Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Singer ask White audience members to go To the back of the room
(11-02-2017, 01:51 PM)bfine32 Wrote: http://thebengalsboard.com/Forum-P-n-R

I recommend you do your own research.   Mellow
[Image: giphy.gif]
Your anger and ego will always reveal your true self.
(11-02-2017, 12:04 PM)Sociopathicsteelerfan Wrote: I don't think extremists like this singer are intelligent enough to realize just how counter productive this kind of behavior is.  This kind of stuff turns off far more people than it converts. 

But that's how they identify the intolerant bigots...
--------------------------------------------------------

(11-02-2017, 01:43 PM)bfine32 Wrote: No insult intended?

I wouldn't say I am intending it to be an insult to say this is trolling/fishing, though I suppose one could be inferred. Posts like this from the Daily Wire are nothing but fishing expeditions for reactions. No productive conversation will come from them.
(11-02-2017, 02:31 PM)Belsnickel Wrote: I wouldn't say I am intending it to be an insult to say this is trolling/fishing, though I suppose one could be inferred. Posts like this from the Daily Wire are nothing but fishing expeditions for reactions. No productive conversation will come from them.

Sure productive conversation could come from this.  It highlights how extreme things have gotten in a lot of places.  
“History teaches that grave threats to liberty often come in times of urgency, when constitutional rights seem too extravagant to endure.”-Thurgood Marshall

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
(11-02-2017, 02:31 PM)Belsnickel Wrote: I wouldn't say I am intending it to be an insult to say this is trolling/fishing, though I suppose one could be inferred. Posts like this from the Daily Wire are nothing but fishing expeditions for reactions. No productive conversation will come from them.

Yeah, but that describes like 2/3 of the threads on this board.

(11-02-2017, 02:37 PM)JustWinBaby Wrote: Yeah, but that describes like 2/3 of the threads on this board.

Matt may be a little liberal in the threads he considers productive. 
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

As an artist, she is drawing influence from Riot grrrl who could challenge concert culture that was often dangerous for women by having women come to the front, creating a "safe space" where they didn't have to worry about being groped or assaulted.

Guys often hated it for obvious reasons.

This person is trying to do it in the sense that they want to see the POC representation of shows that she thinks are often predominantly white. She thinks it's intimidating.

Does this do a lot to get people thinking about these things? Nah, it just pisses people off. You shouldn't tell people to go to the back. That in itself is discrimination.
[Image: ulVdgX6.jpg]

(11-02-2017, 02:37 PM)JustWinBaby Wrote: Yeah, but that describes like 2/3 of the threads on this board.

(11-02-2017, 02:39 PM)bfine32 Wrote: Matt may be a little liberal in the threads he considers productive. 

Actually, I think 2/3 is being generous.

So no productive conversation come come from blatant racism?

Get real man.

And if you don’t like the thread you are not obligated to post. It’s voluntary.
(11-02-2017, 05:27 PM)StLucieBengal Wrote: So no productive conversation come come from blatant racism?

Get real man.

And if you don’t like the thread you are not obligated to post. It’s voluntary.

Productive conversation can come from racial discrimination such as what occurred at the event. However, in order to have productive conversation surrounding something like that the framing of it all is extremely important. Utilizing a website like the Daily Wire, which is a website intending to stir up the right-wing base, isn't going to lead to a productive conversation because of their framing.

Responding to me is just as voluntary. ThumbsUp
(11-02-2017, 05:42 PM)Belsnickel Wrote: Productive conversation can come from racial discrimination such as what occurred at the event. However, in order to have productive conversation surrounding something like that the framing of it all is extremely important. Utilizing a website like the Daily Wire, which is a website intending to stir up the right-wing base, isn't going to lead to a productive conversation because of their framing.

Nor is responding with a picture designed to belittle the OP. 
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

(11-02-2017, 05:54 PM)bfine32 Wrote: Nor is responding with a picture designed to belittle the OP. 

Never claimed it was.
(11-02-2017, 03:52 PM)Belsnickel Wrote: Actually, I think 2/3 is being generous.

