Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Since We're Rebuilding...Why Not Do It With High Character Guys?
Time for the undisciplined guys with off or on-the-field issues to go. It's hard to win in the NFL. It's even harder with undisciplined guys that play stupid.

It's time to waive Adam Jones. He's terrible on the field. Time to go. Let Jackson if healthy and Dennard play.

We need to strongly consider if we can win with Burfict. Yeah I don't think his contact with Murray warranted a personal foul...but then he was mixing it up with a Titan after the play and the ref came in to separate them and he clearly pushed his arm away. You just can't do that.

Can we keep a guy on the roster who is 1 hit away from a year suspension? Or are we better off just counting our losses now and replacing him with a reliable player?

We can have a 3-6 record with just about any player.

It's time to let the next coaching staff inherit a roster that is controllable.
Reply/Quote
(11-12-2017, 06:54 PM)THE PISTONS Wrote: Time for the undisciplined guys with off or on-the-field issues to go. It's hard to win in the NFL. It's even harder with undisciplined guys that play stupid.

It's time to waive Adam Jones. He's terrible on the field. Time to go. Let Jackson if healthy and Dennard play.

We need to strongly consider if we can win with Burfict. Yeah I don't think his contact with Murray warranted a personal foul...but then he was mixing it up with a Titan after the play and the ref came in to separate them and he clearly pushed his arm away. You just can't do that.

Can we keep a guy on the roster who is 1 hit away from a year suspension? Or are we better off just counting our losses now and replacing him with a reliable player?

When players lose control, coaches must gain control. Do you know why Vontaze Burfict played so hard for Mike Zimmer? He was afraid of him!
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(11-12-2017, 06:56 PM)Fan_in_Kettering Wrote: When players lose control, coaches must gain control.  Do you know why Vontaze Burfict played so hard for Mike Zimmer?  He was afraid of him!

No he wasn't he respected Mike Zimmer and wanted to play for him. Not because of fear.

It's covered in Hard Knocks.
Reply/Quote
(11-12-2017, 06:56 PM)Fan_in_Kettering Wrote: When players lose control, coaches must gain control.  Do you know why Vontaze Burfict played so hard for Mike Zimmer?  He was afraid of him!

He was out of control in high school and college too.

But, I agree with you. Unfortunately I doubt that the Bengals Management wants a tough coach as they'll have trouble dealing with them.
Reply/Quote
Cut jones and vonte I'm sick of the penaltys
Reply/Quote
(11-12-2017, 07:00 PM)Igor Wrote: Cut jones and vonte I'm sick of the penaltys

We can't win in the NFL with guys like that.

The Burfict gets ejected and is doing the Maziel Money sign to the crowd. This guy is supposed to be a leader. He's extremely immature.
Reply/Quote
(11-12-2017, 06:58 PM)THE PISTONS Wrote: He was out of control in high school and college too.

But, I agree with you. Unfortunately I doubt that the Bengals Management wants a tough coach as they'll have trouble dealing with them.

That’s why Mike Brown didn’t hire Mike Zimmer as head coach. I’ve seen Mike Zimmer at camp and on YouTube and the way he treats his players who screw up is legendary. He lights them up hard!
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(11-12-2017, 07:02 PM)THE PISTONS Wrote: We can't win in the NFL with guys like that.

The Burfict gets ejected and is doing the Maziel Money sign to the crowd. This guy is supposed to be a leader. He's extremely immature.

Agreed. Burfict and pacman are ugly black eyes on the face of this organization (and Marvin is the fat lip). These guys are toxic. 

But we already know Mike has a soft spot for pacman and with Burfict recently getting an extension... Neither one of these guys are going anywhere, anytime soon 
Reply/Quote
(11-12-2017, 07:05 PM)Fan_in_Kettering Wrote: That’s why Mike Brown didn’t hire Mike Zimmer as head coach.  I’ve seen Mike Zimmer at camp and on YouTube and the way he treats his players who screw up is legendary.  He lights them up hard!

That is the main reason it took Zimmer so long to get a HC job. He's too brash and opinionated.

