Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Since starting 0-2 the Bengals are 4-1
The only loss coming @ Baltimore. Hope this hasn't been mentioned earlier. If so mods feel free to combine threads.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
Should be 8-3 or 7-4 here soon. Then, the schedule gets tough.
Reply/Quote
Still wish they had won those first two, but am very pleased with the direction the Bengals are headed

The water tastes funny when you're far from your home,
yet it's only the thirsty that hunger to roam. 
          Roam the Jungle !
Reply/Quote
(10-23-2022, 08:56 PM)THE PISTONS Wrote: Should be 8-3 or 7-4 here soon. Then, the schedule gets tough.

I don't know, that schedule doesn't look quite as tough as it once did.  If we're 7-4 going into those last six games, I think we can win four of them and finish at 11-7.  Dare I hope for 12-6?  
“We're 2-7!  What the **** difference does it make?!” - Bruce Coslet
Reply/Quote
(10-23-2022, 09:12 PM)Awful Llama Wrote: I don't know, that schedule doesn't look quite as tough as it once did.  If we're 7-4 going into those last six games, I think we can win four of them and finish at 11-7.  Dare I hope for 12-6?  

Tampa isn’t the threat they once seemed. At least at this time.
“History teaches that grave threats to liberty often come in times of urgency, when constitutional rights seem too extravagant to endure.”-Thurgood Marshall

Reply/Quote
(10-23-2022, 09:12 PM)Awful Llama Wrote: I don't know, that schedule doesn't look quite as tough as it once did.  If we're 7-4 going into those last six games, I think we can win four of them and finish at 11-7.  Dare I hope for 12-6?  

My concern is more immediate: Going into the bye week at 6-3.
Reply/Quote
(10-23-2022, 09:17 PM)michaelsean Wrote: Tampa isn’t the threat they once seemed. At least at this time.

Maybe by that time Brady will go into full Elvis-after-Priscilla-meltdown-mode over Gisele and eat dozens and dozens of PB & banana sandwiches and blow up to about 300 lbs.  
Reply/Quote
(10-23-2022, 09:23 PM)Fan_in_Kettering Wrote: My concern is more immediate: Going into the bye week at 6-3.

Monday night will be tough to be sure.  Cleveland won't go quietly, and they know if we beat them they drop to 2-6 and their season is just about over.  We'll get their best shot, and it's gonna be a slobber-knocker.  
Reply/Quote
(10-23-2022, 09:27 PM)Awful Llama Wrote: Monday night will be tough to be sure.  Cleveland won't go quietly, and they know if we beat them they drop to 2-6 and their season is just about over.  We'll get their best shot, and it's gonna be a slobber-knocker.  

Absolutely. The Dung can run the ball and play defense; that combination almost beat Baltimore today.
Reply/Quote
(10-23-2022, 09:27 PM)Awful Llama Wrote: Monday night will be tough to be sure.  Cleveland won't go quietly, and they know if we beat them they drop to 2-6 and their season is just about over.  We'll get their best shot, and it's gonna be a slobber-knocker.  

Thinking about making the drive for that one... going to be a good one.
[Image: 1500x500]
Reply/Quote

Math doesn’t check out. 17 game season lol

This team has gotten better each week (even when it was hard to see it), but we as fans overreact to both sides of the coin. Great win, but their secondary was decimated and their offense can’t throw the ball. I expected Atlanta to put up a better fight and us to not play quite so well. I’m thrilled with this one, but we still have issues to fix and could see another stumble or two before we really hit our stride.
Reply/Quote
(10-23-2022, 09:31 PM)leonardfan40 Wrote: Math doesn’t check out. 17 game season lol

This team has gotten better each week (even when it was hard to see it), but we as fans overreact to both sides of the coin. Great win, but their secondary was decimated and their offense can’t throw the ball. I expected Atlanta to put up a better fight and us to not play quite so well. I’m thrilled with this one, but we still have issues to fix and could see another stumble or two before we really hit our stride.

Derp.  Would you take 12-6 after our first-round playoff win?  Tongue
Reply/Quote
(10-23-2022, 09:28 PM)Fan_in_Kettering Wrote: Absolutely.  The Dung can run the ball and play defense; that combination almost beat Baltimore today.

But L Jack didn't exactly look like a million and a half dollar a year player. Then again maybe the Browns D is that good. 
Reply/Quote
(10-23-2022, 09:28 PM)Fan_in_Kettering Wrote: Absolutely. The Dung can run the ball and play defense; that combination almost beat Baltimore today.

Baltimore isn’t all that good and Cleveland is worse. It’s unbelievable the Bengals lost to the Ravens and the Steelers. They better not lose to the Browns.
“History teaches that grave threats to liberty often come in times of urgency, when constitutional rights seem too extravagant to endure.”-Thurgood Marshall

Reply/Quote
The Bengals have a must win next Monday against the Stains. It's AFC and Division so it is crucial for tiebreakers.
Reply/Quote
(10-23-2022, 09:42 PM)Joelist Wrote: The Bengals have a must win next Monday against the Stains. It's AFC and Division so it is crucial for tiebreakers.

x2

Big picture, Seahawks did us a favor beating the Chargers. Didn’t see that one coming. We are all knotted up at 4-3.

Fins up 10-0 on the Stoolers (not that I see the Stoolers being contenders)

Chiefs look STOUT. Watched the game against a solid 49’ers team.

——————

My current ratings ….

Tier I
Bills
Chiefs

Tier II
Rat Turds (by a hair over us)
Bengals
Chargers

Tier III
Jets
Titans

Tier IV
Pats
Stains
Reply/Quote
(10-23-2022, 09:53 PM)Whacked Wrote: x2

Big picture, Seahawks did us a favor beating the Chargers. Didn’t see that one coming. We are all knotted up at 4-3.

Fins up 10-0 on the Stoolers (not that I see the Stoolers being contenders)

Chiefs look STOUT. Watched the game against a solid 49’ers team.

——————

My current ratings ….

Bills
Chiefs
Rat Turds (by a hair over us)
Bengals
Chargers
Let’s be real, the only reason ppl have to rank BALT over us is because they beat us head to head.

We would put 42 on that same Balt D if we played then today. We are the better team, they just won the head to head game
-Housh
Reply/Quote
(10-23-2022, 09:53 PM)Whacked Wrote: Chiefs look STOUT. Watched the game against a solid 49’ers team.

Yeah they looked good against SF, but We also just destroyed the team who beat them handily last week in the Falcons.
Reply/Quote
(10-23-2022, 09:55 PM)Housh Wrote: Let’s be real, the only reason ppl have to rank BALT over us is because they beat us head to head.

We would put 42 on that same Balt D if we played then today. We are the better team, they just won the head to head game

Maybe. Today was the first time the Bengals looked like last year’s version which was absolutely better - but we played a very depleted Falcons D.
Reply/Quote
(10-23-2022, 10:02 PM)Rubekahn29 Wrote: Yeah they looked good against SF, but We also just destroyed the team who beat them handily last week in the Falcons.

Fair point but the Chiefs just look dang good IMO, as do the Bills. I don’t believe we can beat them “currently” until we return to last year’s form 100%.

I feel we took a step back “still” but we are getting there little by little for sure.

Just keeping it real

Let’s see if we take care of business w the Stains and Nick Chubb.
Reply/Quote