Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Since We're Rebuilding...Why Not Do It With High Character Guys?
I hear the Vienna Boys Choir won't be too busy after Christmas.. Maybe we can sign them.. at least they could sing Little Drummer Boy at half time.. 
It's the entertainment value after all!  
In the immortal words of my old man, "Wait'll you get to be my age!"

Chicago sounds rough to the maker of verse, but the one comfort we have is Cincinnati sounds worse. ~Oliver Wendal Holmes Sr.

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(11-12-2017, 07:33 PM)grampahol Wrote: I hear the Vienna Boys Choir won't be too busy after Christmas.. Maybe we can sign them..

We could not make the playoffs and not win a playoff game with them too. Same result as the current team.
Reply/Quote
The Patriots take some selected headcases and try to reform them. If it's not working out they cut them right away except for that one murderer.

The good teams try to keep a foundation of good, respectable players. Does Burfict do any local commercials? I don't know any company that would pay him money to do a soup commercial.
Reply/Quote
(11-12-2017, 07:34 PM)THE PISTONS Wrote: We could not make the playoffs and not win a playoff game with them too. Same result as the current team.

I dunno..other teams might be afraid of beating up on little kids..
In the immortal words of my old man, "Wait'll you get to be my age!"

Chicago sounds rough to the maker of verse, but the one comfort we have is Cincinnati sounds worse. ~Oliver Wendal Holmes Sr.

Reply/Quote
(11-12-2017, 07:30 PM)THE PISTONS Wrote: Delanie Walker was all touching that one referee showing him how he got a penalty and no penalty. The NFL is just inconsistent.
The NFL is trying to get rid of Burfict just like they did with James Harrison. Harrison single handedly ended Josh Cribbs productive career. He was the best player on the Browns and took some massive hits taking years off his career.

Burfict is more of a personal foul guy who creates a lot of drama that is unwatchable on tv.
Reply/Quote
We already have built with good character players. We're really only talking about 2 guys. Burfict and Pacman. Pacman is likely gone soon. Burfict I don't see going anywhere anytime soon.
The training, nutrition, medicine, fitness, playbooks and rules evolve. The athlete does not.
Reply/Quote
(11-12-2017, 07:44 PM)Shake n Blake Wrote: We already have built with good character players. We're really only talking about 2 guys. Burfict and Pacman. Pacman is likely gone soon. Burfict I don't see going anywhere anytime soon.

Mixon hasn't had any issues while here...but there would be some teams that wouldn't take him. But, I'd keep him until he acted up...IF ever.
Reply/Quote
(11-12-2017, 06:54 PM)THE PISTONS Wrote: Time for the undisciplined guys with off or on-the-field issues to go. It's hard to win in the NFL. It's even harder with undisciplined guys that play stupid.

It's time to waive Adam Jones. He's terrible on the field. Time to go. Let Jackson if healthy and Dennard play.

We need to strongly consider if we can win with Burfict. Yeah I don't think his contact with Murray warranted a personal foul...but then he was mixing it up with a Titan after the play and the ref came in to separate them and he clearly pushed his arm away. You just can't do that.

Can we keep a guy on the roster who is 1 hit away from a year suspension? Or are we better off just counting our losses now and replacing him with a reliable player?

We can have a 3-6 record with just about any player.

It's time to let the next coaching staff inherit a roster that is controllable.

I would like to also waive fans that whine like 10 year old girls everyday  Smirk
Free Agency ain't over until it is over. 

First 6 years BB - 41 wins and 54 losses with 1-1 playoff record with 2 teams Browns and Pats
Reply/Quote
(11-12-2017, 07:02 PM)THE PISTONS Wrote: We can't win in the NFL with guys like that.

The Burfict gets ejected and is doing the Maziel Money sign to the crowd. This guy is supposed to be a leader. He's extremely immature.

Not 100% sure but I thought that was Burficts wife he was talking to in the stands and explaining to her what happened. She then preceeded to give the middle finger toward the field as in she was flipping off the officials. He then was giving her the money sign like I think he was saying they want my money. I may be wrong but that is how I took it like it's about the money. I don't think it was like the Johnny football thing. JMO
Reply/Quote
(11-12-2017, 08:01 PM)Luvnit2 Wrote: I would like to also waive fans that whine like 10 year old girls everyday  Smirk

Yeah...I know some on this board would like it to be filled with homers who talk about how drastically the offensive line is improving, etc.

Maybe a 'Best 3-6 Team in the History of Football?' would please you?
Reply/Quote
(11-12-2017, 08:01 PM)Luvnit2 Wrote: I would like to also waive fans that whine like 10 year old girls everyday  Smirk

Ironically, I was 10 the last time the Bengals won a playoff game.
Reply/Quote
(11-12-2017, 08:03 PM)hoosierbengal Wrote: Not 100% sure but I thought no that was Burficts wife he was talking to in the stands and explaining to her what happened. She the preceeded to give the middle finger toward the field as in she was flipping off the officials. He then was giving her the money sign like I think he was saying they want my money. I may be wrong but that is how I took it like it's about the money. I don't think it was like the Johnny football thing. JMO

CBS reported this:
https://www.cbssports.com/nfl/news/vontaze-burfict-ejected-for-contact-with-ref-flashes-manziel-money-sign-on-way-out/
Reply/Quote
(11-12-2017, 08:05 PM)THE PISTONS Wrote: Ironically, I was 10 the last time the Bengals won a playoff game.

so you are saying you are stuck in a time warp?
Free Agency ain't over until it is over. 

