Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Since We're Rebuilding...Why Not Do It With High Character Guys?
(11-12-2017, 07:10 PM)nickndfl Wrote: Coaches cannot plan around the unexpected penalties and ejections. Birth Defect should have been cut when he cost the Bengals the playoff victory last time against the Steelers. He's good, but not good enough when he keeps on doing stupid shit all the time. I imagine he is a locker room cancer too.

Their both not good people in general
Reply/Quote
(11-12-2017, 08:08 PM)Luvnit2 Wrote: so you are saying you are stuck in a time warp?

I would argue that the people who expect the Bengals to win are.

Just what exactly am I saying that is incorrect?
Reply/Quote
(11-12-2017, 08:31 PM)Steve Wrote: RE the Pistons,
we would of won the last playoff gm if not for Hills late fumble...
yea there were penalties later but all Hill had to do is run 3 times straight ahead & not fumble.....game over....I agree w/ not likeing stupid penalties but i'm not about to lay all the blame on Adam Jones & Burfict.....

right now we're screwed b/c the 2 OT's we drafted to replace our last 2 can't cut it....& Bodines been weak from day 1....that's not Adam Jones fault or Burficts....

Jones has been one of our best CB's for many years imo, & returning punts....
we all know the 2 calls today on Burfict were weak....but it is what it is....

but i'd rather focus on our #1 problem....fixing the O-line in next years draft....
Jones is 34, he'll be gone soon....but overall he's had a many  good years here as a Bengal....
befor you run Burfict out of town you might want to ask yourself.....who's going to replace him....??
maybe it's just "pick your poison"...a tough guy like #55 or someone whos weak....gets ran over.....b/c you know this team does NOT draft LB's high....

The bigger picture is this team finds ways to lose games. Yeah Hills fumble was big. But they also played terrible for over half the game.

Today the defense doesn't play well. Some games we miss a FG.

There are no strengths of this team when the pressure is on. The culture is toxic.
Reply/Quote
(11-12-2017, 10:04 PM)THE PISTONS Wrote: The culture is toxic.

This team is poops. I'm tired of being the toilet paper.

Just freaking move, for all i care. 

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

"The measure of a man's intelligence can be seen in the length of his argument."
Reply/Quote
Have preached character players for years.

Really thought we were headed in that direction in 2011 but that was a dillusional dream of mine.

The water tastes funny when you're far from your home,
yet it's only the thirsty that hunger to roam. 
          Roam the Jungle !
Reply/Quote
(11-12-2017, 10:12 PM)Go Cards Wrote: Have preached character players for years.

Really thought we were headed in that direction in 2011 but that was a dillusional dream of mine.

Yeah there are no shortcuts to winning in the NFL. The Bengals try to take them.
Reply/Quote
(11-12-2017, 08:37 PM)t3r3e3 Wrote: One of those high character guys, a certain left tackle, is having  another excellent start for the Rams.

Another one is making plays for NE.

Quote:"Success doesn’t mean every single move they make is good" ~ Anonymous 
"Let not the dumb have to educate" ~ jj22
Reply/Quote
(11-12-2017, 10:02 PM)THE PISTONS Wrote: I would argue that the people who expect the Bengals to win are.

Never said your creating 5 threads a day whining had incorrect information. Just a whole lot of  Cry  Cry  Cry
Free Agency ain't over until it is over. 

First 6 years BB - 41 wins and 54 losses with 1-1 playoff record with 2 teams Browns and Pats
Reply/Quote
(11-12-2017, 08:25 PM)hoosierbengal Wrote: Well that is how CBS interpreted what he did. They said he argued with fans but he was talking to his wife/girlfriend. Unless there was some other interaction I didn't see with another fan. Just saw a article on yahoo that said he was arguing with a fan and the pic they showed was his lady. He did the money thing to her so that is why I thought he was doing that. I can't say for sure but as I said that is just my opinion. I may be way off.

It was Brandie....as usual, it's blown out of proportion because, Burfict.  That said, he made this bed......

"Better send those refunds..."

Reply/Quote
(11-12-2017, 10:04 PM)THE PISTONS Wrote: The bigger picture is this team finds ways to lose games. Yeah Hills fumble was big. But they also played terrible for over half the game.

Today the defense doesn't play well. Some games we miss a FG.

