No
86.57%
58 86.57%
Total 67 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

Thread Rating:
  • 4 Vote(s) - 2 Average
Sit Joe Burrow?
(09-14-2023, 08:02 PM)Fan_in_Kettering Wrote: If Joe Burrow plays and can’t throw then it’s up to Zac Taylor and Brian Callahan to recognize this and call more run plays.

True and if he can't plant and throw that means he probably can't run or scramble either. Can't run all game. If limited like that he is 50%. Like a race car with a tire going down. May as well play Jake.   STOP..myself included, getting carried away here.

Love to see Joe throw for 275yds, 3 TD Sunday. Cool
(09-14-2023, 08:13 PM)RegularGuy22 Wrote: True and if he can't plant and throw that means he probably can't run or scramble either. Can't run all game. If limited like that he is 50%. Like a race car with a tire going down. May as well play Jake.   STOP..myself included, getting carried away here.

Love to see Joe throw for 275yds, 3 TD Sunday. Cool

Oh me too — if not more. I want SO bad to be wrong about Joe still being injured.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Zac, the trainers, and most of all Burrow himself know whether he is ready to play. The fan’s opinions are irrelevant.
(09-14-2023, 05:56 PM)Marlon23 Wrote: I am leaning towards sitting Joe Burrow for a few weeks and letting Jake take over.  If Burrow is not ready to go 100% then we should not risk him getting hurt more so.  Would you be against Burrow Sitting out for the next 2-3 Weeks?  

I am for it... and let Jake maintain us through the next few games if possible.

So when does a top tier QB need to be 100% to win games.. go back and watch some NFL QBs back in the day and how they overcame or just look at some games last year with Mahomes, he beat clearly more injured than Burrow is now..  I would agree with you if i saw Burrow unable to move around in the pocket but that was not evident last week... 
(09-14-2023, 06:08 PM)Fan_in_Kettering Wrote: If Joe Burrow is injured and he cannot plant and push off his right foot sufficiently well to throw accurately then yes, he should sit.  However, if Joe is healthier than he was in Week One then he should probably play.  The question I have is this: At what point is an injured Joe Burrow still better than a healthy Jake Browning?

Also as many Coaches will tell you "hurt" is different than "injured" ... I don;t see Burrow injured, he might be hurt, but you play players hurt , you sit players injured.  Right now Burrow to me might hurt some with the calf but is not playing with an injury. 
If Burrow is still recovering the coaching staff need to sit him. It doesnt help Burrow or the team if he goes out there against the Ravens and plays like he did against the Browns. What happens if Burrow needs to scramble and pulls his calf muscle again? How many weeks would he miss then? You are risking him being out a much longer period of time playing him when he isnt ready vs letting him rest a couple more weeks and getting healthy.
Joe should be playing. He needs to just fight the injury and play his A game this week. I'm getting the feeling that many here are calling it an excuse for his horrible play last week. I think the wet ball and oline play was a big factor, not his calf.
Who Dey!  Tiger
Don't think the coaches would gamble with their franchise QB unless he is healthy enough to play.

Will just respect their decision in this case.

The water tastes funny when you're far from your home,
yet it's only the thirsty that hunger to roam. 
          Roam the Jungle !
He didn't go out and cut his hair to sit on the bench. He's back!
(09-14-2023, 08:24 PM)SouthernFan Wrote: Zac, the trainers, and most of all Burrow himself know whether he is ready to play.  The fan’s opinions are irrelevant.

My opinion is that they don't seem to care if Burrow is ready to play based upon week 1.  Burrow at 25% seems to be preferable to our backups to them.
(09-14-2023, 07:50 PM)RegularGuy22 Wrote: Yes, we'll know come Sunday how he looks and how far from his normal he is. There were several times in Cleve where he just threw the ball down to end a play instead of running and sliding for some yards. Don't remember how many yards he needed for a 1st but it sure didn't look like vintage Joe. I know wet field and all but still.

