Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Sit Joe Burrow down
(09-20-2023, 02:27 PM)Nately120 Wrote: As long as we win.  I know it's only 2 games, but our current trend of playing him, making his calf worse, and then still taking the L isn't conducive to a successful season either.

Yea I gotta agree.

As much as I think there's no hope without Burrow, I'd rather see Burrow sit and take the losses so as to not risk any further injury/reaggravation.
Isn't that better than seeing a hobbled Burrow and maybe getting a couple wins but risking Burrow's health for the rest of the season?
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(09-20-2023, 01:56 PM)PCB Bengal Fan Wrote: You sit Joe & it's a wrap on the season. Either he plays through it or the season is done. Which do you prefer?

No problem with him playing through it if you can guarantee nothing worse happens.  Last thing we or he needs is an achilles tear like Aaron Rodgers, who also btw had a calf strain.
Reply/Quote
Burrow finally looked like an NFL QB at the end of the Ravens game. If you sit him he’ll need another game or two to knock the rust off again.
Reply/Quote
(09-20-2023, 03:06 PM)C0de_M0nkey Wrote: Burrow finally looked like an NFL QB at the end of the Ravens game. If you sit him he’ll need another game or two to knock the rust off again.

Basically, IF we sit him and lose...they might rest him 8 weeks...because it won't matter. Playoff hopes are gone.
Reply/Quote
(09-20-2023, 03:07 PM)THE PISTONS Wrote: Basically, IF we sit him and lose...they might rest him 8 weeks...because it won't matter. Playoff hopes are gone.

At some point this team with a big-ish money RB, a coaching staff that is apparently franchise-alteringly good, and more #1 WRs that most franchises have seen in decades is going to have to win a game without Burrow.

Ryan Finley did it, so let's ask why we aren't the 49ers who don't need to throw their entire season down the drain when they have QB issues.  Hell, the Ravens last year made the playoffs and gave us a scare with a backup QB for a chunk of the year.  It's just weird seeing someone like Jacoby Brisset get the W against us and then throwing our hands and saying that winning with a backup QB is in reach for what...the Browns but not us?  C'mon man.

If ZT is Chuck Noll let's see him win a game with our answer to Terry Hanratty.
Reply/Quote
(09-20-2023, 03:59 PM)Nately120 Wrote: At some point this team with an amazing coaching staff, a big-ish money RB, a coaching staff that is apparently franchise-alteringly good, and more #1 WRs that most franchises have seen in decades is going to have to win a game without Burrow.

Ryan Finley did it, so let's ask why we aren't the 49ers who don't need to throw their entire season down the drain when they have QB issues.  Hell, the Ravens last year made the playoffs and gave us a scare with a backup QB for a chunk of the year.  It's just weird seeing someone like Jacoby Brisset get the W against us and then throwing our hands and saying that winning with a backup QB is in reach for what...the Browns but not us?  C'mon man.

If ZT is Chuck Noll let's see him win a game with our answer to Terry Hanratty.

Not saying they can't win but plenty of teams have backups that aren't dreck like Cinci. sends out there.
Reply/Quote
(09-20-2023, 04:02 PM)higgy100 Wrote: Not saying they can't win but plenty of teams have backups that aren't dreck like Cinci. sends out there.

Well that's on our new dey FO then, I guess.  If it's going to turn back into 1998 every time Burrow is hobbled or out we should have the best backup money can buy.  Well, we won't have money for long...hmm.  Ehh Browning can be Purdy, or at least competent, right?
Reply/Quote
(09-20-2023, 02:27 PM)Nately120 Wrote: As long as we win.  I know it's only 2 games, but our current trend of playing him, making his calf worse, and then still taking the L isn't conducive to a successful season either.

Hey, somebody get it  Wink

I don't pretend to know anything about the proper way to treat Joe's injury. But I do know him hobbling around out there at half go is not good. And it's just begging for further injury.
Reply/Quote
(09-20-2023, 03:06 PM)Daddy-O Wrote: No problem with him playing through it if you can guarantee nothing worse happens.  Last thing we or he needs is an achilles tear like Aaron Rodgers, who also btw had a calf strain.

