Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Singer ask White audience members to go To the back of the room
(11-03-2017, 11:00 AM)Belsnickel Wrote: If you perceive saying that the type of article in the OP, and creating a thread about it, is trolling/fishing for reactionary posts as an insult, then that's on you. It's a description of what is occurring. If you think it is a negative thing to be doing that then you can evaluate your own behavior. I'm trying to evaluate my own, these days.

Most blog posts, like those from the Daily Wire and other sites like it, are not written in language designed to spur a productive conversation. This is true for all parts of the political spectrum. Language choice matters with those sorts of things, and when something that is written comes across as aggressive, biased, etc., it isn't going to result in productive conversation because it creates an offensive and defensive side, which is toxic to these sorts of things. I'm not saying this is new, I'm not saying this is only a right-wing thing or that only you do it. Dino, Breech, Vlad, bfine, myself, we are all guilty of this type of interaction on here. That's why the environment in this sub is the way it is.

Lol blog posts.

So....
News from a conservative POV = blog posts
Leftist/progressive/establishment media = actual news
(11-03-2017, 11:11 AM)StLucieBengal Wrote: Lol blog posts.    

So....

Matt=Detailed explanation of his position and thinking going into it.

Lucy =[Image: bliners.jpg]
[Image: giphy.gif]
Your anger and ego will always reveal your true self.
(11-03-2017, 11:11 AM)StLucieBengal Wrote: Lol blog posts.

So....

Not at all. There is just a difference between an actual news site and a blog. There is a different level of quality in the writing, in the journalism itself, etc. I've made clear that there are conservative news sources out there I trust, and there are liberal sources that are more blogs that I don't. This is conversation you have been involved in. There is a reason I don't post things from Think Progress, or The Daily Kos, or what have you. These are essentially blogs, and Daily Wire is on the same level.
(11-03-2017, 11:23 AM)GMDino Wrote: Matt=Detailed explanation of his position and thinking going into it.

Lucy =[Image: bliners.jpg]

Or maybe I get tired of sanctimonius posts.
(11-03-2017, 11:52 AM)Belsnickel Wrote: Not at all. There is just a difference between an actual news site and a blog. There is a different level of quality in the writing, in the journalism itself, etc. I've made clear that there are conservative news sources out there I trust, and there are liberal sources that are more blogs that I don't. This is conversation you have been involved in. There is a reason I don't post things from Think Progress, or The Daily Kos, or what have you. These are essentially blogs, and Daily Wire is on the same level.

One of Your choices of “conservative” news ....

Weekly standard - Bill Kristol founder and editor .... he is an establishment progressive GOP. A basic neocon. - not conservative
(11-03-2017, 12:23 PM)StLucieBengal Wrote: One of Your choices of “conservative” news ....

Weekly standard - Bill Kristol founder and editor .... he is an establishment progressive GOP. A basic neocon. - not conservative

The "con" in neocon is short for conservative. Just because you don't agree with their views does not mean they do not fall within conservatism.
(11-03-2017, 12:16 PM)StLucieBengal Wrote: Or maybe I get tired of sanctimonius posts.

You can quit posting them any time....

Ninja
(11-03-2017, 12:29 PM)Belsnickel Wrote: The "con" in neocon is short for conservative. Just because you don't agree with their views does not mean they do not fall within conservatism.

Is this more of a "my version of conservative" versus the spectrum (big tent) of conservatism argument?
(11-03-2017, 12:29 PM)Belsnickel Wrote: The "con" in neocon is short for conservative. Just because you don't agree with their views does not mean they do not fall within conservatism.

Neocons are not traditional conservatives. They are big gov progressives.

It’s he same uniparty garbage that people including myself are tired.
(11-03-2017, 12:44 PM)StLucieBengal Wrote: Neocons are not traditional conservatives. They are big gov progressives.

It’s he same uniparty garbage that people including myself are tired.

Traditional conservatism is in favor of big government in certain things. You are in favor of big government in certain things.
(11-03-2017, 10:31 AM)StLucieBengal Wrote: I am not the one crying constantly over dailywire or any other source that is used on the board that I may not agree. You have chosen to pout and post pictures trying to give some veiled insult. At least have the guts to come at me or anyone else directly. Unless you are just a tippy toe type of dude.