If his calf is still so tender and sore where he can't plant and throw then he probably shouldn't be playing. We don't know. As said above Joe, Zac and trainers should know best. But I think back last year to Patrick limpin around still getting to the SB.

You mean Ben 2.0?
(09-14-2023, 08:24 PM)SouthernFan Wrote: Zac, the trainers, and most of all Burrow himself know whether he is ready to play. The fan’s opinions are irrelevant.

Absolutely
Romo “ so impressed with Zac ...1 of the best in the NFL… they are just fundamentally sound. Taylor the best winning % in the Playoffs of current coaches. Joe Burrow” Zac is the best head coach in the NFL & that gives me a lot of confidence." Taylor led the Bengals to their first playoff win since 1990, ending the longest active drought in the four major North American sports, en and appeared in Super Bowl LVI, the first since 1988.

(09-15-2023, 11:20 AM)Soonerpeace Wrote: Absolutely

So was it the right move to start Burrow in week 1?
If they sit Burrow now it's a benching...Of the highest paid player in the league. So they have no choice.

I hope someone takes the highest paid player spot because Burrow will never hear the end of it...

Quote:"Success doesn’t mean every single move they make is good" ~ Anonymous 
"Let not the dumb have to educate" ~ jj22
No offense, but this is a stupid thread. The time to sit Burrow was game 1. If he was truly injured, playing the Browns in the rain should've meant he sit. They didn't sit him then and they are certainly not going to sit him now.
[Image: giphy.gif]
(09-15-2023, 12:25 PM)PhilHos Wrote: No offense, but this is a stupid thread. The time to sit Burrow was game 1. If he was truly injured, playing the Browns in the rain should've meant he sit. They didn't sit him then and they are certainly not going to sit him now.

We have an ignore feature for posters but is there an ignore feature for threads? It would be nice to completely erase half the threads on here right now, so i don't even have to see them. 

"The measure of a man's intelligence can be seen in the length of his argument."
(09-15-2023, 12:14 PM)jj22 Wrote: If they sit Burrow now it's a benching...Of the highest paid player in the league. So they have no choice.

I hope someone takes the highest paid player spot because Burrow will never hear the end of it...

If he's hurt, he should possibly sit.  If we play Burrow hurt for the first month because we're afraid people will say he was benched and he gets more hurt then those same people will just say that the dumbass Bengals are ruining Joe Burrow by playing him hurt and risking long-term damage.
(09-15-2023, 08:13 AM)Sled21 Wrote: He didn't go out and cut his hair to sit on the bench. He's back!

Sled wins the internet today.  I can now log off smiling.

(09-15-2023, 12:28 PM)rfaulk34 Wrote: We have an ignore feature for posters but is there an ignore feature for threads? It would be nice to completely erase half the threads on here right now, so i don't even have to see them. 

Burrow was a Full Participant in practice so it looks like he is playing.

As to the validity of this Thread - AFTER the Ravens games is played those wanting to Sit Burrow will either feel like they have more of a case 

for doing so or less based on how the game goes & how healthy Burrow appears to be Post game.

Burrow and The Bengals Organization appear to be going all in on the play Burrow side and they have the most information to work with.

I say play him since trusting their judgement but there is an outside chance that the Sit Burrow crowd could play the "see I told you so" card 

after the Ravens game & this Thread gets more CRED.

Not my Thread, so I'm hoping for less CRED for the Thread after the Ravens game is played and a healthy Burrow.  Wub
(09-15-2023, 12:28 PM)rfaulk34 Wrote: We have an ignore feature for posters but is there an ignore feature for threads? It would be nice to completely erase half the threads on here right now, so i don't even have to see them. 

I mean you don't have to click on the thread. Some self control would be easier then dictating what others can post or say which some of the same 3 or 4 posters like to do far too much around here.

Quote:"Success doesn’t mean every single move they make is good" ~ Anonymous 
"Let not the dumb have to educate" ~ jj22