No
86.57%
58 86.57%
Total 67 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

Thread Rating:
  • 4 Vote(s) - 2 Average
Sit Joe Burrow?

(09-15-2023, 11:31 AM)Nately120 Wrote: So was it the right move to start Burrow in week 1?

It is the right stance to trust the coaches & training/medical staff until they are proven wrong. They’ve got great history
Romo “ so impressed with Zac ...1 of the best in the NFL… they are just fundamentally sound. Taylor the best winning % in the Playoffs of current coaches. Joe Burrow” Zac is the best head coach in the NFL & that gives me a lot of confidence." Taylor led the Bengals to their first playoff win since 1990, ending the longest active drought in the four major North American sports, en and appeared in Super Bowl LVI, the first since 1988.

(09-15-2023, 03:13 PM)Soonerpeace Wrote: It is the right stance to trust the coaches & training/medical staff until they are proven wrong. They’ve got great history

I guess we will see what happens against the Ravens.  If Burrow looks anywhere close to as bad as he looked in week 1 we almost have to hope that he's hurt and they're playing him against good logic.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
(09-15-2023, 01:25 PM)jj22 Wrote: I mean you don't have to click on the thread.  Some self control would be easier then dictating what others can post or say which some of the same 3 or 4 posters like to do far too much around here.

How do i know if it's a totally shitty thread or something that has a thought provoking point, simply off the title?

"The measure of a man's intelligence can be seen in the length of his argument."
(09-15-2023, 05:35 PM)rfaulk34 Wrote: How do i know if it's a totally shitty thread or something that has a thought provoking point, simply off the title?

I think the title gave away that this thread had a hint of foolishness. 

And it got to 3 pages with solid poll participation, so I give the op props

Quote:"Success doesn’t mean every single move they make is good" ~ Anonymous 
"Let not the dumb have to educate" ~ jj22
(09-15-2023, 09:44 PM)jj22 Wrote: I think the title gave away that  this thread had a hint of foolishness. 

And it got to 3 pages with solid poll participation, so I give the op props

The title itself doesn't imply that it's a bad thread. It could have been asking hypotheticals and positive and negatives for Burrow and the Bengals. 

In hindsight, it's probably not as bad as i reacted but it's not so much about pros and cons as it is an opinion that he should sit out "a few weeks" and let Jake Browning "maintain" the offense. 

There's nothing to indicate Burrow needs to sit out several weeks and there's little chance that Browning could do much maintaining. Burrow has a bad week. It wasn't because he simply couldn't move around. In his current state, he's miles better than what Browning could provide. 

The OP gave his opinion and i gave mine. Pretty much tit for tat and no one was harmed in the process. 

"The measure of a man's intelligence can be seen in the length of his argument."
I don't know why anything other than he was rusty from no preseason/TC snaps and the weather was terrible needs to be said. 

All the questions about a lingering injury are silly. If he wasn't physically able to play in an NFL game, the team is not going to put him out there. It's not like if an injury happens again he's just going to tweak it, come out, rest for a few weeks and then come back. He would have the possiblity of tearing a muscle or rupturing his achilles. 

There's a lot of common sense that gets thrown to the side sometimes...

(09-15-2023, 04:06 PM)Nately120 Wrote: I guess we will see what happens against the Ravens.  If Burrow looks anywhere close to as bad as he looked in week 1 we almost have to hope that he's hurt and they're playing him against good logic.

Well said.
(09-15-2023, 04:06 PM)Nately120 Wrote: I guess we will see what happens against the Ravens.  If Burrow looks anywhere close to as bad as he looked in week 1 we almost have to hope that he's hurt and they're playing him against good logic.

Well I know this for certain:

If JB looks good, it's because of JB

If JB looks bad, it's because of Zac
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

(09-16-2023, 11:58 AM)bfine32 Wrote: Well I know this for certain:

If JB looks good, it's because of JB

If JB looks bad, it's because of Zac

It's always easier to blame the guy who is over a dozen games under .500 without the other guy in question, I'll admit. 
This board has been hurting my head since that loss to the Stains that wasn't entirely unexpected.

Burrow needs to tough it out and go into the rest of the season with a new mind set is all. That first game wasn't him
just not being ready physically, it was him not being ready mentally, going into Cleveland the one team that gives him
trouble without reps, with an OL without reps, a rain storm, with a HC that starts out slow and a bad haircut. Mellow

Dude will be fine, watch him play the game of his life against the Ratbirds Sunday. Mellow
(09-15-2023, 12:28 PM)rfaulk34 Wrote: We have an ignore feature for posters but is there an ignore feature for threads? It would be nice to completely erase half the threads on here right now, so i don't even have to see them. 

Go ahead and delete my account. Take Care Bengals Fans and Bengals Board.. WHO DEY!!!
(09-16-2023, 11:40 PM)Marlon23 Wrote: Go ahead and delete my account. Take Care Bengals Fans and Bengals Board.. WHO DEY!!!

[Image: willy-wonka.gif]

Wow the OP is a genius.
I wouldn't say he is a Genius but dang he nailed it with Joe Burrow still not being 100%. So he is close to being a Genius.
only 6 of us agreed to 57
Should've sat Week 1. Wasn't quite on it today, but clearly more with it. Unless the injury has regressed, you can't really sit him in week 3. For me, a poll which is two weeks too late.
(09-17-2023, 06:22 PM)reuben.ahmed Wrote: only 6 of us agreed to 57

Nothing worse than playing your star when he is not ready.  And it is clear now that he was not ready and now appears to have done more damage. it is a shame.  
(09-17-2023, 06:32 PM)Marlon23 Wrote: Nothing worse than playing your star when he is not ready.  And it is clear now that he was not ready and now appears to have done more damage. it is a shame.  

Sorry missing open WRs is not being injured 
(09-17-2023, 06:47 PM)Essex Johnson Wrote: Sorry missing open WRs is not being injured 

it is evident that Burrow is not 100% and has not been 100% and the probability of him being injured due to not being 100% is greater than not being injured. It is ok for you to state what you think is correct even though the facts prove your statement to be inconsistent with the situation which has occurred.  Take Care Essex.