I thought so, too....but I didn't want to get a warning  Cool

The Trump lovers here are turning this board into a National Enquirer Magazine to take the focus off Drumph and his love affair with the Russians. You can run but you can't hide.
(11-02-2017, 05:42 PM)Belsnickel Wrote: Productive conversation can come from racial discrimination such as what occurred at the event. However, in order to have productive conversation surrounding something like that the framing of it all is extremely important. Utilizing a website like the Daily Wire, which is a website intending to stir up the right-wing base, isn't going to lead to a productive conversation because of their framing.

I am not the one crying constantly over dailywire or any other source that is used on the board that I may not agree. You have chosen to pout and post pictures trying to give some veiled insult. At least have the guts to come at me or anyone else directly. Unless you are just a tippy toe type of dude.

Your views of conversation is only productive if it is framed the way you believe. If you can’t discuss a topic that is slanted the other way then you should have a word with yourself. Conservatives have had their entire lives discussing topics slanted to the left. Now it’s the leftists turn.
(11-03-2017, 10:31 AM)StLucieBengal Wrote: I am not the one crying constantly over dailywire or any other source that is used on the board that I may not agree.      You have chosen to pout and post pictures trying to give some veiled insult.   At least have the guts to come at me or anyone else directly.  Unless you are just a tippy toe type of dude.  

Imitation is the sincerest form of flattery.... ThumbsUp

(11-03-2017, 10:31 AM)StLucieBengal Wrote: Your views of conversation is only productive if it is framed the way you believe.   If you can’t discuss a topic that is slanted the other way then you should have a word with yourself.   Conservatives have had their entire lives discussing topics slanted to the left.   Now it’s the leftists turn.

I'm not even sure what this means.

Conservatives have had to argue their positions...and now they don't?

Or the topics have changed?

[Image: 297.png]
(11-03-2017, 10:31 AM)StLucieBengal Wrote:  Your views of conversation is only productive if it is framed the way you believe.   If you can’t discuss a topic that is slanted the other way then you should have a word with yourself.   Conservatives have had their entire lives discussing topics slanted to the left.   Now it’s the leftists turn.

Only if the conservative was alive for like five years in the early part of this decade.  LOL

Exaggeration doesn't help the issue.
(11-03-2017, 10:47 AM)Benton Wrote: Only if the conservative was alive for like five years in the early part of this decade.  LOL

Exaggeration doesn't help the issue.

Media has been flipped towards the democrats for decades. Only now with new media do conservatives have outlets.
(11-03-2017, 10:52 AM)StLucieBengal Wrote: Media has been flipped towards the democrats for decades.   Only now with new media do conservatives have outlets.

#FAKENEWS

#ALTERNATIVEFACTS
(11-03-2017, 10:31 AM)StLucieBengal Wrote: I am not the one crying constantly over dailywire or any other source that is used on the board that I may not agree. You have chosen to pout and post pictures trying to give some veiled insult. At least have the guts to come at me or anyone else directly. Unless you are just a tippy toe type of dude.

If you perceive saying that the type of article in the OP, and creating a thread about it, is trolling/fishing for reactionary posts as an insult, then that's on you. It's a description of what is occurring. If you think it is a negative thing to be doing that then you can evaluate your own behavior. I'm trying to evaluate my own, these days.

(11-03-2017, 10:31 AM)StLucieBengal Wrote: Your views of conversation is only productive if it is framed the way you believe. If you can’t discuss a topic that is slanted the other way then you should have a word with yourself. Conservatives have had their entire lives discussing topics slanted to the left. Now it’s the leftists turn.

Most blog posts, like those from the Daily Wire and other sites like it, are not written in language designed to spur a productive conversation. This is true for all parts of the political spectrum. Language choice matters with those sorts of things, and when something that is written comes across as aggressive, biased, etc., it isn't going to result in productive conversation because it creates an offensive and defensive side, which is toxic to these sorts of things. I'm not saying this is new, I'm not saying this is only a right-wing thing or that only you do it. Dino, Breech, Vlad, bfine, myself, we are all guilty of this type of interaction on here. That's why the environment in this sub is the way it is.