You think a coach like that would go along with stuff like 'Yeah we lost Zeitler but we get a Comp Pick!'
Reply/Quote
(11-12-2017, 07:00 PM)Igor Wrote: Cut jones and vonte I'm sick of the penaltys

Coaches cannot plan around the unexpected penalties and ejections. Birth Defect should have been cut when he cost the Bengals the playoff victory last time against the Steelers. He's good, but not good enough when he keeps on doing stupid shit all the time. I imagine he is a locker room cancer too.
Reply/Quote
(11-12-2017, 07:08 PM)Pat5775 Wrote: Agreed. Burfict and pacman are ugly black eyes on the face of this organization (and Marvin is the fat lip). These guys are toxic. 

But we already know Mike has a soft spot for pacman and with Burfict recently getting an extension... Neither one of these guys are going anywhere, anytime soon 

So by being 'the redeemer' we've signed a lot of troubled former 1st Round picks over the years.

They've thought they could add a ton of talent for no cost. Basically acknowledging we needed to take shortcuts to win.

What has it helped? 0 playoff wins.

We actually lost to the Steelers because these guys melted down a couple years ago.
Reply/Quote
If they run a fast 40 or bench press a lot... Then maybe we will talk about getting a high character guy
Reply/Quote
(11-12-2017, 07:12 PM)THE PISTONS Wrote: So by being 'the redeemer' we've signed a lot of troubled former 1st Round picks over the years.

They've thought they could add a ton of talent for no cost. Basically acknowledging we needed to take shortcuts to win.

What has it helped? 0 playoff wins.

We actually lost to the Steelers because these guys melted down a couple years ago.

Exactly. And I'm honestly not sure who's more to blame for that, Marvin or Mike. 
Reply/Quote
(11-12-2017, 07:10 PM)nickndfl Wrote: Coaches cannot plan around the unexpected penalties and ejections. Birth Defect should have been cut when he cost the Bengals the playoff victory last time against the Steelers. He's good, but not good enough when he keeps on doing stupid shit all the time. I imagine he is a locker room cancer too.

Agreed. What do the Bengals do? They extend him.
Reply/Quote
The Oakland Raiders were able to have a bunch of thugs and win Super Bowls back in the 1970s, but the rules have changed and the game is much more technical.
Reply/Quote
I think our first round pick might be Fitzpatrick, the safety from Alabama. He's a smart, level-headed blue chip talent that could help. I know it isn't our biggest need.. but I think this team needs to look for the best talent on the board at this point.
Reply/Quote
(11-12-2017, 06:54 PM)THE PISTONS Wrote: Time for the undisciplined guys with off or on-the-field issues to go. It's hard to win in the NFL. It's even harder with undisciplined guys that play stupid.

[Image: DOdVbRJX0AA8RG1.jpg]

Ref came in when he wasn't needed, pushed Burfict, and then refused to let him back on the field. Burfict lifted his arm up out of the way and he reacted like he was shot.

This is after the BS Murray penalty.

I have no problem saying Burfict does stupid shit and he's dirty at times. Both of those penalties were because of who he is, not what he did.

I mean hell, even Blandino is defending him and that's a rarity.

[Image: jamarr-chase.gif]
Reply/Quote
(11-12-2017, 07:19 PM)nickndfl Wrote: The Oakland Raiders were able to have a bunch of thugs and win Super Bowls back in the 1970s, but the rules have changed and the game is much more technical.

Yeah...the league protects the QB and players more in general because of all of this concussion stuff. It's a totally different game.
Reply/Quote
(11-12-2017, 07:17 PM)Pat5775 Wrote: Exactly. And I'm honestly not sure who's more to blame for that, Marvin or Mike. 

I remember years ago the Bengals waived Chris Henry for like the 2nd or 3rd time and Marvin made comments that Henry wouldn't be back. Then Mike Brown re-signed him.

I think that says a lot.

Although...if you were Marvin and you know the team won't pay free agents and you could get some former 1st Round picks at a discount...wouldn't you do it? IF it's no free agent or a troubled one?
Reply/Quote
(11-12-2017, 07:26 PM)TheLeonardLeap Wrote: [Image: DOdVbRJX0AA8RG1.jpg]

Ref came in when he wasn't needed, pushed Burfict, and then refused to let him back on the field. Burfict lifted his arm up out of the way and he reacted like he was shot.

This is after the BS Murray penalty.

I have no problem saying Burfict does stupid shit and he's dirty at times. Both of those penalties were because of who he is, not what he did.

I mean hell, even Blandino is defending him and that's a rarity.

Delanie Walker was all touching that one referee showing him how he got a penalty and no penalty. The NFL is just inconsistent.
Reply/Quote