You do realize this could impact more than his calf muscle? Add to that, he’s a sitting duck to take shots. 
Reply/Quote
If we had a better playcaller & better designed plays & overall better coaching, we might be able to San Francisco it. But we don't. It's Burrow or tank.
Reply/Quote
(09-20-2023, 02:00 PM)ochocincos Wrote: There are some OTs I really like in the upcoming draft that the Bengals might have to be picking in the 8-15 range to get.
Just saying.

I feel like that pick needs to be d line no matter what. We have amazing lineabckers, a solid secondary, but we are still one of the only good teams that doesnt have a gamewrecker rushing the passer. Trey is supposed to be that guy but theres a reason Bosa can get 25-30 per and Trey is at what 17?

He lacks the relentlessness to finish sacks through traffic at the highest level. Hes right at the level under elite but it is what it is
-Housh
Reply/Quote
(09-20-2023, 06:52 PM)Housh Wrote: I feel like that pick needs to be d line no matter what. We have amazing lineabckers, a solid secondary, but we are still one of the only good teams that doesnt have a gamewrecker rushing the passer. Trey is supposed to be that guy but theres a reason Bosa can get 25-30 per and Trey is at what 17?

He lacks the relentlessness to finish sacks through traffic at the highest level. Hes right at the level under elite but it is what it is

Only if the DL is an interior pass rusher would I be ok with a DL in Rd 1.
I don't wanna see a 1st rounder spent on a run-stuffing NT or yet another DE after just spending a 1st rounder this year and having Hendrickson and Hubbard signed through 2025.

Meanwhile, there will/should be an immediate opening at RT next year when Jonah leaves.
I don't foresee the Bengals spending for a solid-or-better veteran RT unless Higgins walks.
But if Higgins walks, sign a vet RT and draft a WR in Rd 1. I'd be ok with that.
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote
(09-20-2023, 06:56 PM)ochocincos Wrote: Only if the DL is an interior pass rusher would I be ok with a DL in Rd 1.
I don't wanna see a 1st rounder spent on a run-stuffing NT or yet another DE after just spending a 1st rounder this year and having Hendrickson and Hubbard signed through 2025.

Meanwhile, there will/should be an immediate opening at RT next year when Jonah leaves.
I don't foresee the Bengals spending for a solid-or-better veteran RT unless Higgins walks.
But if Higgins walks, sign a vet RT and draft a WR in Rd 1. I'd be ok with that.

we cannot let higgins walk, one way or the other
Reply/Quote
(09-20-2023, 07:01 PM)reuben.ahmed Wrote: we cannot let higgins walk, one way or the other

If we sign Higgins we still have 3 years left on Chase even if we let him walk. With his 5th year option we have him 2 more years and we can tag him for one year. Maybe if we sign Higgins to a shorter contract and then tag Chase we can keep both for the next few years. I'm not too sure about anything after that. Maybe if we suck enough this year we can get Marvin Harrison Jr, and we have 2 #1s again. Honestly though, as long as we have a solid #1 and the rest mediocre receivers I think we'll be fine. Unless you're saying Burrow isn't elite and needs more weapons than any QB in the league.
Reply/Quote
(09-20-2023, 03:06 PM)Daddy-O Wrote: No problem with him playing through it if you can guarantee nothing worse happens.  Last thing we or he needs is an achilles tear like Aaron Rodgers, who also btw had a calf strain.

(09-20-2023, 05:45 PM)125250 Wrote: You do realize this could impact more than his calf muscle? Add to that, he’s a sitting duck to take shots. 

You do realize that you simply re-emphasized what the poster you were responding to said, right?

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
I have a feeling Mike Brown is wheeling out the state of the art TV that is seatbelted to the metal cart with the company VCR and making Burrow watch this:

[Image: s-l1200.webp]
Reply/Quote
Burrow called, he said he don't need your rocking chair..

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
(09-20-2023, 08:35 PM)SunsetBengal Wrote: Burrow called, he said he don't need your rocking chair..

I'm actually here sell him a casket if Aaron Donald gets a run at him.
Reply/Quote
Supposedly his calf felt better the past 2 days...
Reply/Quote
(09-20-2023, 08:45 PM)Nately120 Wrote: I'm actually here sell him a casket if Aaron Donald gets a run at him.

Negative vibe merchant..

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote