason. Burfict got vilified by most and very few said Lewis should shoulder his share of the blame for not controlling his team better. The Bengals are abysmal in big games and Dalton is the latest scapegoat to nearly everyone, but far fewer will mention the entire team rarely looks ready for big games.

I'll concede I painted with far too broad of strokes in my last post, but seeing all of this 'it's so and so's fault' without seeing Lewis' name with any regularity is annoying.
Our father, who art in Hell
Unhallowed, be thy name
Cursed be thy sons and daughters
Of our nemesis who are to blame
Thy kingdom come, Nema
Reply/Quote
For whatever reason, he lost a little speed that's what I'm hoping that improves.I never been worried about his hands,yes the fumble hurt like hell ,but we all forgave dAlton.
Reply/Quote
(04-23-2016, 04:25 PM)TheLeonardLeap Wrote: No matter what your rookie year was, 3.6 yards per carry is always bad.

More cow mutilations were blamed on Eddie Lacy's stomach last year than all of the UFOs in history combined... and he still had a 4.1 YPC.

Did it look even worse because he had a good rookie season? Yes. Was it still a truly bad year regardless of that? Most certainly.

He still had bad games when he got the ball more. (The lack of getting the ball is often due to his ineffectiveness, you generally can't sustain offensive drives long enough to give a guy a ton of carries if he's getting 2 yards per carry.)  He had 4 games of at least 19 carries, which would get you 304 carries over 16 games, 300 generally being the "heavy workload" territory.

In those 4 games, he averaged 3.23 YPC. Noticeably worse than his season average of 3.56 YPC.

- - - - - - - -

I will agree with you that Gio was the better back last year in all phases, though.

It still baffles me that in the three games against Pittsburgh in 2015, he only had 13 carries and 7 catches despite taking those 13 carries for 80 yards (6.15 YPC) and those 7 catches for 51 yards (7.29 AVG), while remembering that one of those catches was for 1 yard and a Shazier crown of the helmet to the face. (8.33 AVG without that)... yet they just refused to use the guy.

Cannot argue with any of this. Great post.
Reply/Quote