Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 3 Average
Skip Bayless calls the Bengals frauds....
(02-04-2022, 01:40 AM)Nepa Wrote: So far, listening to the TV analysts, the Rams have a better WR corps than the Bengals, the better defensive line, the better offensive line, the better quarterback, the better overall defense, the better overall offense, the better special teams, and the better coach. And the game is in their home stadium. About the only thing that haven't said the Rams are better at is the Cart.

Surprised they didn't throw in that their cheerleaders are better than ours!

I LOVE that we're the underdogs here and we're being overlooked by so many, just like Joe Burrow loves it!
Reply/Quote
(02-04-2022, 12:29 AM)Shake n Blake Wrote: They only have 5 sacks in 3 playoff games.

We've only allowed 3 sacks in our non-Titans playoff games.

Trying to be positive here.

Can’t just ignore the titans game. The rams dline is better..

(02-04-2022, 12:48 AM)rfaulk34 Wrote: Fast track. Climate controlled. I'd expect to see the Bengals offense that we've seen a few times this year as opposed to what we've seen so far these playoffs. 

I don’t think the weather had anything to do with the 9 sacks against the titans. We have a glaring weakness. We’ll have to overcome it.

All I’m saying is our offense is going to have to play much better than they have in the post season so far. Our defense has carried us.

Our offense has done ‘just’ enough. burrow had two huge ints at terrible moments in 2 different games. He’s been under a lot of pressure. I expected us to move the ball better against KC. Our defense won the game for us. Our run game has been inconsistent. Now bring in the rams pass rush with what they did to Brady… it’s a recipe for a blowout if the rams play their A game and we don’t improve in some key areas.

Our defense will need to play great and force some turnovers, and our offense will have to play better than they have. That’s all I’m saying. The game has the potential to get out of hand (as skip and what’s his face said).

I’ve seen a lot of super bowl blowouts where one team is just more talented/experienced and throttles an opponent that won a lot of close games to get there. I hope that doesn’t happen here. Hopefully we keep it close. If it’s a close game I could see it going either way. But other than the 9ers game, the rams basically blew out every opponent. The Tampa bay game was a blowout until a couple untimely turnovers let them back in.

Who knows though. I expected a high scoring game last week and our offense didn’t do much. I didn’t see our defense shutting down KC like they did. Maybe this week I hope for a close defensive game and we are finally able to break through and score at will. I’d like to see that but if we’re judging based on what have you done lately (last 3 games), or if you just analyze out offensive line vs their dline, it doesn’t look good. The game plan will have to be perfect and we’ll have to overcome this challenge.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(02-04-2022, 02:31 AM)Bengalstripes9 Wrote: Can’t just ignore the titans game. The rams dline is better..

I don’t think the weather had anything to do with the 9 sacks against the titans. We have a glaring weakness. We’ll have to overcome it.

All I’m saying is our offense is going to have to play much better than they have in the post season so far. Our defense has carried us.

Our offense has done ‘just’ enough. burrow had two huge ints at terrible moments in 2 different games. He’s been under a lot of pressure. I expected us to move the ball better against KC. Our defense won the game for us. Our run game has been inconsistent. Now bring in the rams pass rush with what they did to Brady… it’s a recipe for a blowout if the rams play their A game and we don’t improve in some key areas.

Our defense will need to play great and force some turnovers, and our offense will have to play better than they have. That’s all I’m saying. The game has the potential to get out of hand (as skip and what’s his face said).

I’ve seen a lot of super bowl blowouts where one team is just more talented/experienced and throttles an opponent that won a lot of close games to get there. I hope that doesn’t happen here. Hopefully we keep it close. If it’s a close game I could see it going either way. But other than the 9ers game, the rams basically blew out every opponent. The Tampa bay game was a blowout until a couple untimely turnovers let them back in.

Who knows though. I expected a high scoring game last week and our offense didn’t do much. I didn’t see our defense shutting down KC like they did. Maybe this week I hope for a close defensive game and we are finally able to break through and score at will. I’d like to see that but if we’re judging based on what have you done lately (last 3 games), or if you just analyze out offensive line vs their dline, it doesn’t look good. The game plan will have to be perfect and we’ll have to overcome this challenge.
Sounds like you are a rams fan
Reply/Quote
(02-03-2022, 04:32 PM)Tony Wrote: https://youtu.be/_jhSgG1fRvw

I hope the team sees this.. Also, **** skip Bayless.  He was just on our bandwagon against the chiefs, now he says this BS? Scumbag...

Since he is the epitome of "click bait", I won't even click it.

When the Bengals win it all, I only want to shove it up one group's collective ass:  the pittsburgh steelers.  Aside from that, I focus more on the good and all the amazing stories and celebrations.  
Reply/Quote
(02-03-2022, 04:37 PM)Tony Wrote: I was starting to like him again after he picked the Bengals to beat the chiefs. and now he flips to this? How can anyone take him serious??

What would we expect from a guy wth the name "Skip" or "Skippy" F him! He probably used get his little ass kicked everyday growing up.
This is just an more motivational lockerroom stuff for Bengals. Keep it up Skippy 
Reply/Quote
(02-04-2022, 02:41 AM)Tony Wrote: Sounds like you are a rams fan

No, just looking at the matchup from an unbiased view.

I’ll throw in a stat: Rams rank 1 in pass rush win rate.
Bengals rank 30th in pass block win rate.

Hope to see the bengals overcome this.
Reply/Quote
(02-04-2022, 02:31 AM)Bengalstripes9 Wrote: Can’t just ignore the titans game. The rams dline is better..

I'm not ignoring it. I'm just saying it looks like an anomaly.

The most sacks we'd allowed prior to that was 6 (on 40 attempts). The Rams only have 5 sacks in 3 playoff games.

Yes, they're probably going to get to Joe. I'd put the over/under at 5 personally. You make it seem like Rams line > Titans line = 10+ sacks.

I don't think it's that simple. It depends on coverage, if we keep Mixon in to chip, what type of routes we attack them with, how fatigued or healthy the lines are after 20 games, etc etc.

I could be wrong, but I just don't see 9 happening again.
The training, nutrition, medicine, fitness, playbooks and rules evolve. The athlete does not.
Reply/Quote