First 6 years BB - 41 wins and 54 losses with 1-1 playoff record with 2 teams Browns and Pats
Reply/Quote
I am not being a Homer, but the total wins of the Bengals, Ravens and Browns add up to the total of the leader of the AFC North division.

The Ravens got old on defense and missed on some drafts. Flacco is playing injured and is most likely on a quick downward spiral. The Bengals had their shot and self-destructed. The Browns are the Browns what can you say.

Bengals are done for the season and should find out what they got in other players at this point. They need a bunch of players on both sides of the ball. If they get a high enough draft pick they should try for a QB early and then double up with the OL.
Reply/Quote
(11-12-2017, 08:06 PM)THE PISTONS Wrote: CBS reported this:
https://www.cbssports.com/nfl/news/vontaze-burfict-ejected-for-contact-with-ref-flashes-manziel-money-sign-on-way-out/

Well that is how CBS interpreted what he did. They said he argued with fans but he was talking to his wife/girlfriend. Unless there was some other interaction I didn't see with another fan. Just saw a article on yahoo that said he was arguing with a fan and the pic they showed was his lady. He did the money thing to her so that is why I thought he was doing that. I can't say for sure but as I said that is just my opinion. I may be way off.
Reply/Quote
(11-12-2017, 08:25 PM)hoosierbengal Wrote: Well that is how CBS interpreted what he did. They said he argued with fans but he was talking to his wife/girlfriend. Unless there was some other interaction I didn't see with another fan. Just saw a article on yahoo that said he was arguing with a fan and the pic they showed was his lady. He did the money thing to her so that is why I thought he was doing that. I can't say for sure but as I said that is just my opinion. I may be way off.

He should have walked away and done nothing. That is one of the Bengal's captains. That should explain why the team has so many problems. Poor leadership from the coaches to the players.
Reply/Quote

RE the Pistons,
we would of won the last playoff gm if not for Hills late fumble...
yea there were penalties later but all Hill had to do is run 3 times straight ahead & not fumble.....game over....I agree w/ not likeing stupid penalties but i'm not about to lay all the blame on Adam Jones & Burfict.....

right now we're screwed b/c the 2 OT's we drafted to replace our last 2 can't cut it....& Bodines been weak from day 1....that's not Adam Jones fault or Burficts....

Jones has been one of our best CB's for many years imo, & returning punts....
we all know the 2 calls today on Burfict were weak....but it is what it is....

but i'd rather focus on our #1 problem....fixing the O-line in next years draft....
Jones is 34, he'll be gone soon....but overall he's had a many  good years here as a Bengal....
befor you run Burfict out of town you might want to ask yourself.....who's going to replace him....??
maybe it's just "pick your poison"...a tough guy like #55 or someone whos weak....gets ran over.....b/c you know this team does NOT draft LB's high....
Reply/Quote
(11-12-2017, 07:22 PM)thillan Wrote: I think our first round pick might be Fitzpatrick, the safety from Alabama. He's a smart, level-headed blue chip talent that could help. I know it isn't our biggest need.. but I think this team needs to look for the best talent on the board at this point.

And he’s from New Jersey!

Seriously though, we need to address the O-line early and often.
Reply/Quote
One of those high character guys, a certain left tackle, is having another excellent start for the Rams.
Through 2023

Mike Brown’s Owner/GM record: 32 years  223-303-4  .419 winning pct.
Playoff Record:  5-9, .357 winning pct.  
Zac Taylor coaching record, reg. season:  37-44-1. .455 winning pct.
Playoff Record: 5-2, .714 winning pct.
Reply/Quote
(11-12-2017, 08:25 PM)nickndfl Wrote: I am not being a Homer, but the total wins of the Bengals, Ravens and Browns add up to the total of the leader of the AFC North division.  

The Ravens got old on defense and missed on some drafts. Flacco is playing injured and is most likely on a quick downward spiral. The Bengals had their shot and self-destructed. The Browns are the Browns what can you say.

Bengals are done for the season and should find out what they got in other players at this point. They need a bunch of players on both sides of the ball. If they get a high enough draft pick they should try for a QB early and then double up with the OL.
I see no need to draft a QB high....
if A.D. has time he's fine....
also if our O-line was good they could open holes or our RB's....

i'd say draft 2 OT's, a OC & 2 OGS....EARLY
that's right...
draft a whole new line....
no more WR's next yr....maybe a TE & LB
but the O-line is by far this teams main problem....
fix that EARLY.....or next season will also be a disaster....
& if marvin is replaced I hope it's w/ Josh Daniels...the Pats OC
as it seems every year our #1 problem is our offense sucks.....can't score points.....can't run the ball...
Reply/Quote