Your views of conversation is only productive if it is framed the way you believe. If you can’t discuss a topic that is slanted the other way then you should have a word with yourself. Conservatives have had their entire lives discussing topics slanted to the left. Now it’s the leftists turn.

Complaining about veiled insults in one sentences while insulting someone in the very next sentence? Classic.
(11-03-2017, 12:50 PM)Belsnickel Wrote: Traditional conservatism is in favor of big government in certain things. You are in favor of big government in certain things.

Please share what you believe the big gov policies by traditional conservatives.

Outside of defense which the neocons blew that spending out.

The true traditional conservative President we had was Calvin Coolidge. Reagan did what he could but suffered with a democrat led congress.
(11-03-2017, 01:59 PM)StLucieBengal Wrote: Please share what you believe the big gov policies by traditional conservatives.

Outside of defense which the neocons blew that spending out.

The true traditional conservative President we had was Calvin Coolidge. Reagan did what he could but suffered with a democrat led congress.

"Please share big government conservative policies, except for the largest example of it, that doesn't count." You aren't interested in an earnest discussion about political ideologies, so I'm not going to waste my time typing up a meaningful response.
(11-03-2017, 02:52 PM)Belsnickel Wrote: "Please share big government conservative policies, except for the largest example of it, that doesn't count." You aren't interested in an earnest discussion about political ideologies, so I'm not going to waste my time typing up a meaningful response.

Defense is defense. That is actually the gov’s job.

Now this neocon nation building scam is quite another. That is all progressive bs. I certainly do not support that’ stuff. I am just fine letting these countries go into madness
(11-03-2017, 11:10 PM)StLucieBengal Wrote: Defense is defense. That is actually the gov’s job.

Now this neocon nation building scam is quite another. That is all progressive bs. I certainly do not support that’ stuff. I am just fine letting these countries go into madness

Then ***** about ISIS when they do descend into madness.

In addition to being a fake libertarian you're also a fake Christian.
(11-03-2017, 12:50 PM)Belsnickel Wrote: Traditional conservatism is in favor of big government in certain things. You are in favor of big government in certain things.

Isn't that kind of putting the cart in front of the horse? 

Because "they favor big government" they pump money into the military?

Secondly, "favoring" big government implies a choice. They have no choice. It is the duty of the government to provide for a military.
Whether you want to twist that into "favoring big government" is on you.
(11-04-2017, 12:07 AM)oncemoreuntothejimbreech Wrote: Then ***** about ISIS when they do descend into madness.

In addition to being a fake libertarian you're also a fake Christian.

Eh, I think the fake Christian distinction should go to your pal Dino.

That guy never passes up an opportunity to ridicule God and the tenets of Christianity... yet never misses Sunday mass.
(11-03-2017, 11:10 PM)StLucieBengal Wrote: Defense is defense. That is actually the gov’s job.

What the role of the government is depends on your ideological views, along with the size and scope of the defense spending.

(11-06-2017, 12:24 PM)Vlad Wrote: Isn't that kind of putting the cart in front of the horse? 

Because "they favor big government" they pump money into the military?

Secondly, "favoring" big government implies a choice. They have no choice. It is the duty of the government to provide for a military.
Whether you want to twist that into "favoring big government" is on you.

See above. The duty of the government is dependent on your ideological bent. Conservatives tend to favor restrictions of liberty to provide for security, order, etc. That's big government, whether you agree with it or not. Liberals prefer government intervention to promote equity, that's big government playing a role in that. Your ideological views will color what you see as the primary role of government and what you see as a more acceptable use of our resources.
(11-06-2017, 12:34 PM)Belsnickel Wrote: Conservatives tend to favor restrictions of liberty to provide for security, order, etc. 

Ehhhh, maybe the neocons, not the real conservatives.
--------------------------------------------------------

(11-06-2017, 03:45 PM)JustWinBaby Wrote: Ehhhh, maybe the neocons, not the real conservatives.

Neocons are more about "spreading democracy" with our military than more traditional conservatives, but traditional conservatives still tend to favor sacrifices to liberty on behalf of law and order, security, etc.