There are no strengths of this team when the pressure is on. The culture is toxic.

since when is this new....???
the Bengals almost NEVER play a complete game....mistakes happen....

but that's no reason to single out two players & blame them for everything....

you're not in the locker room....so how do you know the culture is toxic..?

we lost another game....the guys are frustrated....all of them....
hell i'd say you & I & everyone on this site is both frustrated as fans.....I just think it's not right to single out Burfict & Jones....
to me if you want to cast blame...blame the O-line.....
WE CAN'T RUN THE BALL..!!!!!
WE CAN'T RUN THE BALL......!!!!!!!!!!!!!
DALTON RUNS FOR HIS LIFE TOO MUCH...!!!!!!
you can't blame Jones or Burfict for that.......
or can you..?
Reply/Quote
(11-12-2017, 10:47 PM)THE PISTONS Wrote: Yeah there are no shortcuts to winning in the NFL. the Bengals try to take them
fine then THE PISTONS....
lets get all nice guys & never win a game.....
what will you complain about then....?
Reply/Quote
(11-12-2017, 10:06 PM)rfaulk34 Wrote: This team is poops. I'm tired of being the toilet paper.

Just freaking move, for all i care. 

go ahead...tap out....
don't let the door hi ya on the ass....
Reply/Quote
(11-12-2017, 10:02 PM)THE PISTONS Wrote: I would argue that the people who expect the Bengals to win are.

all we need to do is fix the O-line.....

but many ppl think this team couldn't win in a game vs. 1 yr old blind babies.....

find yourself a par.....stop crying....it'll be ok....
we can fix the O-line in the off season.....
relax.....sip on some orange koolaid.....
it's good...gives you confidence....all is not lost...
stop expecting perfection....b/c you will always be disappointed....
Reply/Quote
(11-12-2017, 09:08 PM)Igor Wrote: Their both not good people in general

oh yea right...
as if you would have a freaking clue....!!!
who are you....???
another god..?
Reply/Quote
(11-12-2017, 06:54 PM)THE PISTONS Wrote: Time for the undisciplined guys with off or on-the-field issues to go. It's hard to win in the NFL. It's even harder with undisciplined guys that play stupid.

It's time to waive Adam Jones. He's terrible on the field. Time to go. Let Jackson if healthy and Dennard play.

We need to strongly consider if we can win with Burfict. Yeah I don't think his contact with Murray warranted a personal foul...but then he was mixing it up with a Titan after the play and the ref came in to separate them and he clearly pushed his arm away. You just can't do that.

Can we keep a guy on the roster who is 1 hit away from a year suspension? Or are we better off just counting our losses now and replacing him with a reliable player?

We can have a 3-6 record with just about any player.

It's time to let the next coaching staff inherit a roster that is controllable.
Hell, if Bengals cut Burfict, the Steelers would sign him before he unpacked his locker. As a Steeler, he would likely never get another Roughing, Unsportsman like; or any other penalty called on him.
Reply/Quote
I guess when Mike Brown can get good character guys on the cheap, he'll listen. I'm not saying it can't happen, just saying we all know where guys with character issues are welcome in Cincinnati. Mike Brown is always looking for a deal and character issue guys seems to come at a lower price. Then Brown gets loyal and they have jobs for life. Damn near every problem the Bengals have goes back to the fact our owner/GM is a cheap ass.
Reply/Quote
(11-13-2017, 09:20 PM)Steve Wrote: fine then THE PISTONS....
lets get all nice guys & never win a game.....
what will you complain about then....?

We haven't won a playoff game in 26+ years. You act like we're a perennial playoff winner.

There's a difference between having all nice guys and guys that meltdown and get personal fouls at bad times in games.

The league will be booting Burfict anyways pretty soon. It's inevitable.
Reply/Quote
(11-13-2017, 09:28 PM)Steve Wrote: all we need to do is fix the O-line.....

but many ppl think this team couldn't win in a game vs. 1 yr old blind babies.....

find yourself a par.....stop crying....it'll be ok....
we can fix the O-line in the off season.....
relax.....sip on some orange koolaid.....
it's good...gives you confidence....all is not lost...
stop expecting perfection....b/c you will always be disappointed....

It will likely take 2-3 years to fix the offensive line.

Our recent drafts have been horrible and we don't really rely on free agency.

There's a big difference  between expecting perfection and the team having a bad offensive line last year and letting it's 2 best players leave in free agency. Some would call it self-inflicted.
Reply/Quote
(11-13-2017, 09:53 PM)muskiesfan Wrote: I guess when Mike Brown can get good character guys on the cheap, he'll listen. I'm not saying it can't happen, just saying we all know where guys with character issues are welcome in Cincinnati. Mike Brown is always looking for a deal and character issue guys seems to come at a lower price. Then Brown gets loyal and they have jobs for life. Damn near every problem the Bengals have goes back to the fact our owner/GM is a cheap ass.

Precisely. They don't want to pay the money for regular free agents so they sign guys that most other teams stay away from due to character issues.

Shortcuts.

We're losing so bad that some fans think we're winning.
Reply/Quote
(11-13-2017, 09:22 PM)Steve Wrote: go ahead...tap out....
don't let the door hi ya on the ass....

Nothing evAr hits me, dawg.

"The measure of a man's intelligence can be seen in the length of his argument."
Reply/Quote